Topic: How hard is it to change colours?  (Read 751 times)

Hexx

How hard is it to change colours?
« on: January 12, 2004, 11:05:19 pm »
Hey all- forgive me if this has been asked (I did try a search) but what do I have to do to change colours of a ship?

My favourite D7 version is the stock green Taldren one. I found a great pak today that include a red "Korgath" version of a Ktinga as well as a White (or very light grey). They are great models but they're based on the Ktinga (with the slightly higher Bridge, and a few other minor changes)

So what would I need,and how hard would it be for me to change the colour of the stock green D7 to a white or red version like in the mod?

Thanks for any pointers (or links I'm too dumb to find) that you can provide.  

Captain Ron

Re: How hard is it to change colours?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 11:56:37 pm »
if you are not changing anything else and the textures are for the same ship not hard at all if you have PhotoShop, PaintShop Pro, or something simular.

Just select the area you want to change or whole texture, whatever, go --->Layer ---->new adjustment layer ---->hue/color/Contrast and you will then gat a color wheel that you can adjustthese things with. Color, saturation and Brightness will be all on one tab and the other tabs will allow you to do other things.

write those numbers down once you get the colors that you like or copy that layer.
Save the file as a BMP.

Apply those numbers over again by repeating the process over and over again, or (if you copied the layer) ctrl+L and copy it over the other textures.