Topic: OP+ 3.2 Corrections Thread  (Read 16774 times)

FireSoul

Re: OP+ 3.2 Corrections Thread
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2004, 03:22:46 pm »
that's the thing: it shouldn't be set up to come up for bidding.
.. SPECIAL is still best, imho.. especially since there's no such thing as a Asteroid Base in SFB.

FireSoul

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2004, 05:10:19 pm »
Quote:

1)  The Z-FLG should use a frigate model.  It's currently pointing to a destroyer model.  My master ship chart shows the Kzinti FLG uses a frigate hull.  I hope my list is up to date.

Done.

Quote:

Here are some personal comments clearly in the "opinion" category of things I'd like to see improved in the future.  This is very nit picky I know:

1)  Why not use Thu11's new skyhawk model to make a Sabrehawk by modding it to add an engine to the bottom?

2)  I hope Thu11 is making a Seahawk model.  Be nice to replace the taldren seahawk model with something in line with Thu11's series of rom models.

3)  Wish we had better Rom Vulture and Demonhawk models.

4)  Too bad Taldren didn't make Advanced FF models.  By the way, I'm glad you fixed the "X-refitted" hull stuff.  Great work.

5)  Man that Gorn "Advanced Destroyer" GDX model is so "out of character" with the Thu11 stuff.

1- saberhawk? Ah the SBH.. no.. I'll wait, for now. You can always make it.... The SBH has its own model slot.
2- Would be nice, yeah.
3- The Vulture is adequate, but of poor quality. The Demonhawk should like like some giant sparrowhawk/skyhawk half-breed..
4- what "X-refitted" stuff?
5- *shrug*

.. in all of the games where models are concerned, it's beyond my artistic ability to match what's already out there..
.. so.. I suggest you ask in the models forum.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by FireSoul »

FireSoul

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2004, 05:11:24 pm »
Quote:

Using OP in combination of Firesoul's model checking script.... I found 2 errors...

L-DD

calssified as a DESTOYER when it needs to be DESTROYER

this was tested by editng in shipedit OP and used the dropdown menu. it listed DESTROYER and DESTOYER because it pulls the values from the shiplist... I selected DESTROYER and ren the script again.. it worked just fine and displayed the model.

F-AB

Taldren forgot to add Hull, UI and Ship Class

The ship class I assigned BASE STATION in shipedit OP's menu

The hull I made AB in Shipedit OP's dropdown menu

I set the UI to XAB in Shipedit OP's dropdown menu

doing this, the script found no errors on the models and no skipped entries...

Hope this helps and can't wait for the next version of OP +

Fixes completed.

FireSoul

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2004, 05:13:04 pm »
All of the recent fixes above have not been released yet. This will have to wait till the next release.. however, at my end's devel version, it's done.

-- Luc

Chris Jones

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2004, 10:09:37 pm »
Hi Firesoul.

Fired up 3.2, 1st Skirmish I tried showed a missing model.

check the plr folder in OPPLUS/Models.   My download has no files in it.

I verified the path with shipedit.

Upon further investigation the following folders have no files as well.

par
pcr
pdw
ppr
pslv
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Chris Jones »

FireSoul

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2004, 11:56:53 pm »
Hm. Tried reinstalling?

Chris Jones

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2004, 06:17:37 am »
Well that's odd.

I installed the files to another directory to look them over first.. In the cut and paste I did to put them in the right place those folders lost files..

Re-install made it all better.

FireSoul

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2004, 09:43:32 am »
Quote:

Well that's odd.

I installed the files to another directory to look them over first.. In the cut and paste I did to put them in the right place those folders lost files..

Re-install made it all better.

Ah-ha. Ok. I understand what happened.
.. See, these models are probably the ones COPIED from SFC:OP stock over to the OPPLUS directory. Until I have better models for these ships, these are placeholders for model separation.
.. other ships affected would have been a few police ships. Why?

ie: IPOL model. model copied from :IFF.
Difference? My model.siz lists the IPOL to be smaller than the IFF, allowing a difference.

In future installations, I'll add something.. maybe a small textfile that says "copied from assets/models/$MODEL" in the directories of stuff copied over. We'll see.

FireSoul

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2004, 09:46:21 am »
I need SFB-knowledgeable advice

I have made an error: I have commissioned ships, lyran and fed tugs, with 3 cargo pods. Someone has lately told me that there are supposed to be only 2 pods max on these ships, and that the 3rd pod weight notice on the SSD is just in case one of the 2 other pods is a double-weight pod.
.. similarly, the gorn tugs would have only 1 pod.

