Topic: Furnace/ Paint ?  (Read 2756 times)

Sirgod

Furnace/ Paint ?
« on: November 12, 2003, 02:16:30 pm »
Hi all, as most of you know, I've been painting my house.

I do have a question though about my Floor Furnaces, Of which I have two in moderatly High Traffic areas.

I know that Rustoleum makes a high temperature Spray on paint, But I'm not sure of people (Or my dogs) stepping on It, as It's mostly for outdoor grills.

Having talked to the Gas Company, I found that I should at least get a paint/Enamal for upwards of 200 Degrees.

So there we are Friends, Has anyone else had to take care f a situation like this before, and If so, what did you use. also any suggestions are more then welcome.

Thanks ,

Stephen

Stormbringer

Re: Furnace/ Paint ?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 03:48:43 pm »
The grate I saw didn't look to be in bad shape. Not sure you need to paint it. As long as it is not rusing out it can be bare metal. In an inhabited house, it should not remain damp enough to degrade further. Then again, I havent lived in a house with floor furnaces since I was a toddler.

Sirgod

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 04:30:59 pm »
Quote:

The grate I saw didn't look to be in bad shape. Not sure you need to paint it. As long as it is not rusing out it can be bare metal. In an inhabited house, it should not remain damp enough to degrade further. Then again, I havent lived in a house with floor furnaces since I was a toddler.  

I hear you Bro, It's just that I was thinking about when we tile the Floors getting something to match. Still not sure how Denise want's to do It, But It might be worth doing just for the Eye Candy.

Hehe, I also have what Christina had the other day now. had It since yesterday.

Someone started a thread about the most embarrasing thing you've done; Well I think It happened today at Snyders, the local store, where I lost everything right there in the middle of an aisle. LOL. Thank God I've been shopping there for ever with My Grandmother, But It was still very embarasing.

Anyway, Next time the steaks are on me Bro.

Stephen

Sirgod

Furnace/ Paint ?
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 02:16:30 pm »

I do have a question though about my Floor Furnaces, Of which I have two in moderatly High Traffic areas.

I know that Rustoleum makes a high temperature Spray on paint, But I'm not sure of people (Or my dogs) stepping on It, as It's mostly for outdoor grills.

Having talked to the Gas Company, I found that I should at least get a paint/Enamal for upwards of 200 Degrees.

So there we are Friends, Has anyone else had to take care f a situation like this before, and If so, what did you use. also any suggestions are more then welcome.

Thanks ,

Stephen

Stormbringer

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 03:48:43 pm »

Sirgod

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 04:30:59 pm »
Quote:

I hear you Bro, It's just that I was thinking about when we tile the Floors getting something to match. Still not sure how Denise want's to do It, But It might be worth doing just for the Eye Candy.

Someone started a thread about the most embarrasing thing you've done; Well I think It happened today at Snyders, the local store, where I lost everything right there in the middle of an aisle. LOL. Thank God I've been shopping there for ever with My Grandmother, But It was still very embarasing.

Stephen

Sirgod

Furnace/ Paint ?
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2003, 02:16:30 pm »

Thanks ,

Stephen

Stormbringer

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2003, 03:48:43 pm »

Sirgod

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2003, 04:30:59 pm »
Quote:

Stephen