Topic: Excelsior/Galaxy Hybrid<-------------------Released!!!  (Read 5927 times)

Captain Ron

Excelsior/Galaxy Hybrid<-------------------Released!!!
« on: February 28, 2004, 05:53:06 pm »
Well here we go from concept to model in under 24 hours (yes this is a lie as it was on my HDD unfinished for months). So it is up and available for download at the TCS site (forgot the URL, that's bad) and will post the URL later

Here is the ship there are two versions one of them has thicker support pylons (not pictured)

So what are you doing drooling here go get it!

(this space for URL, once I find it)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 06:31:12 pm by Captain Ron »

Captain Ron

Re: Excelsior/Galaxy Hi-Breed <--------------------------Released!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 06:14:06 pm »
And the URL is....

Here!  

Fury_of_a_Seraph

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 06:20:23 pm »
PSST

did you mean Hybrid?

Captain Ron

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 06:30:21 pm »
Yes...

Thanks

Azel

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 10:10:16 pm »
Thank you Sir!!!
I really love this Ship mate!!
It makes alot of sense to me

Great Idea
Hope to see more  

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2004, 12:39:09 am »
like a miranda class, please

adam out

Captain Ron

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2004, 01:06:24 am »
???

I have a Miranda at the site could you explain a little better please?
If you are taking about a Excelsior version FOAS has one already I just don't know if it is released or not. He also did the Pleiades which is very close.

Dizzy

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2004, 02:04:33 am »
Its a great go between eras ship. Me likes. TY.

ModelsPlease

Re: Excelsior/Galaxy Hybrid<-------------------Released!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2004, 08:00:53 am »
Nicely done Captain Ron Sir, might you also do an Excelsior with Sovereign Narcells ? Just asking  
-MP  

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2004, 10:44:00 am »
Or a Galaxy Saucer on a Sovereign Body  

Captain Ron

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2004, 04:01:01 pm »
I think NannerSlug already has that model, you might want to check with him first on that one.

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2004, 04:17:31 pm »
sorwie, I mean a miranda class vessel that has tng warp engines

adam out

Captain Ron

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2004, 04:19:20 pm »
So basically you want a Mirianda with these engines on it?

Captain Ron

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2004, 08:01:10 pm »
So Basically you are looking for this?

This one would not take more than and hour to look over to make sur I did not miss any polies and to match the textures alittle better if this is what you wer talking about.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Captain Ron »

Fury_of_a_Seraph

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2004, 08:05:19 pm »
I wouldnt mind seeing this released, though i must admit, i have no idea how im gonna put it into my own personal timeline...
Perhaps this Sub-Class was a single ship designed to test the affects of the nacelles on a different type of warpfield than the excel-gal hybrid....i dunno if i really like this class history, if someone could help me out it would be of great help.

Captain Ron

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2004, 08:26:24 pm »
This one I dunno if it will make release (prabably because it is done) it is a stop on the way to another ship which is the Bass Master. I am slowly learning to kitbash and I was planning on redoing the textures on the saucer that is on that ship anyways to a TMP style look. So the next step is to see if i can get a saucer on it and that is the real test.

I have no ideas where this would fit on a time line either it would probably be better on a TMP time line where the TNG stuff was never made, and alternate reality.

Captain Ron

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2004, 10:41:42 pm »
Come on there are two ships here there has to be more comments then this?

I mean come on here is a ship begging for a history and no takers. So FOAS you ever going to get all those bashes of yours released I have seen WIPs but not much else i am waiting still !!!

At least get one or two of them out so I can get a good look at them. Also if you want you can ask for other to help finish things up. You never know what I will decide to texture and others here can do break models and DPs HPs, I have used Khalee to do some of my ships as i have no idea how to do them but am learning.

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2004, 12:36:43 am »
That is exactly what I am looking for, thanks man, shes great, when will she be ready, another thing, since the excelsior and miranda have been upgraded with the TNG nacelles, is there any way to upgrade there weapons, for instance phaser arrays instead of phaser banks, it would look really great, some have tried it and have failed, but I think you can really make the miranda and excelsior tng ships come alive, thanks for the hard work, i really appreciate the models, thanks again

adam out

Captain Ron

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2004, 01:28:59 am »
The Phaser rings can be removed from a galaxy and added to them, it just means I have to remove the phasers from the textures. Would take allot of time i don't have right now to do them though. The other problem is, and I am not trying to be mean here, is that though it is more towards your perfect ship I am going for a TMP look for now. It doesn't mean I will not do it in the future as it does sound interesting to me, I will probably not do it to soon though. I am currently working on a Miranda with a deflector in the front, which is very simular to the Bass Master though I made this version (different engines and no missing polies). Once this is done I will look into it but for now I can not commit to the project, Sorry.

