Topic: It's safari time!  (Read 4925 times)

Rat_Boy

It's safari time!
« on: November 10, 2003, 01:37:23 pm »
From GameSpot

Quote:

Today, the MMORPG site Allakhazam's Magical Realm is reporting that a massive bounty--150,000 credits--is being offered for the newly hatched Jedi's heads. As of press time, they had not been killed.

Reaction in the Galaxies community has been mixed. Some see the bounties as a cynical move by Sony Online Entertainment to keep the Jedi population down, others praise it as being true to the spirit of the SW films. Unsurprisingly, the most common reaction has been bloodthirsty enthusiasm by players with bounty-hunter characters, who have posted comments like "It's safari time!" on SWG forums.

Imagine if someone on the D2 or D3 who got a BB had something similar happen to them.

Sirgod

Re: It's safari time!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 04:41:49 pm »
Quote:

From GameSpot

Quote:

Today, the MMORPG site Allakhazam's Magical Realm is reporting that a massive bounty--150,000 credits--is being offered for the newly hatched Jedi's heads. As of press time, they had not been killed.

Reaction in the Galaxies community has been mixed. Some see the bounties as a cynical move by Sony Online Entertainment to keep the Jedi population down, others praise it as being true to the spirit of the SW films. Unsurprisingly, the most common reaction has been bloodthirsty enthusiasm by players with bounty-hunter characters, who have posted comments like "It's safari time!" on SWG forums.

Imagine if someone on the D2 or D3 who got a BB had something similar happen to them.  

hey It's happened. I finally get in a Fed-BB on one of Rooks earlier D2's And here Comes Warsears to smack my [edited] .

I think he got paid by the Orms though. those Roms are too sneaky.  

Stephen

Rat_Boy

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 04:46:39 pm »
Paid with what?  It's not like you can use prestige as a currency, unless somebody modded it in...

Toasty0

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 05:01:05 pm »
Quote:

Paid with what?  It's not like you can use prestige as a currency, unless somebody modded it in...  

I think it was a joke, newsman.  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 05:32:09 pm »
I was making a suggestion if anybody ever gets around to contracting Taldren to do SFC Online.

Toasty0

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 06:35:23 pm »
Quote:

I was making a suggestion if anybody ever gets around to contracting Taldren to do SFC Online.  

Oh. Duh, how dense of me.  

Rat_Boy

It's safari time!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 01:37:23 pm »
From GameSpot

Quote:

Sirgod

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2003, 04:41:49 pm »
Quote:

From GameSpot

Quote:

hey It's happened. I finally get in a Fed-BB on one of Rooks earlier D2's And here Comes Warsears to smack my [edited] .

Stephen

Rat_Boy

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2003, 04:46:39 pm »

Toasty0

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2003, 05:01:05 pm »
Quote:

Rat_Boy

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2003, 05:32:09 pm »

Toasty0

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2003, 06:35:23 pm »
Quote:

Rat_Boy

It's safari time!
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2003, 01:37:23 pm »
From GameSpot

Quote:

Sirgod

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2003, 04:41:49 pm »
Quote:

From GameSpot

Quote:

Stephen

Rat_Boy

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2003, 04:46:39 pm »

Toasty0

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2003, 05:01:05 pm »
Quote:

Rat_Boy

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2003, 05:32:09 pm »

Toasty0

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2003, 06:35:23 pm »
Quote: