Topic: Mars BB Preview/WIP....  (Read 4607 times)

Lord Schtupp

Mars BB Preview/WIP....
« on: January 15, 2004, 03:45:21 pm »

Rat_Boy

Re: Mars BB Preview/WIP....
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 04:00:35 pm »
Will it be getting the same texturing as your new Connie?

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 04:26:46 pm »
Yes but better....  

Fury_of_a_Seraph

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 04:31:24 pm »
Any chance of a Yamato too?

Azel

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 04:45:46 pm »
That has to be one of the most beautiful sights that I have ever seen...
She is epic making !!!
Awesome

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 04:59:37 pm »
By the way the secondary hull is based on Azel/Atolm's TOS Liberty Class design.

Khalee

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 05:05:07 pm »
Very nice

Chrystoff

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 05:19:24 pm »
Now that is a georgeous BB!! Sweeeet!!!  

jayvt3

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2004, 05:30:16 pm »
Ooooohhh!!!!  I gotta go to the bathroom...
But seriously folks, I gotta go to the bathroom.

Must say I have never been one in favor of the 4 nacelle scheme but after seeing this I'm seriously reconsidering my position.
By the way how do you:  1.  Find the time to do this kind of work.  2.  What do you use to do this kind of work?
I have been trying since SFC1 came out to find the right tools and enhance my skills but I have had no luck.

-----------------------------------------------------------
...I saw fear in the Klingon's eye.
Ma'ab
Usurper Tier of Capella  

NannerSlug

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2004, 05:58:41 pm »
sweetness!

Azel

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2004, 06:06:41 pm »

Quote:

By the way the secondary hull is based on Azel/Atolm's TOS Liberty Class design

Awesome.... I new that looked fimilar

BTW any chance you tackling that Liberty in the not too far future, mate???

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2004, 06:10:49 pm »
Yep I have her meshed out already-no textures, didnt I send you a pic a while back?  

Rogue

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2004, 06:24:51 pm »
To quote the late Frank Zappa... "Great moogly boogly" that looks cool. That one is large enough for many a Schtupp thingies and doo-hickies. Should be fun.  

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2004, 06:27:18 pm »
Just got a fresh shipment of Schtupp thingies in as a matter of fact....

lol

Frank Zappa - Serious loss (sigh)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Lord Schtupp »

Azel

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2004, 06:54:33 pm »

Quote:

Yep I have her meshed out already-no textures, didnt I send you a pic a while back?

Sorry mate ...but that's a negative  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2004, 07:06:22 pm »
That's really, really nice. Nice to see that you looked at more than the R5 cover as reference. That render isn't even close (the R5 cover). The widenned engineering section and the saucer warp pylons should be how you have them. Again, really, really, nice, IMHO .    

Clark Kent

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2004, 07:10:02 pm »
Great Googelymoogely!!
That's a nice ship.

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2004, 07:31:38 pm »
Fantastic another nice ship to add to the collection Thanks for sharing this with us Lord Schtupp   Looking forward to the final
product If its not too much trouble could we see a size comparison with your connie please?

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2004, 08:33:24 pm »
USS Liberty primarily designed by Azel but with a few "liberties" taken - har har

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2004, 08:43:10 pm »
Quote:

That's really, really nice. Nice to see that you looked at more than the R5 cover as reference. That render isn't even close (the R5 cover). The widenned engineering section and the saucer warp pylons should be how you have them. Again, really, really, nice, IMHO .      

Hey thanks but I really didnt use anything for references its a coincidence... post a link or pic if possible. The Stress Pup and I were bouncing BB ideas around way back in my Star League WIP thread and this is what eventually evolved from that.

Azel

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2004, 09:10:56 pm »
HOLY CRAP!!!!
That is coming out amazing!!!
Thanks man!!!

Rod O'neal

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2004, 09:53:33 pm »
Quote:

Hey thanks but I really didnt use anything for references its a coincidence... post a link or pic if possible. The Stress Pup and I were bouncing BB ideas around way back in my Star League WIP thread and this is what eventually evolved from that.  