Current WIP:

I know it doesn't look it from the picture, but trust me this one is still at least two weeks away from being done. There are still allot of textures to do and work out before this ship will be finished. It is a long time project I started that I really want to finish so it is a priority right now, the ship I was building from was a saved file that I could convert quickly which is why it was done. The textures for it were mostly complete only minor cahnges were need to finish it, unfort the current one I am not that lucky with.

Since the other one only needs Screen Shots, for the download page, to finish it up; it should be out tomorrow or so. The other one with the Phaser rings will have to wait until I finish current projects or someone else can do it for you, depends on your patients I do not mind the mesh/textures being used.

-GAFY?

ModelsPlease

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2004, 02:12:44 am »
I like the idea Captain ron sir, maybe this little ship can give some inspiration.It's an original physical model done by Ravenstar Studios.

ODIN CLASS

It claims to be an Enterprise B saucer with TNG era narcells and operation specific pods.

I have other pics if you like the ship or find it gives you any ideas  
-MP  

Captain Ron

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2004, 10:20:35 am »
Its a thought...

Mostly interested in TMP stuff though myself, but not total against the TNG technology stuff like phaser rings and engines long as I can make it look right. Mostly it just takes time to do this stuff, not as easy as it looks to do.

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2004, 11:58:52 am »
Maybe instead of refitting TMP ships with complete phaser arrays, you could break the arrays up into segments corresponding to the original phaser banks.  

Captain Ron

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2004, 01:22:06 pm »
There is a thought.

Considering the game does actually support them and only supports banks as it is anyways that might be the way to go. One most of the TNG ships other areas excluding saucers they are in banks. Only the saucers sections have the really big banks. Considering how the Rings seem to work more banks that one big one seems to make more sense as well. They only seem to be able to fire one beam from any ring reguardless of its size, against multiple ships this would be a disadvantage. With Banks you only have a problem is multiple ships are in one arc if they are in two or more arc both banks could fire, where one large ring could not.

Seems the TNG though more technically advanced, seems to be a step backwards in usuability and durablity.

Captain Ron

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2004, 02:33:09 pm »
And now in line with the first ship in this thread the Miranda/Galaxy Hybrid is now up and ready for download!

She is now available Here! It is on the second page near the top.

DestinyCalling

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2004, 03:18:52 pm »
Now I actuallty like this one better... Seems to fit better...

Nice One

Captain Ron

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2004, 03:47:03 pm »
The one i like is also, Ironically, the one I have yet to finish which is a varation on Ol' Buzzards Bass master. It is basically a Miranda with a defelctor on the front, and another WIP I am doing.

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2004, 04:22:18 pm »
Quote:

There is a thought.

Considering the game does actually support them and only supports banks as it is anyways that might be the way to go. One most of the TNG ships other areas excluding saucers they are in banks. Only the saucers sections have the really big banks. Considering how the Rings seem to work more banks that one big one seems to make more sense as well. They only seem to be able to fire one beam from any ring reguardless of its size, against multiple ships this would be a disadvantage. With Banks you only have a problem is multiple ships are in one arc if they are in two or more arc both banks could fire, where one large ring could not.

Seems the TNG though more technically advanced, seems to be a step backwards in usuability and durablity.  

I believe an episode of DS9 depicts multiple phaser beams being emitted from a single phaser array somewhere.

Captain Ron

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2004, 08:34:37 pm »
I know I have seen different banks fire at once but I don't remember seeing a back fire two beams at once.

olbuzzard

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2004, 09:01:23 pm »
Excellent work!!  I like it very much !!

Your version of the Miranda Hybrid is excellent and should be reviewed as such !!

Great job !!

Thanks for sharing !

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by olbuzzard »

Captain Ron

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2004, 09:57:10 pm »
Nah, i did not take it as being critical.

Your first line was about my work, the rest was about your ship the Bass Master, which is fine by me. No matter what my work might resemble yours to a point but i really doubt we will texture it the same, and that is where the details really lay. I look forward to seeing your new ship, I am always interested in seeing the work people do here.

