Topic: Special (hard-coded) properties of monsters  (Read 2243 times)

Rhaz

Special (hard-coded) properties of monsters
« on: February 17, 2004, 03:22:24 pm »
Is there any info anywhere on special (or hard-coded) information on what the various mosters can do to a ship (as opposed to the weapons listed in the shiplist)?

TIA,

Rhaz

Pestalence

Re: Special (hard-coded) properties of monsters
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 09:08:00 am »
Well the only thing I have Seen Special do is allocate ships to certain scripts.. as in F-ab is listed as special, but Astroid Base Assaults call this item in the shiplist using the Special tag... however in other aspects.. like the Doomsday Device, Special denotes that the hull of the model is indestructable...

I think that this stuff is scripted and not actually hardcoded...

however I am not a scripter, they could answer this better than I can.

Julin Eurthyr

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 12:09:05 am »
Last I knew, outside of the (possibly scripted) insta-death from the Doomsday Machines of SFC1, there has not been a single monster-only power outside of it's "ship system" powers (weapons, shields, armor, etc.)

Things like watching crew die from a mind-sucker, or watching the engines wither to shreds due to a power-absorber monster aren't accounted for in SFC that I've seen.

It may be possible to re-create these effects by scripts, check with our resident scripting gurus here for info...

Maxillius

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 02:06:04 am »
there is that one mission in OP (I think) that is never used on the D2 because your engine power drops off to 0 randomly and without warning.  It also regenerates your engines to full health at the end, even if they were horribly damaged!

This is a scripting thing.