Well, you must have some sort of psychic (psychotic?) link with the "SFB Gods" then.

ADB hasn't released an official mini of the F-BB yet. As far as I know.  This is a fan created one (by: Mike Raper. He's one of the "minis gurus" that frequents the ADB forums.) I'm sure that you will see what I mean though about the Saucer warp and the widened engineering section. He used a modified SCS/CVA engineering hull. So, it's missing some details that are on your design. There's a description in the R section that states it uses the Saucer and the engineering section from the DNG, which was lengthened to accommodate the additional systems. In the DNG's R section it states that the DN's saucer was enlarged and the engineering section was widened with the Warp lowered like the BCH to allow the wider LS/RS saucer phaser arcs. There's a sketch of the dorsal view of it also in the R section that shows the saucer warp pylons appearing like the NCL/NCA. Not on long separate pylons like the engineering section.

Desty Nova also made  HIS F-BB  true to SFB except for the torpedo tubes, which he added to the top of the saucer to add some visual detail on game. The screenie of it doesn't show off the widened engineering hull too well, but it's there.      

Darkness1

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2004, 11:24:37 pm »
hey buddy i was wondering if you ever did that tos galaxy ISS BISMARCK you talked about a while ago?

Fury_of_a_Seraph

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2004, 11:35:26 pm »
Can we please please please have a TOS yamato while your at it?
i have the one by TSP, but its a little outdated (no offense to him).

besides, i like to have uniformic ships (ie: all my TNG and TMP ships are p81 or p81-Kitbashes, for the most part)

Kaenyne

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2004, 08:38:23 am »
Azel said it, "HOLY CRAP!"

and since you're on a roll here, ever consider an updated Star Empire?  

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2004, 11:13:00 am »
Quote:

Azel said it, "HOLY CRAP!"

and since you're on a roll here, ever consider an updated Star Empire?  

Yep, after the CVS, Mars, and antares in that order..

Quote:

Can we please please please have a TOS yamato while your at it?
i have the one by TSP, but its a little outdated (no offense to him).

besides, i like to have uniformic ships (ie: all my TNG and TMP ships are p81 or p81-Kitbashes, for the most part)  

Well, I hadnt thought about that one, maybe I should let somebody bash it. That shouldnt be too difficult

Quote:

hey buddy i was wondering if you ever did that tos galaxy ISS BISMARCK you talked about a while ago?

Hey Darkness, Im gonna do a total rebuild of the TOS Galaxy model first though.  

Kaenyne

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2004, 11:21:52 am »
You're cool, Schtupp.

DonKarnage

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2004, 04:22:54 pm »

Khalee

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2004, 04:53:46 pm »
Oh when is that poor little patrol Frigate ever gonna get finnished? It looks to me like all it needs is texureing.  

Mariner

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2004, 06:33:28 pm »
HOLY ^$%&^%*U^&#%^@#$%&(^!!!

I can't even find enough obscenities to describe the über-eliteness and skill you have put into this and other ships. It looks like it came straight out of Joseph's Manual.

Anyway, one minor nit. Instead of clustering the 4 phaser banks together, why not spread them around a bit, to suggest the future phaser arrangement of the Excelsior? That wouldn't look to bad, and might give it better fire arcs.

MINOR NOTE:
I imagine the Mars' comissioning around 2267, since the Federation and other NCC-21xx vessels were about. The Transwarp project probably took 20 years, so they might've reserved the NX-2000 registry for the Excelsior back when construction first started.  

ganymad

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2004, 06:47:54 pm »
now thats a battleship! looks like the conny has a (very) big brother.:)

atheorhaven

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2004, 01:48:44 am »
Hmmmm.. bash together a TOS Yamato...

Let me go download TSP's so that I can get an idea of how things are arranged, and I'll see what I can do..