I like you am learning how to do this, every model and texture is a new experience. I can do things much faster and easier than i could in the past, but looking at what comes out here always lets me know how much farther i need to my skills to grow.

-GAFY?

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2004, 09:57:29 pm »
Im sorry for the suggestions, you are absolutely rite, the ships are in your vision , again I am very sorry, thanks for all the models they are really nice

adam out

Captain Ron

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2004, 10:04:39 pm »
No need to be sorry Adam, I must have come across different than i intended.

I by no means meant anything negitive towards you. The suggestion were fine but i doubt i will have the time to do them. If you find a modeller that can they are free to use what i have done to get you your ship created. I might get to eventually as well, but it will not be anytime soon as I have a full book ofthings to do. I do suggest that you get Milkshape and Paintshop pro we never know you may have the talent in you to do this as well, you will not know unless you try. Up until last year I was one of those that was wishing for things as well, I decide to try it and slowly have been learning how to do this. It is something thta can be learned, you should try it at the worse you will be out 25 bucks for Milkshape at best you will be turning out models.

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2004, 11:33:54 pm »
Its ok, I know you did not intend any disrespect, I have 3dmax and psp7.0, but like you said time is definitely required, and btwn school and work, shoot, I have barely enough time to hang out, lucky i have access to a computer in school and in work, to keep up wit the posts, but i have spring break coming up, maybe ill check out one of the modeling tutorials sites tracey g asked for, thanks

adam out

Captain Ron

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2004, 09:44:12 am »
Quote:

Excellent work!!  I like it very much !!

BTW?  the ship now known affectionately as the Bass Master is an advanced series.  That was the primary reason for the use of the larger saucer. ( looks similar to that of the Excelsior).  Also you will note that the nacelles as ?Dual? on each side of the Bass Master ..  ( hopefully one day we will have the new design available as well).  There are a couple of updates in the works.  That info will be released in due time.  

( Sorry this is not meant in any way to be critical of your work or to take away from your thread or presentations)

Your version of the Miranda Hybrid is excellent and should be reviewed as such !!

Great job !!

Thanks for sharing !

This is the Current WIP with the Deflector, there are two actually this is the one I chose to go witthe model the other is in the Alt director and will be included with the model. There are no under side pics for one reason, there are no textures there yet so unless you are into white you will have to wait. This gal will be put on hold now until the weekend as I ran out of time for the rest the rest of the week.

enjoy

-GAFY?

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2004, 10:47:30 am »
I honestly dont care for the phaser arrays that much no more, im loving this one, very nice, what is the ship registry and the name????

adam out

Captain Ron

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2004, 03:44:45 pm »
Name and registry are still unknown, but i have plenty of time to worry about that later.

I still have to finish up the upper saucer section and then save a blank of that. Then I still have the lower hull to complete and the lower saucer section. Once the lower saucer is done I have to save a blank of that before the registry process can begin. The really hard part is I decide to kind of merge the lower hull and saucer, this means I will have to match the textures across them and since they are at 2 dir=fferent sizes it has compound the issue a bit. So this ship will take time probably on the scale of the orginal Miranda I did, which was about a month of texturing. The sad part was i could have kept going on the Miranda but finally decide there was enough details added to make it look good, this one being an expirement to me might take longer. This is at least the ship I always wanted to do so I can only hope I don't screw it up and will like the results.

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2004, 08:06:27 pm »
I have confidence in your abilities , I cant wait, a month, whoa, it?ll be worth the wait though, thanks again

Adam out

Captain Ron

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2004, 10:00:51 pm »
Well a month at the longest my biggest problem is this:

"what would it look like if I did this!" or "Did I just save over the wrong texture?"

All these things are fixable but require time, especially that last one. I can not tell you how many times I have done that, saved a file I am working on in a wrong directory because I am doing 2 or more projects at once.

Captain Ron

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2004, 04:00:02 am »
Well here is an update on where this is:

The ships are built and forthe most part textured, just the under part of the saucer still needs to be done. I have the guide lines drawn but still have all the details to add which normally takes a week or two to do, depending on how much time I have available. Their will be two ships in the release, since they are both going to be very similar in appearence one will be less detailed (advanced) than the other, you can probably guess which.

So here is the update pick...

Captain Ron

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2004, 11:46:31 am »
And just to keep this thing off page three!

