Topic: Mission PP for Noobs.....  (Read 2959 times)

ChefAce

Mission PP for Noobs.....
« on: November 06, 2003, 12:08:48 am »
I am trying to figure out what I have to do in order to increase the amount of PP earned for current missions.

I would also like to know what are the latest script editors out there.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

ChefAce

Re: Mission PP for Noobs.....
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 08:04:07 am »
Just checking to see if I was answered.
Guess not...

<walks away dispondent>

ChefAce

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 05:17:26 pm »
2 days and no answers?

What is the problem? Share the information you guys have. Knowledge is nothing if we are not willing to share it with others.

I don't like to plead but I am pleading here. Share the wealth.

NuclearWessels

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 05:48:10 pm »
Can't remember if this is entirely true in D3, but in D2 the PP awards are completely under the control of the mission script, so to alter them you need to edit and recompile the mission script.

To do that, you need a copy of microsofts visual C++ version 6.0 with service pack 5 (iirc), plus a copy of the API (including the mission scripts) for whichever SFC you're working in (lots of sites have that posted).

Editing and rebuilding existing scripts isn't too horribly ugly, but it's not trivial either.

Sorry I haven't got a guide to the SFC3 API, but you'll find quite a few similarities with the SFC2 API guide listed in my sig

dave

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by NuclearWessels »

Karnak

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 05:58:26 pm »
In order to modify the mission scripts you need to procure a copy of MS Visual C++ 6.0 (min. Standard Edition).  Once you have opened up the project file for a given mission (ie. the *.dsp file) goto the source file of the Victory Condition class.  

For example, the Victory Condition class file can be called "ScanVictoryCondition.cpp".  If you open this file you then need to go to the ::mSetupState method  of the the tScanVictoryCondition class in order to modify the PP payout for the mission:

void tScanVictoryCondition::mSetupState()
{
   tScanVictoryState* ScanVictoryState = new tScanVictoryState( 5000, 2500, 0, -1000, -2000 );

mRegisterState( ScanVictoryState );

mGotoState( typeid( tScanVictoryState ) );   
}

The values inputted to the new ScanVictoryState pointer variable on the 3rd line of the above example correspond to the following victory states:   (kAstoudingVictory, kVictory, kDraw, kDefeat, kDevastatingDefeat).  

In other words:

1)  Astounding Victory pays 5000 pp.
2) Victory pays 2500 pp.
3) Draw pay 0 pp.
4) Defeat pays a loss of 1000 pp.
5) Devastating Defeat pays a loss of 2000 pp.  

The above example is the code used in Pelican's Planetary Defence missions you've played in DomWars. I'm sure the PP payouts appear to be familiar to you.

GL Ace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Karnak »

ChefAce

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 07:06:35 pm »
You are the cream of the crop and my new heros.

I really appreciate the information and example you have both posted.

That is more information than I have been able to procure on my own. You guys are great.

Unfortunatlly this probably won't be the last question. I hope to be able to utilize you abilities and knowledge as script writers and modders.

Thank you.
 Respectfully,
Eric

Karnak

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 11:18:04 pm »
NP,  ACE. I'm currently working on the design for about 9 new SFC3 missions to add onto to Pelican's collection.  When I have the design ready I'll send you a copy and then give me feedback. Then I'll code up the missions and you can use them on your mod as well as DomWars and even TNZ, hehe.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Karnak »

ChefAce

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2003, 06:01:23 am »
You are a god send Karnak.

Thanks for all the info and for the great offer to use your mission pack.

I am looking forward, like a kid at x-mas, to seeing what you come up with.

Good luck with it and I hope to see you soon.