Topic: Robotech Mod: Shatterd Space  (Read 5424 times)

ancientangel

Robotech Mod: Shatterd Space
« on: November 03, 2003, 06:40:41 am »
If the word has not got out already. I am in the process of working on the Robotech Mod, that was started two years ago under the SFC3 game Engine.  This may take awhile since it is currently a one man project but atleast this time around I have all of the tools needed to add Hard Points and Damage Points.

Currently I am trying to find server space for this project but I do have a few working in-game pictures currently.

This is going to be a total conversion to the SFC3 game more so than just a Mod.
I'll post more information on this later on in the day.

ancientangel

Re: Robotech Mod: Shatterd Space
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 04:22:03 am »

WIP Marduk Mother Base/Ship  

ZorClone

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 10:14:42 am »
THAT.. is not from Robotech.. that's from "Macross: DYRL?"    

ancientangel

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 10:53:47 am »
That is from Macross II and a different version of this was in Macross: DYRL.  But for the most part it is the same ship design.

Now about this whole Robotech-Macross issues of what belongs to what and who is better than the other in terms of the shows and other subjects. Those are Robotech-Macross purist issues which I will not take part in.

As I have stated on a few other forums, this is mainly going to be a Robotech Modification. But I do intend on using more ship designs from other Macross shows  in order to progress the time-line and show a level of new ship designs. This also means non-canon ships will be put into place in the game if they maintain the look and have a proper place with-in this universe.  In other words it has to make some sort of sense to be with-in this game.

The original Mod concept was to full in the four race slots with the major races of the Robotech Universe which as we all know are the Zentraedi, Robotech Masters, Micronians and Invid. After thinking this threw a little there is simply not enough Robotech Master Ships to go around and fill in an entire race of ships for the one race.

So I can either place the Robotech Masters in with the Zentraedi and split the Micronians into two major groups the RDF and the REF with most of the Southern Cross ships in the RDF section.

Now SFC3 has a AI pirate race available, and a perfect choice would be to place some Marduk ships in that slot.

Chris Jones

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 10:19:37 pm »
AA - I posted your info on SFC3 Files. How ya been?

ancientangel

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2003, 06:08:38 am »
Hay Buddy!

Well long story short, I'm Alive!

I up and quit my bussiness and got a real job with 80% less stress and 10% less pay. But now I can actually take a vacation and all that other jazz.

When I did that I checked back into my old haunts and found out that AssimSoft finally granted my wish with Hard Points and Damage Points. So now I can do about everything for a Mod (yeah!)

Other than that, same old same old.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2003, 09:34:48 pm by ancientangel »

ancientangel

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2003, 06:30:11 am »
You know I have contacted both Frost Works and NightSoft about server space and I know it hasn't been yet a week yet since the time I sent the E-mail out. I'm going to start looking else where soon.  

Chris Jones

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2003, 07:02:38 am »
Let me talk to Peter for you..

Your looking for webspace, etc.. correct?

ancientangel

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2003, 12:59:34 pm »
Yup Hosting.

ancientangel

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2003, 09:42:28 pm »
Weekend up-date:

Web-page structure has been designed and 50% of its content has been completed. By the time server status comes around there shouldn't be much for me to do other than up-date the news, Gallery and Mod section of the site.

Been slowly working on a new VF Mesh. I will make texture blanks available so people can personalize them out and develope there own fighter wings and color schemes.
The Marduk Mothership and Zentraedi version of it have been meshed out, they are now awaiting hard points and damage points before they are placed in game.  

ancientangel

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2003, 07:20:43 am »
NightSoft just sent me my old ftp information it shouldn't be long now.  

Chris Jones

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2003, 10:03:34 am »
Well cool - I'll post the website information on SFC3 Files when you have it up.

ancientangel

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2003, 11:07:59 am »
Thanks Chris!  

ZorClone

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2003, 11:55:38 am »
Marduk?  Is that from Macross2 or something?

I would suggest maybe splitting the Zentraedi up into two sides: male and female.  They were aggressive towards each other in Robotech and Macross, so it would fit in nicely.  I wouldn't split up the RDF vs the REF though...   you might consider making the Masters the "pirate" race with their motherships and bioroid mecha..

the only reason I was pointing out that that ship didn't belong in Robotech is because I like Robotech more so than Macross...  it just seems a bit wierd to see that thing instead of Dolza's fortress, or Breetai's flagship..  

ancientangel

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2003, 12:08:31 pm »
Thats understandable about the Marduk.

Right now I am just focusing more so on the Robotech Mod than the Macross II models.
I do plan on making a Dolza's Mothership for this game. I don't know where I will put it since its so dam big but I do intend on making it.

The FAQ area of the site has ironed out a ton of the issues dealing with this mod.

Races are going to be on the following lines.
RDF-REF (Federation slot)
Zentraedi (Klingon slot)
Robotech Masters (Romulan slot)
Invid (Borg slot)

As for the pirates I am going to keep this area open for the time being. I have a few ideas but lets just see how the rest of the stuff falls into place.  

ZorClone

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2003, 03:12:42 pm »
the pirates could be represented by Khyron's rogue forces..?  Did I spell his name right? lol

ancientangel

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2003, 03:29:00 pm »
Yeah, I keeping coming back to Zentraedi as pirates. Then I think for a second Hay how about more Invid but that just doesn't make sense. Now what would be truely intresting is if I made those Pirate Zentraedi into the Rogue Defectors that ends up joining the SDF-1 fight off the Dolza's Grand Fleet.

All I would have to do would be edit the allaince section in the campaign information to do it. But this would give the RDF-REF a huge advantage over the other races. But that can be ironed out by limiting the starting econ values etc...  

Lepton1

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2003, 11:12:16 pm »
I am confused as to how you are going to do fighters with missile packs when there are no missiles in SFC3.  I'd almost rather see this as an SFC2 mod, where the fighters could be actual fighters or even better PFs.  Good luck to you.