Topic: Just got SFC2 ;) Got a cd problem  (Read 6621 times)

Havok

Just got SFC2 ;) Got a cd problem
« on: November 25, 2003, 12:18:44 am »
Hi everyone.
 Took me awhile to find a copy of SFC2, but I loved the game so much. Friend of mine had let me play his long time ago.

Well I am having a problem with it and I have no idea who to turn to.  
After installing the game, and getting the patch I needed, I went to boot up and play, got the enter cd key message so I entered the one on my jewel case. ONce I clicked enter it came up ERROR! We're sorry, but the cd key you entered is incorrect. Please try again.  *scratches head* Say whaa??  
 I've tried putting it in with - without - Caps on Caps off.  I"m at a lost and interplay no longer supports the game do they?
Help me please.  
                                          Thanks
                                   Jason  

Aldaron

Re: Just got SFC2 ;) Got a cd problem
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 12:21:07 am »
Some SFC2 were shipped with the OP cd key instead of the EAW cd key. You'll have to get in touch with someone (don't know who since Interplay is basically gone) to get the correct cd key. Maybe Taldren can help.

Havok

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 12:39:57 am »
Hmmm, that sucks.
 I"ve been looking for a copy of sfc2 for months and months.  
Taldren are you out there? Please help me.
Sitting here dying to play sfc2  and got to get to bed for work tomorrow.. NOT FAIR

Cleaven

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2003, 02:49:05 am »
Go here:

http://www.interplay.com/support/cscontact.asp

and select CDkey issues for type of question. People report that they issue a new key the next working day.  

Aldaron

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 08:50:50 am »
That's good. Glad Interplay is still fixing the mess they created with this, have to keep that in mind.

Praxis

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 12:50:15 pm »
I think you could tell if it was correct or not by the amount of letters/numbers on the case.  I think OP had more than SFC2, could be wrong though.

TB613

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2003, 03:51:30 pm »
Quote:

I think you could tell if it was correct or not by the amount of letters/numbers on the case.  I think OP had more than SFC2, could be wrong though.  

While that is true only an owner of EAW  and OP that knows the correct serial number pattern will be able to do this comparision while a new owner of OP is unlikely to know about this.  

Cleaven

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2003, 06:16:32 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

While that is true only an owner of EAW  and OP that knows the correct serial number pattern will be able to do this comparision while a new owner of OP is unlikely to know about this.    

But then a new owner of OP won't have this problem. The moral of the story is to buy OP (or get a copy since you do have an OP CD-key).  

Havok

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2003, 09:35:27 pm »
Hmmm,
 Ya know, if that is a op cd-key I got, maybe I should go get op.  Is it hard to find now days?
Then I'll have eaw, op , and sfc3
 (I like sfc2 best out of all, until I try op.) SFC3 while it looks better than eaw, while it being easy to play and get into sometimes it just feels like no tactics are their. You dont have to manage your ships as much. And why only 4 races.
 Still its a good game when I don't feel like micro managing
Also I"ll give that website for interplay a try and see about the cd key their.  

You know, now that I think about it, I haven't seen OP in any of the places I go to.  Ebay maybe?

Havok

Just got SFC2 ;) Got a cd problem
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2003, 12:18:44 am »
Hi everyone.
 Took me awhile to find a copy of SFC2, but I loved the game so much. Friend of mine had let me play his long time ago.

Well I am having a problem with it and I have no idea who to turn to.  
After installing the game, and getting the patch I needed, I went to boot up and play, got the enter cd key message so I entered the one on my jewel case. ONce I clicked enter it came up ERROR! We're sorry, but the cd key you entered is incorrect. Please try again.  *scratches head* Say whaa??  
 I've tried putting it in with - without - Caps on Caps off.  I"m at a lost and interplay no longer supports the game do they?
Help me please.  
                                          Thanks
                                   Jason  

Aldaron

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2003, 12:21:07 am »
Some SFC2 were shipped with the OP cd key instead of the EAW cd key. You'll have to get in touch with someone (don't know who since Interplay is basically gone) to get the correct cd key. Maybe Taldren can help.

Havok

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2003, 12:39:57 am »
Hmmm, that sucks.
 I"ve been looking for a copy of sfc2 for months and months.  
Taldren are you out there? Please help me.
Sitting here dying to play sfc2  and got to get to bed for work tomorrow.. NOT FAIR

Cleaven

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2003, 02:49:05 am »
Go here:

http://www.interplay.com/support/cscontact.asp

and select CDkey issues for type of question. People report that they issue a new key the next working day.  

Aldaron

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2003, 08:50:50 am »
That's good. Glad Interplay is still fixing the mess they created with this, have to keep that in mind.

Praxis

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2003, 12:50:15 pm »

TB613

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2003, 03:51:30 pm »
Quote:

Cleaven

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2003, 06:16:32 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

But then a new owner of OP won't have this problem. The moral of the story is to buy OP (or get a copy since you do have an OP CD-key).  

Havok

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2003, 09:35:27 pm »
Hmmm,
 Ya know, if that is a op cd-key I got, maybe I should go get op.  Is it hard to find now days?
Then I'll have eaw, op , and sfc3
 (I like sfc2 best out of all, until I try op.) SFC3 while it looks better than eaw, while it being easy to play and get into sometimes it just feels like no tactics are their. You dont have to manage your ships as much. And why only 4 races.
 Still its a good game when I don't feel like micro managing
Also I"ll give that website for interplay a try and see about the cd key their.  

You know, now that I think about it, I haven't seen OP in any of the places I go to.  Ebay maybe?