Captain Ron

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2004, 04:52:55 pm »
Guess this question should come into now since I am coming up empty. What names should go on these two ships, and what hull numbers? I personally don't know at this point my trip ended early so I will have time to work on them this weekend i was not planning on. So hopefully they will be out next week, if not sooner.

Darkness1

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2004, 05:16:14 pm »
hey what aboiut the excelsior 2+

Captain Ron

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2004, 05:37:54 pm »
Don't know Fury of a Seraph was doing those not me.

He uses the same textures as me for those so I do understand the confussion, truth of the matter i was wondering when he was going to finish those too. I think thedelays by him were caused by the card game and allot of projects being taking on. We can only hope he will finish those things soon.

Captain Ron

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2004, 12:45:04 am »
Well the first one is done still needs a name and registry.

I should have the otehr finished by this weekend, then I will post them both at once for download, it to will need a registry.

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2004, 01:12:58 am »
Any updates on the Miranda you were doing

adam out

Captain Ron

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2004, 01:56:55 am »
Quote:

Any updates on the Miranda you were doing

adam out  

Yeap the one with the Galaxy styled engines is done except for a registry, still don't know what to name it and use for a number. The other one with the TMP engines is about 50% done then also needs a registry. So with a little luck they should be out by Sunday or so.

The old pics, also known as the work in progress shot

Is the almost finished XcalGal, the XcalMir in the first pic is not quite done yet, still needs the underside finished but I am giving it a different textured look so it is taking some time to do.

this one is already up and available for download.

So if all goes well and i can figure out names and numbers the two in the top pic will be dome by the end of the weekend.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2004, 02:17:47 am »
Very nice indeed Captain Ron sir !!!.Looking forward to Sunday.
-MP  

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2004, 03:26:39 am »
Holy Crap ron, those are beauties, I love the TMP one, the TNG is also fantastic, do you plan to create your own names for the registries or would you like me to look up some Miranda class name besides Reliant and Saratoga??

Adam out

PS I cant wait

Captain Ron

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2004, 04:40:35 am »
I have the standard names from this  Site. All in all it is a pretty good reference and many of those names have made it into my other registries as well as the ones you can swap out for the saucers I made. These last two ships will not be able to use the registry packages I made the Saucers are to different.

So any names that are made up with hull numbers, or ones from actual ships will do. This is the one time were it can be creative though as there are no designs as far as i can tell in StarFleet like this.

Kaenyne

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2004, 08:36:17 am »
Oooh! Cool stuff!

You're outdoing yourself, Captain!

Captain Ron

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2004, 06:52:05 pm »
So no suggestions?

Oh well guess I  can always try a thresaurus...

Kaenyne

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2004, 08:11:43 pm »
All right! All right! I'll help!  

Here's a few:

Rushmore
Milky Way
Poseiden
Courage
Constant
Zeus
Tsunami

Need more? Give me a holler.

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2004, 09:09:09 pm »
Name it after the disaster in New  Jersey

USS Hindenburg NCC 61937    Thats the accident date 6 / 1937

or

USS Zepplen NCC 21900 thats the flight date for the zepplen 2 / 1900

Use both the top for the TNG one and for the TMP, the bottom

adam out

Captain Ron

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2004, 10:47:02 pm »
The Damocles  NCC - 31947 won for the TNG one.

Don't think I want to name a ship after something that was famous for blowing up, the the Zepplin does make sense that ship did allot of historical record setting.

Captain Ron

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2004, 01:26:01 am »
Ok ships are done I just need to load them into the game and collect screen shots of them. So tomorrow some time I will put out a release thread for them.

No new pics of them as I need to sleep.

Capt_Spade

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2004, 03:20:35 am »
Hmm..... Not to sure about these. But all in all good job.      

Captain Ron

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2004, 03:59:01 am »
It is always a gamble when making ships no one has done before or are listed in the ST Universe, but at least I finally started thinking out side of the box. it is always worth the effort to do creative thinking, plus they made for a good experience to force myself to learn Milkshape and new approaches to texturing.

Capt_Spade

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2004, 04:36:38 am »
Quote:

It is always a gamble when making ships no one has done before or are listed in the ST Universe, but at least I finally started thinking out side of the box. it is always worth the effort to do creative thinking, plus they made for a good experience to force myself to learn Milkshape and new approaches to texturing.  

Thats what i like about your models, you are zigging instead of zagging.  I was just was not sure about them, it will just take some warming up to them! Keep em' comming!    

DarkMatrix

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2004, 08:31:08 am »
thanks GAFY dl both

DM