Topic: Hardpoint blues  (Read 1671 times)

Havok

Hardpoint blues
« on: January 01, 2004, 06:31:57 am »
Hi everyone
 I have a question about hardpoints on sfc3.
 What programs do I need to be able to change my hard points on ships in the game?  Not just the location of them, but which way they face also.  Before I started modding the game big time and start making my own ships, I thought I would start by changing the ships already in the game around some.
 I know theres got to be something out there to help me, cause I see all these people out here making ships and they have nice hardpoints on them.
  Thanks   Jason  

SBOCovington

Re: Hardpoint blues
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 05:11:16 am »
I think if you look on starfleetcommand3.net under resources you'll find a program called core edit. I know it fools with the hardpoints of a ship, but not sure if it does what you're talking about. To edit the hardpoints direct look in your defaultcore (opened preferably with excel because it's tab delmited) and you should see stings of numbers that look somewhat like this - 1:370_30

Those are the harpoints and what direction they face. Each string is made up like so, Hardpoint:Arc.  

Havok

Re: Hardpoint blues
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 11:12:00 pm »
THank you thank you thank you so much SBOCovington!!

I thought at first this was going to be hard having to change those numbers around, but I found a HP diagram to show me which direction they face. Went into the file you said to change them and tada I now am able to give my ships what I feel are the right HP.  (nah didn't make them all fire forward LOL)  ]
 Thanks again