Topic: So I am reloading EAW on my newest creation...  (Read 4559 times)

Potemkin

So I am reloading EAW on my newest creation...
« on: November 02, 2003, 05:26:41 pm »
I register, and start the game.  It asks for the key, and EVERY TIME I TOUCH ANY KEY ALL I GET IS <chime>!!!

I know this is something simple - but what is it???  

Thanks

Po~

Cleaven

Re: So I am reloading EAW on my newest creation...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2003, 05:34:28 pm »
You're using XP....
Press the Windows key and then click on EAW from the bar at the bottom of the screen. The code entry window should now be active.

Alternatively install OP instead (it has the same problem too but the cloak works better).  

Potemkin

Actually...
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2003, 05:43:13 pm »
It's Windows 2000 Pro -

I figured it out - gotta have the disk in for putting in the CD key...

Duh!!!!

Po~

Cleaven

Re: Actually...
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2003, 05:51:28 pm »
Actually it's not the disk, but now I know it happens with W2K as well. It's just that the window for entering the code is not active and you have to switch to it. The dinging is the error sound that you get when try and type outside a window that is waiting for a required entry.  

Lord Marauder

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 05:15:47 am »
Try running "sfcop.exe" and "Starfleetop.exe" In win98/me compatabily mode. I was having the same problem until I tried that little solution, and now I no longer have that problem. I know it doesn't make much sense, but it fixed the problem and thats all that matters.

Potemkin

So I am reloading EAW on my newest creation...
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2003, 05:26:41 pm »
I register, and start the game.  It asks for the key, and EVERY TIME I TOUCH ANY KEY ALL I GET IS <chime>!!!

I know this is something simple - but what is it???  

Thanks

Po~

Cleaven

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2003, 05:34:28 pm »
You're using XP....
Press the Windows key and then click on EAW from the bar at the bottom of the screen. The code entry window should now be active.

Alternatively install OP instead (it has the same problem too but the cloak works better).  

Potemkin

Actually...
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2003, 05:43:13 pm »
It's Windows 2000 Pro -

I figured it out - gotta have the disk in for putting in the CD key...

Duh!!!!

Po~

Cleaven

Re: Actually...
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2003, 05:51:28 pm »
Actually it's not the disk, but now I know it happens with W2K as well. It's just that the window for entering the code is not active and you have to switch to it. The dinging is the error sound that you get when try and type outside a window that is waiting for a required entry.  

Lord Marauder

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2003, 05:15:47 am »
Try running "sfcop.exe" and "Starfleetop.exe" In win98/me compatabily mode. I was having the same problem until I tried that little solution, and now I no longer have that problem. I know it doesn't make much sense, but it fixed the problem and thats all that matters.