Topic: A question for Kazaa users  (Read 9844 times)

Draco

Re: A question for Kazaa users
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2003, 06:15:40 pm »
A real artist would be less concerned with money than the enjoyment taken in their work. IMHO  

Uss_Defiant

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2003, 06:22:17 pm »
True enough. But how many "real artists" would you think are out there? Not too many.

And generally the "real artists" are the ones who dont have to worry about money anyways, because people recognise true talent and will buy their product if it is good.  

Draco

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2003, 06:35:02 pm »
Quote:

True enough. But how many "real artists" would you think are out there?  

Yup, there are those who start something (the artists) and then there are those who follow thinking they can be as good as the first. Sometimes it works, most times you get a pretty face with little or no talent who's career is based on hype and/or skimpy clothing.  

SL-Punisher

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2003, 07:17:33 pm »
Great artists were interested in making a living from their work, after all that is the greatest achievement an artist can perform...get paid to do what they like.

DiVinci, Michelangelo, Picasso...all of them great artists but in turn most of their work was intended for sale on the open market. The paintings on the roof of the Sistine Chapel were part of a paid job authorized by the Vatican. Much of DiVinci's renaissance work concerning biblical scenes were also paid for by the catholic church.

A question for Kazaa users
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2003, 12:42:53 pm »
Sometimes when I download a track it appears to d/l just fine, but the song will intermittently switch back and forth from normal playback and a high pitched screeching sound, like the download got corrupted somehow. This happens both with Windows Media Player and through my CD player (if I burn it).

Curiously enough this has never happened with EMusic.com, which is a subscription download service I also use. It seems to be specific to Kazaa.

Anyone else ever come across this?

MrCue

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2003, 12:48:26 pm »
Kazaaa Sucks.

Only difference is that you need some shares before you can access the hubs.

Try
http://www.neo-modus.com/
http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/ <-- My personal Favourite.

James_Smith

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2003, 01:27:34 pm »
We use DC++ on the network here at Uni...the later builds are lousy thanks to a memory leak the size of a small country. Whenever you upload to someone, it sucks up all the memory from your system. Still, it's much better than Kazaa

Scott Allen Abfalter

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2003, 02:09:08 pm »

Be aware that some people have placed intentionally altered (messed up) songs on file-swapping networks in an attempt to discourage their use.   This may be one of those files.

Tremok

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2003, 02:14:26 pm »
 Indeed. A new trick the music industry is using trying to keep people from copying their CDs I believe.    

MuadDib

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2003, 04:04:34 pm »
ya...d/l's like 10 different versions of "Glow" by Alien Ant Farm...only to have each and every one of them...not ever get to the chorus of the song...it just loops...

tried  d/l another "new" one...dont remember what it was...but by the third d/l it was plainly clear that just about each version  available for d/l  was corrupted after 30 seconds into play...fading the song out...no  matter the size of the file i d/l'd...

ive tried using limelight...but it sucks IMO...you cannot pause your d/l...so  i went  back to kazaa...which i have been using for over a year...

oh and if you msconfig  to kill the start up files  for  kazaaa...FYI...you will get an error message stating that the program needs to be reinstalled...its BS...its only the start up file you killed in msconfig bringing up  the error...open kazaa again after error and it will load just fine...

JMM

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2003, 05:31:34 pm »
I used to use WinMX and had pretty good results. Of course with the lawsuits and stuff it is dangerous to even log on to a free music swap program nowadays... And yes, companies are intentionally placing corrupted songs on as well.  

Uss_Defiant

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2003, 06:02:38 pm »
Quote:

Be aware that some people have placed intentionally altered (messed up) songs on file-swapping networks in an attempt to discourage their use.   This may be one of those files.

Yuppers, an example of this is a good many Metallica songs. Allot of them are severly reduced in quality due to the band's opposition of p2p programs.  

Draco

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2003, 06:15:40 pm »
A real artist would be less concerned with money than the enjoyment taken in their work. IMHO  

Uss_Defiant

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2003, 06:22:17 pm »
True enough. But how many "real artists" would you think are out there? Not too many.

And generally the "real artists" are the ones who dont have to worry about money anyways, because people recognise true talent and will buy their product if it is good.  

Draco

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2003, 06:35:02 pm »
Quote:

True enough. But how many "real artists" would you think are out there?  

Yup, there are those who start something (the artists) and then there are those who follow thinking they can be as good as the first. Sometimes it works, most times you get a pretty face with little or no talent who's career is based on hype and/or skimpy clothing.  

SL-Punisher

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2003, 07:17:33 pm »
Great artists were interested in making a living from their work, after all that is the greatest achievement an artist can perform...get paid to do what they like.

DiVinci, Michelangelo, Picasso...all of them great artists but in turn most of their work was intended for sale on the open market. The paintings on the roof of the Sistine Chapel were part of a paid job authorized by the Vatican. Much of DiVinci's renaissance work concerning biblical scenes were also paid for by the catholic church.