Topic: SFC2: EAW Multi-Era Mod  (Read 3730 times)

Chris Jones

SFC2: EAW Multi-Era Mod
« on: January 19, 2003, 08:15:01 am »
This has been on my mind lately..

posted 10-29-2002 05:10 PM                
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have some plans for this monster that may appeal to you.
It works fine now, but the following areas will be addressed:

a lot of ??? in each era.

As you may know the mod consists of six shiplists.

ORIG
SFB
TOS
TMP
TNG
DMW (Dominion Wars)
Multi-era

I will get rid of all of the ??? that I can find

The original game shiplist/ftrlist will be from 2033/2035 (2033 and 2035 are the same shiplist/ftrlist).

I also found out that if you still have 2033 and your buddy has 2035, you can play multiplayer with one another.

TOS TMP TNG and Multi-Era shiplists will get model updates. The Doomsday Machine will get a brk mod.

I want this mod to be as perfect as it can be, so I'm going to take as much time as it needs. In reality it may go into 2003.

My technique for modding is this:

One day I'll wake up and get the desire to fix the TOS portion. Then I might go a week and not think about EAW...perhaps add a model to TNG one night and do nothing else.
Sometimes I go all out and spend 4 hours fixing a bunch of stuff. As things get done to the mod I'll post the progress in this thread.

I want you to know that The Multi-Era Mod is something I'm very proud of, even in its current state.

For the 56k-ers I'll break up the downloads with Winrar to make life easier.

I'll be into SFC3, of course, adding ships and seeing what I can modify. I predict that SFC3 will be a smash hit, and I'll be on the front lines of the modding of it.

but..I will not be forgetting where I came from - because it is too enjoyable!

Above from 10/29/02..

This will get attention here and there with an eventual full update later this year...  2036 files will be included as originals, with the update automatically detecting where your game is on the hard drive, and placing some shortcuts on the desktop.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Chris Jones »

3dot14

Re: SFC2: EAW Multi-Era Mod
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 10:26:21 am »
gald to hear you are still on the EAW case!

Admiral Peter

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 12:31:35 pm »
espeacally for us people with no SFC3, or OP.  

lleggs

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2003, 12:52:15 pm »
agreed however, i tried the tng mod pack (i think that's what it was), but for some reason it didnt work, i guess i did something wrong.  I would go into let's say a skirmish, and i could see the interface, and hear the music/sounds, but the background (where the stars were) was totally black and i couldnt see my ship.  Anyway, a minute or 2 later, the game crashed.  I had to end up reinstalling and putting my mods back in.  Any clue or is it just me?

Chris Jones

Mod Problems
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2003, 03:58:48 pm »
Missing Models.

Make sure you have a tng directory in your assets/models.

I would eventually like to re-package the older mods to not have install problems such as you describe..

That is a goal..

Kestrel

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2003, 06:10:08 am »
I am so glad that this mod update is still a live project!  Hopefully, more of the EAW faithful will chime in as encouragement.  Thanks for the update.  

Chris Jones

TOS ROMULANS
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2003, 07:59:08 pm »
Anyone know where I can get some good TOS Romulans for EAW?