Mariner

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2004, 04:50:03 pm »
*BUMP*

-------------------------------------

STAR FLEET COMMAND CALLING SCHUTPP YARDS, REQUESTING STATUS ON PROJECT MARS

-------------------------------------

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2004, 05:06:24 pm »
TMP versions please......

Nicely done though!

Qapla!

KF

Chris Jones

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2004, 08:27:36 pm »
Quote:

HOLY CRAP!!!!
That is coming out amazing!!!

A very big understatement for sure..  

Kaenyne

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2004, 11:51:50 am »
Hey, what's this thread doing on page 2, huh?

Just look at those WIPs!  These ships are TOS at their best!

Any news?

Khalee

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2004, 06:27:51 am »
WAY back on page 15 Has this ship been done yet.

Primus2003

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2004, 07:16:05 am »
Quote:

Great work on the BB milord, cant wait for the finished model. I have to agree TOS at its best.

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2004, 08:44:59 am »
Damn I forgot about this one in all the excitement Thanks for bumping it Primus.  

DeltaAssault

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2004, 03:45:53 pm »
Eesh....

Well, the model looks great, but I wouldn't quite say it's TOS. The secondary hull and neck are way too curvy, taking a page from TNG. And the top of the saucer is reminiscent of the Enterprise-E. The nacelles and deflector are really the only parts that are TOS, imho.  

Core

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2004, 03:54:47 pm »
whell i'm ot much for TOS but this bayby looks grate i pursualy like the curves ad the brige section is IMO irelivat cus some ships need the defrent parts then others by the nesesaty of the desgine or new tech on the rise and the fact that this is a batalship

DeltaAssault

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2004, 05:11:09 pm »
Quote:

whell i'm ot much for TOS but this bayby looks grate i pursualy like the curves ad the brige section is IMO irelivat cus some ships need the defrent parts then others by the nesesaty of the desgine or new tech on the rise and the fact that this is a batalship  

*blink*

What?

Rod O'neal

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2004, 09:41:26 pm »
Quote:

Eesh....

Well, the model looks great, but I wouldn't quite say it's TOS. The secondary hull and neck are way too curvy, taking a page from TNG. And the top of the saucer is reminiscent of the Enterprise-E. The nacelles and deflector are really the only parts that are TOS, imho.  

You might have a point about the neck. The secondary hull is supposed to be as it is in this model. It's a widened and langthened DNG hull. The saucer is supposed to be straight from the DNG which added more systems to the standard DN saucer. That could explain the raised rear section. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, there's never been an accurate SFB FBB done by ADB. The one on the cover of R5 is all wrong from the few schematics and the description in the R section.  

Qob'nuH

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2004, 09:51:42 pm »
Glad to see you mentioned the Antares...saves me bugging you about it. Ship looks great ,but  what's going on with the registry on the bottom saucer?  

DeltaAssault

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2004, 11:14:02 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Eesh....

You might have a point about the neck. The secondary hull is supposed to be as it is in this model. It's a widened and langthened DNG hull. The saucer is supposed to be straight from the DNG which added more systems to the standard DN saucer. That could explain the raised rear section. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, there's never been an accurate SFB FBB done by ADB. The one on the cover of R5 is all wrong from the few schematics and the description in the R section.  

Well, the Mars that Desty Nova did is pretty good, and it looks like it'd fit in with other SFB ships.

I wasn't aware that there were schematics for the Federation battleship.

Rod O'neal

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2004, 12:22:08 am »
I agree, Desty's is very good and he used the SFB descriptions when he did it. To date, it's my favorite. I understand what you are saying about the extra styling touches that are on this one.

Since it's derived from the DNG it should have a forward shuttlebay like this one does. The DNG's lower warps extend horizontally from the engineering hull. Something that both of them decided to do differently on their BBs. Still, it's very nice to have some better represented Mars BBs than we've had in the past.

Now if someone would just do an SFB style CVS and HDW I'll be in hog heaven.    

