Topic: Editing shiplist problem  (Read 956 times)

Havok

Editing shiplist problem
« on: November 29, 2003, 03:32:28 pm »
Hi everyone.
 I have a question here about the shiplist in SFC2. I  was thinking about making different ships have differnet models in the game.
 Like having the Klingon C7 look differnet from say a Klingon C7v (I am hopeing to change alot of ships if it can work). I have two different skins for the CA classes and want to use both. So I went into the ship list and looked for the line with the C7 and the C7v scrolled until I found the spot on them where it looks like it tells it which model to look at and what folder so it can draw it in the game. I went  and changed the C7 one like this.
 assets/models/kca/kca.mod.  So I"m thinking if I rename  kca and kca.mod parts then go into the model folder and rename somethings in there it should change what the shiplist looks at to have as the skins on the ships
 Making it so I now have one ship that looks differnet from another, yet both are in the same class as CA's
  Weill It didn't work. I thought this qwould work but  So I"m guessing I'm not doing something right, cause it seems if you were to change a few things like that in the shiplist it should change the ships in the game?
Unless theres more than one shiplist? I was doing this on the shiplist in the MetaAssets Folder

If anyone could help me on this I would love it

Thank you for your time

Jason

Havok

Re: Editing shiplist problem
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2003, 04:49:13 pm »
Woohoo  found out what I was doing wrong
 Found another shiplist in the assets/specs  folder.  Changed the info around on tha tone and tada
I now have  two differnet working skins for two types of CA's

IKV Nemesis D7L

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 04:50:23 pm »
There is a 2nd copy in:

\Assets\Specs

I believe that you need to modify both. to be sure of it working.  

Chris Jones

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 06:06:00 am »
Jason -

Make a new folder in assets/models. Call it kca2. Copy all of the kca files into kca2. Place your new skins into the kca2 folder and overwrite.  The newly skinned ship will be in assets/models/kca2/kca.mod. Copy this same shiplist into the Metaassets folder - your ship will show up in the game.

Chris Jones  

Havok

Editing shiplist problem
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2003, 03:32:28 pm »
Hi everyone.
 I have a question here about the shiplist in SFC2. I  was thinking about making different ships have differnet models in the game.
 Like having the Klingon C7 look differnet from say a Klingon C7v (I am hopeing to change alot of ships if it can work). I have two different skins for the CA classes and want to use both. So I went into the ship list and looked for the line with the C7 and the C7v scrolled until I found the spot on them where it looks like it tells it which model to look at and what folder so it can draw it in the game. I went  and changed the C7 one like this.
 assets/models/kca/kca.mod.  So I"m thinking if I rename  kca and kca.mod parts then go into the model folder and rename somethings in there it should change what the shiplist looks at to have as the skins on the ships
 Making it so I now have one ship that looks differnet from another, yet both are in the same class as CA's
  Weill It didn't work. I thought this qwould work but  So I"m guessing I'm not doing something right, cause it seems if you were to change a few things like that in the shiplist it should change the ships in the game?
Unless theres more than one shiplist? I was doing this on the shiplist in the MetaAssets Folder

If anyone could help me on this I would love it

Thank you for your time

Jason

Havok

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2003, 04:49:13 pm »
Woohoo  found out what I was doing wrong
 Found another shiplist in the assets/specs  folder.  Changed the info around on tha tone and tada
I now have  two differnet working skins for two types of CA's

IKV Nemesis D7L

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2003, 04:50:23 pm »
There is a 2nd copy in:

\Assets\Specs

I believe that you need to modify both. to be sure of it working.  

Chris Jones

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2003, 06:06:00 am »
Jason -

Make a new folder in assets/models. Call it kca2. Copy all of the kca files into kca2. Place your new skins into the kca2 folder and overwrite.  The newly skinned ship will be in assets/models/kca2/kca.mod. Copy this same shiplist into the Metaassets folder - your ship will show up in the game.

Chris Jones