Topic: gamespy  (Read 2596 times)

DonKarnage

gamespy
« on: January 19, 2003, 12:49:19 pm »
is there a way to keep the mod that i have inted of the original mod that came with the game in gamespy?

i have try it alone in the multy player at gamespy and the shiplist stay as i made it for the mod, but when i play with other the shiplist chnage the mod for  the original that came with the game, is there a way to keep the mod that i use in single player during a multyplayer in gamespy?

THORN

Re: gamespy
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 03:49:31 pm »
i think ur calling ur Default core.txt file a mod ..... and if i am understanding u ,..... then the answer is no

the only way u can use a modded corefile is if the other players u wish to play have the excat same corefile

personalliy  i have used this technique a few times ...and i am in the process of builting a ship pack for my fleet to use .... the key is controllling the corefile ... if it is different in any way to any of the other olayers u are connected to ...it wont work

usually gives a nerror like missmatcjhed core .... or something like that

other wise u can use the  hardpoint data from and existing ship and add the new ships to the customloadout as a replacement ot and existing ship .... the hardpoints wont always load up ...and ull be the onlyone to see it ... but it will give u the look of the new ship and will NOT affect game play