ModelsPlease

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2004, 10:42:25 pm »
  Bumping for news  

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2004, 05:27:32 am »
Time to bump this back into the fold.

I know your busy but could you let this peasant  know how this beautiful ship is
coming along?  

Cmdr_Kell

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2004, 08:57:17 pm »
Bump  

Cmdr_Kell

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2004, 03:10:43 pm »
This is a beautiful  model.  I hope that it will be released eventually.  

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2004, 03:19:05 pm »
A TMP version would great too  

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2004, 03:25:46 pm »
Dont worry It will be released - she'll be worth the wait.  

Wolfsglen

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2004, 03:40:28 pm »
That is beautiful, im normally a bit wary of 4 engined ships, but that looks amazing and has changed my mind about them!

Looking forward to trying that out  

Mariner

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2004, 03:50:31 pm »
So, while yer getting her ready, whaddya think of my Excelsior phaser bank idea? Would it work, or are you sticking to the (I assume) SFB plans?

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2004, 04:00:02 pm »
Quote:

So, while yer getting her ready, whaddya think of my Excelsior phaser bank idea? Would it work, or are you sticking to the (I assume) SFB plans?  

I agree, but the problem is there are a limited number of phaser hardpoints (7 i think) on the FBB ship systems display ingame, and the only way to get more is to use the one for the starbase. I realize that I could have some dummy phaser mounts but I dont really like that idea.  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2004, 11:44:15 pm »
Will you be releasing the Liberty along with the FBB sir.Both are fantastic  !  

Mariner

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2004, 03:30:01 pm »
Well, untill he posts the Mars, BUMP!

BTW, I did manage to come up with this neat little list for the FBB, using the theme of Federation worlds. I hope you can find the suprises I've dropped in.

|F-BB|2151 Mars
||2152 Jupiter
||2153 Nebu
||2154 Kali
||2155 Vulcan
||2156 Andor
||2157 Tellar
||2158 Xindir
||2159 Alpha Centauri
||2160 Anaxar
||2161 Luna
||2162 Arcturia
||2163 Megar II
||2164 Betelgeuse
||2165 Quindar VI
||2166 Xanthii Prime
||2167 Binar IV
||2168 Betazed
||2169 Bolia
||2170 Coridian

I hope you can get this done soon, cause the Mars ROCKS!!!

red_green

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2004, 12:47:05 am »
This ships does rock. So it will take my Romulan fleet 5 minutes to blow it up instead of the usually 2 minutes.

Cmdr_Kell

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2004, 05:10:41 pm »
bump  

Captain Ron

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2004, 05:27:43 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

I agree, but the problem is there are a limited number of phaser hardpoints (7 i think) on the FBB ship systems display ingame, and the only way to get more is to use the one for the starbase. I realize that I could have some dummy phaser mounts but I dont really like that idea.  

Already tried some solution to that problem out, and only going to a SB will actually work correctly. The FBB UI has 6 Phaser and 9 Heavy HarPoints.

Mariner

« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2004, 05:54:44 pm »
A revised and updated F-BB list for the Mars.

|F-BB|2151 Mars
||2152 Andor
||2153 Sauria
||2154 Delta IV
||2155 Vulcan
||2156 Aldebaran III
||2157 Tellar
||2158 Terra
||2159 Alpha Centauri
||2160 Anaxar
||2161 Kashet
||2162 Arcturus IV
||2163 Efros
||2164 Betelgeuse II
||2165 Altair IV
||2166 K'normi
||2167 Kazar
||2168 Betazed
||2169 Bolarus IX
||2170 Coridan
||2171 Tavlihna IV
||2172 Megara
||2173 Rhaandaran
||2174 Althos IV
||2175 Zaran II
||2176 Tiburon
||2177 Tyrellia
||2178 Xelata
||2179 Zalda

I hope you might be able to make some "alternate" textures with these if possible. But first, any updates?