Topic: what's better with officers  (Read 5533 times)

Dwimerlaik

what's better with officers
« on: January 18, 2003, 08:29:28 pm »
what is more important in an officer? An Intelligent officer (14) with low skills to start with.
or a stupid officer (10) with high skills to start with?

I can't tell if intelligence efffects how fast an officer learns or not.  

EE

Re: what's better with officers
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2003, 08:34:04 pm »
Intelligence matters most I would say. Skills raise pretty quick early on, its the later skills that take a long time. With the patch coming out, I would say that Intelligence and skill matter right off the bat.

Tulmahk

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2003, 09:01:38 pm »
I always go for the intelligent officers early on, since they have greater future potential (they can attain greater heights, earlier).

Going for dumb, currently skillful officers is best for servers that last only a couple of days (since you have no development time).  Otherwise, get the intelligent ones, even if their skill level is currently below 125.  They'll pay dividends in droves later.  

MyOwnSling

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2003, 09:12:42 pm »
I never thought of this.  I will have to take this into account in the future.  Thanks!

Corbomite

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2003, 09:55:57 pm »
What's better with officers? Ketchup is good, but I think they taste better with Ranch dressing myself.

SirWilliam

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2003, 10:07:09 pm »
I keep my dumb officers until they get to around 300 or 400 (maybe more depending on who's available.)  Then I trade them in on officers with an intelligence of 14 that only cost 125.  That way you make a few bucks on the dumb guys before you get your "real" officers. You don't want to waste too much time with the dolts though especially since most servers don't last more than a few days.  

Soreyes

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2003, 10:27:30 pm »
Quote:

What's better with officers? Ketchup is good, but I think they taste better with Ranch dressing myself.  

Hummmmmm Ranch Dressing?  I never thought of that. I've just been dipping them in Mayo

TheSatyr

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2003, 02:14:46 am »
I always thought they went better with dijon mustard...at least Fed officers do.    

ActiveX

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2003, 05:24:47 am »
You can't beat Bloodwine...  

Dwimerlaik

what's better with officers
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2003, 08:29:28 pm »
what is more important in an officer? An Intelligent officer (14) with low skills to start with.
or a stupid officer (10) with high skills to start with?

I can't tell if intelligence efffects how fast an officer learns or not.  

EE

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2003, 08:34:04 pm »
Intelligence matters most I would say. Skills raise pretty quick early on, its the later skills that take a long time. With the patch coming out, I would say that Intelligence and skill matter right off the bat.

Tulmahk

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2003, 09:01:38 pm »
I always go for the intelligent officers early on, since they have greater future potential (they can attain greater heights, earlier).

Going for dumb, currently skillful officers is best for servers that last only a couple of days (since you have no development time).  Otherwise, get the intelligent ones, even if their skill level is currently below 125.  They'll pay dividends in droves later.  

MyOwnSling

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2003, 09:12:42 pm »
I never thought of this.  I will have to take this into account in the future.  Thanks!

Corbomite

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2003, 09:55:57 pm »

SirWilliam

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2003, 10:07:09 pm »
I keep my dumb officers until they get to around 300 or 400 (maybe more depending on who's available.)  Then I trade them in on officers with an intelligence of 14 that only cost 125.  That way you make a few bucks on the dumb guys before you get your "real" officers. You don't want to waste too much time with the dolts though especially since most servers don't last more than a few days.  

Soreyes

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2003, 10:27:30 pm »
Quote:

Hummmmmm Ranch Dressing?  I never thought of that. I've just been dipping them in Mayo

TheSatyr

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2003, 02:14:46 am »
I always thought they went better with dijon mustard...at least Fed officers do.    

ActiveX

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2003, 05:24:47 am »
You can't beat Bloodwine...