.. can someone confirm this for me? If this is true, than I have some ships to *delete*.

jimmi7769

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2004, 04:14:33 pm »
Quote:

I have made an error: I have commissioned ships, lyran and fed tugs, with 3 cargo pods. Someone has lately told me that there are supposed to be only 2 pods max on these ships, and that the 3rd pod weight notice on the SSD is just in case one of the 2 other pods is a double-weight pod.

.. can someone confirm this for me? If this is true, than I have some ships to *delete*.  

The Fed tug could carry 3 all in a row as long as they were single weight pods(eg cargo, starliner, etc)  I think it was the only one that could haul 3.  The Klingon, Kzinti, and Romulan could carry 2 and no more.  The Gorn could carry 2 as well as the Lyran and Hydran but if they did the pods capability was serverly limited.  Like a Lyran Tug with a Battlepod and a cargo pod couldn't use the pods disruptors.  The ISC tug was like the Klingon and could only carry 2 and I think it had to always carry 2 for balance purposes.

Hope this helps.

FireSoul

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2004, 04:28:57 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

The Fed tug could carry 3 all in a row as long as they were single weight pods(eg cargo, starliner, etc)  I think it was the only one that could haul 3.  The Klingon, Kzinti, and Romulan could carry 2 and no more.  The Gorn could carry 2 as well as the Lyran and Hydran but if they did the pods capability was serverly limited.  Like a Lyran Tug with a Battlepod and a cargo pod couldn't use the pods disruptors.  The ISC tug was like the Klingon and could only carry 2 and I think it had to always carry 2 for balance purposes.

Hope this helps.  

It does. It means I did things right on the first try.
Where'd you come across this information, pray tell?

jimmi7769

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2004, 04:42:41 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope this helps.  

It does. It means I did things right on the first try.
Where'd you come across this information, pray tell?  

R Sections, tug/pod special rules and so forth.  Let me dig my books out to be sure.

look at annex 3a

I was wrong Fed can only carry 2 which would mean none can carry more than 2 but the double weight pods make it move like it has 3.    Hydran has a cargo pod built in and can only carry one other pod.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 04:58:04 pm by jimmi7769 »

FireSoul

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2004, 12:37:18 am »
Quote:

R Sections, tug/pod special rules and so forth.  Let me dig my books out to be sure.

look at annex 3a

I was wrong Fed can only carry 2 which would mean none can carry more than 2 but the double weight pods make it move like it has 3.    Hydran has a cargo pod built in and can only carry one other pod.

"No tugs can carry 3 pods'. Gotcha. .. heh.. for the first time, I think the next revision of OP+ might have less ships in the list.
.. But that's okay, I think. No one never really see these, no matter if they're errors or not.

-- Luc

FireSoul

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2004, 12:38:36 am »
Has anyone already done MRSs for their ftrlist.txt file? Want to share this data with me?
.. who knows.. with SQL for OP now deployed, this might come in handy. *shrug*

FireSoul

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2004, 03:19:39 pm »
The L-BSXP has wrong YFA and YLA.  

FireSoul

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2004, 07:56:28 pm »
Teaser:

Made a LHDW model .. and it'll be included in the next OP+. It seemed very odd to use a LDW model and size for something that's now classed as a Light Cruiser. Too small, and the # of engines is wrong. (4 engines)

More info:
 Post in models forum..  

TOCXOBearslayer

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2004, 08:58:59 pm »
Quote:

Has anyone already done MRSs for their ftrlist.txt file? Want to share this data with me?

I have tried to add them thru the fighter list but that didn't work... the game crashes when you launch one....

But using your shiplist shuttle... it works great.... can be used as a shuttle, SS, SP, and WW.

Just need to drop the speed a bit.... 20?  really?  come on!  

FireSoul

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2004, 09:09:50 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

I have tried to add them thru the fighter list but that didn't work... the game crashes when you launch one....

But using your shiplist shuttle... it works great.... can be used as a shuttle, SS, SP, and WW.

Just need to drop the speed a bit.... 20?  really?  come on!    

Problem is that via the shiplist, the heavy weapons are all the ships weapons.. .. we don't want droneracks on shuttles, you know?
.. I got rid of the shuttle entries. That incident will be remembered if ever another good idea comes up later.

TOCXOBearslayer

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2004, 09:26:36 pm »
Actually, IIRC, the MRS does or can carry 2 drones.  I would need to actually find the only SFB book I have... but if memory serves.... it was 1 Ph3, 2 drones, 1 ADD

FireSoul

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2004, 09:48:06 pm »
Quote:

Actually, IIRC, the MRS does or can carry 2 drones.  I would need to actually find the only SFB book I have... but if memory serves.... it was 1 Ph3, 2 drones, 1 ADD  

it depends on the race..
.. and for it to have *2* 1-shot drones, I can't use the shiplist for them. I have to use the fighterlist.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by FireSoul »