Topic: BIG RUMOR! Berman may be on his way out...  (Read 11683 times)

Rat_Boy

BIG RUMOR! Berman may be on his way out...
« on: January 29, 2004, 05:07:13 pm »
From Trek Today

Look, if they want a change in creative management, they also need to get rid of Braga.  Both of them have been at the helm since VOY's downward spiral up until now.

EmeraldEdge

Re: BIG RUMOR! Berman may be on his way out...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 05:10:11 pm »
Totally agree.  They both need to go, but at least getting rid of one of them is a start.  Let's all pray that this is true.  

IndyShark

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 06:43:05 pm »
Quote:

Totally agree.  They both need to go, but at least getting rid of one of them is a start.  Let's all pray that this is true.  

This is too good to be true! Perhaps Trek can be saved after all!

God, next to this the only thing that would surprise me more would be if Taldren Announced SFC IV !!!!  

Towelie

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 09:37:06 pm »
 DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!

I have stated it numerous times and even wanted to start a petition to exile them to New Jersey! If we can get rid of these sick SOBs, ST might get a boost!

WTF were these crack heads thinking!?! They twisted ST from a good sci-fi show into A SCI-FI SOAP OPERA! Right after the Rodfather Gene expired, the show and movies started going downhill. And those bastards killed Kirk and Data improperly! I thought Kirk was supposed to die alone!

Warden

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 09:37:14 pm »
Its about time!!!

I hope it is true    

vsfedwards

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2004, 03:23:46 am »
Quote:

I have stated it numerous times and even wanted to start a petition to exile them to New Jersey! If we can get rid of these sick SOBs, ST might get a boost!

WTF were these crack heads thinking!?! They twisted ST from a good sci-fi show into A SCI-FI SOAP OPERA! Right after the Rodfather Gene expired, the show and movies started going downhill. And those bastards killed Kirk and Data improperly! I thought Kirk was supposed to die alone!  

I dont think data is dead. They would have had some cheesy reunion in the next film....probably find all his parts on a planet in exactly the same way they found that other datat, and claim its a new scene  

NJAntman

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2004, 06:01:30 am »
Quote:

I have stated it numerous times and even wanted to start a petition to exile them to New Jersey!  

You got a permit for that trash? NO? Well then, send them to Ohio.  

jualdeaux

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2004, 06:29:10 am »
Quote:

Quote:

I have stated it numerous times and even wanted to start a petition to exile them to New Jersey!  

You got a permit for that trash? NO? Well then, send them to Ohio.  

Hey now. I don't want them either.

vsfedwards

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 07:46:29 am »
*shrug* chuck em in france...isnt that obvious?

SL-Punisher

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2004, 09:12:16 am »
::Takes our Berman voodoo doll and stabs another needle in its head::

Sirgod

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2004, 09:43:52 am »
Quote:

*shrug* chuck em in france...isnt that obvious?  

Stephen

Dash Jones

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2004, 10:10:30 am »
Yes, it may be a good thing...or it could be a bad thing...if they kick out Berman...who's their choice for his replacement...some replacements could be worse...some could be better...

BUT...it's not necessarily going make Trek productions better by just getting rid of Berman, or Braga, or who ever they are getting rid of.

Sethan

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2004, 10:16:43 am »
Quote:

Yes, it may be a good thing...or it could be a bad thing...if they kick out Berman...who's their choice for his replacement...some replacements could be worse...some could be better...

BUT...it's not necessarily going make Trek productions better by just getting rid of Berman, or Braga, or who ever they are getting rid of.  

I hear they've asked John Travolta.

Sirgod

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2004, 10:38:03 am »
Quote:

Quote:

I hear they've asked John Travolta.  

B & B join Scientology Group under Orders From Travolta.

Stephen  

TalonClaw

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2004, 11:00:26 am »
Quote:

Quote:

I dont think data is dead. They would have had some cheesy reunion in the next film....probably find all his parts on a planet in exactly the same way they found that other datat, and claim its a new scene    

I didn't like them killing off Data either.  I'd rather remember him as out there somewhere.  They will no doubt bring him back someday.  His code is in B9.

And Kirk was alone when he died.  No Spock or McCoy.  The triangle was broken.

Scott Allen Abfalter

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2004, 11:42:17 am »

Damn, Rat Boy, beat me to it.  

Hey, the writing on Enterprise is the #1 problem.  The acting is OK, the effects are OK, the design is OK, music/sound is OK.  The only thing that STINKS about the show is the writing.

Maxillius

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2004, 12:19:54 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I didn't like them killing off Data either.  I'd rather remember him as out there somewhere.  They will no doubt bring him back someday.  His code is in B9.

And Kirk was alone when he died.  No Spock or McCoy.  The triangle was broken.  

And you'll remember that the FIRST time he really was alone.  Deck 15 deflector control of the Enterprise-B when the energy ribbon hit it and ripped off the piece he was in.  I don't think the nexus death after he helped Picard save his ship counts since as far as he (and history) was concerned he was already dead.

Death_Merchant

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2004, 12:30:19 pm »
Yes, the biggest fan complaint about B&B is that they reportedly are very restrictive about using outside writers.

Then again, remember the old adage: "Be careful what you wish for, you may get it."

In my experience, when something is wrong and the top guy gets sacked, it's not because someone has a better plan. It's because things are really bad, and no one knows what else to do.

I hope they have a new champion with a clue.....  

Maxillius

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2004, 12:39:51 pm »
They should get a hold of Leonard Nimoy.  He's a kick-@$$ director, I wonder if he'd try producing.  At least he knows how to do Star Trek.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2004, 02:03:39 pm »
Nimoy wouldn't do it.  He's out of Trek for good.  He's just photographing naked women now.