Topic: Mars BB Preview/WIP....  (Read 4606 times)

Core

Re: Mars BB Preview/WIP....
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2004, 03:54:47 pm »
whell i'm ot much for TOS but this bayby looks grate i pursualy like the curves ad the brige section is IMO irelivat cus some ships need the defrent parts then others by the nesesaty of the desgine or new tech on the rise and the fact that this is a batalship

DeltaAssault

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2004, 05:11:09 pm »
Quote:

whell i'm ot much for TOS but this bayby looks grate i pursualy like the curves ad the brige section is IMO irelivat cus some ships need the defrent parts then others by the nesesaty of the desgine or new tech on the rise and the fact that this is a batalship  

*blink*

What?

Rod O'neal

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2004, 09:41:26 pm »
Quote:

Eesh....

Well, the model looks great, but I wouldn't quite say it's TOS. The secondary hull and neck are way too curvy, taking a page from TNG. And the top of the saucer is reminiscent of the Enterprise-E. The nacelles and deflector are really the only parts that are TOS, imho.  

You might have a point about the neck. The secondary hull is supposed to be as it is in this model. It's a widened and langthened DNG hull. The saucer is supposed to be straight from the DNG which added more systems to the standard DN saucer. That could explain the raised rear section. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, there's never been an accurate SFB FBB done by ADB. The one on the cover of R5 is all wrong from the few schematics and the description in the R section.  

Qob'nuH

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2004, 09:51:42 pm »
Glad to see you mentioned the Antares...saves me bugging you about it. Ship looks great ,but  what's going on with the registry on the bottom saucer?  

DeltaAssault

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2004, 11:14:02 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Eesh....

Well, the model looks great, but I wouldn't quite say it's TOS. The secondary hull and neck are way too curvy, taking a page from TNG. And the top of the saucer is reminiscent of the Enterprise-E. The nacelles and deflector are really the only parts that are TOS, imho.  

You might have a point about the neck. The secondary hull is supposed to be as it is in this model. It's a widened and langthened DNG hull. The saucer is supposed to be straight from the DNG which added more systems to the standard DN saucer. That could explain the raised rear section. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, there's never been an accurate SFB FBB done by ADB. The one on the cover of R5 is all wrong from the few schematics and the description in the R section.  

Well, the Mars that Desty Nova did is pretty good, and it looks like it'd fit in with other SFB ships.

I wasn't aware that there were schematics for the Federation battleship.

Rod O'neal

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2004, 12:22:08 am »
I agree, Desty's is very good and he used the SFB descriptions when he did it. To date, it's my favorite. I understand what you are saying about the extra styling touches that are on this one.

Since it's derived from the DNG it should have a forward shuttlebay like this one does. The DNG's lower warps extend horizontally from the engineering hull. Something that both of them decided to do differently on their BBs. Still, it's very nice to have some better represented Mars BBs than we've had in the past.

Now if someone would just do an SFB style CVS and HDW I'll be in hog heaven.    

ModelsPlease

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2004, 10:42:25 pm »
  Bumping for news  

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2004, 05:27:32 am »
Time to bump this back into the fold.

I know your busy but could you let this peasant  know how this beautiful ship is
coming along?  

Cmdr_Kell

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2004, 08:57:17 pm »
Bump  

Cmdr_Kell

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2004, 03:10:43 pm »
This is a beautiful  model.  I hope that it will be released eventually.  

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2004, 03:19:05 pm »
A TMP version would great too  

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2004, 03:25:46 pm »
Dont worry It will be released - she'll be worth the wait.  

Wolfsglen

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2004, 03:40:28 pm »
That is beautiful, im normally a bit wary of 4 engined ships, but that looks amazing and has changed my mind about them!

Looking forward to trying that out  

Mariner

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2004, 03:50:31 pm »
So, while yer getting her ready, whaddya think of my Excelsior phaser bank idea? Would it work, or are you sticking to the (I assume) SFB plans?

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2004, 04:00:02 pm »
Quote:

So, while yer getting her ready, whaddya think of my Excelsior phaser bank idea? Would it work, or are you sticking to the (I assume) SFB plans?  

I agree, but the problem is there are a limited number of phaser hardpoints (7 i think) on the FBB ship systems display ingame, and the only way to get more is to use the one for the starbase. I realize that I could have some dummy phaser mounts but I dont really like that idea.  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2004, 11:44:15 pm »
Will you be releasing the Liberty along with the FBB sir.Both are fantastic  !  

Mariner

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2004, 03:30:01 pm »
Well, untill he posts the Mars, BUMP!

BTW, I did manage to come up with this neat little list for the FBB, using the theme of Federation worlds. I hope you can find the suprises I've dropped in.

|F-BB|2151 Mars
||2152 Jupiter
||2153 Nebu
||2154 Kali
||2155 Vulcan
||2156 Andor
||2157 Tellar
||2158 Xindir
||2159 Alpha Centauri
||2160 Anaxar
||2161 Luna
||2162 Arcturia
||2163 Megar II
||2164 Betelgeuse
||2165 Quindar VI
||2166 Xanthii Prime
||2167 Binar IV
||2168 Betazed
||2169 Bolia
||2170 Coridian

I hope you can get this done soon, cause the Mars ROCKS!!!

red_green

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2004, 12:47:05 am »
This ships does rock. So it will take my Romulan fleet 5 minutes to blow it up instead of the usually 2 minutes.

Cmdr_Kell

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2004, 05:10:41 pm »
bump  

Captain Ron

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2004, 05:27:43 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

I agree, but the problem is there are a limited number of phaser hardpoints (7 i think) on the FBB ship systems display ingame, and the only way to get more is to use the one for the starbase. I realize that I could have some dummy phaser mounts but I dont really like that idea.  

Already tried some solution to that problem out, and only going to a SB will actually work correctly. The FBB UI has 6 Phaser and 9 Heavy HarPoints.