Topic: Excelsior/Galaxy Hybrid<-------------------Released!!!  (Read 5929 times)

Captain Ron

Excelsior/Galaxy Hybrid<-------------------Released!!!
« on: February 28, 2004, 05:53:06 pm »
Well here we go from concept to model in under 24 hours (yes this is a lie as it was on my HDD unfinished for months). So it is up and available for download at the TCS site (forgot the URL, that's bad) and will post the URL later

Here is the ship there are two versions one of them has thicker support pylons (not pictured)

So what are you doing drooling here go get it!

(this space for URL, once I find it)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 06:31:12 pm by Captain Ron »

Captain Ron

Re: Excelsior/Galaxy Hi-Breed <--------------------------Released!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 06:14:06 pm »
And the URL is....

Here!  

Fury_of_a_Seraph

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 06:20:23 pm »
PSST

did you mean Hybrid?

Captain Ron

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 06:30:21 pm »
Yes...

Thanks

Azel

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 10:10:16 pm »
Thank you Sir!!!
I really love this Ship mate!!
It makes alot of sense to me

Great Idea
Hope to see more  

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2004, 12:39:09 am »
like a miranda class, please

adam out

Captain Ron

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2004, 01:06:24 am »
???

I have a Miranda at the site could you explain a little better please?
If you are taking about a Excelsior version FOAS has one already I just don't know if it is released or not. He also did the Pleiades which is very close.

Dizzy

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2004, 02:04:33 am »
Its a great go between eras ship. Me likes. TY.

ModelsPlease

Re: Excelsior/Galaxy Hybrid<-------------------Released!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2004, 08:00:53 am »
Nicely done Captain Ron Sir, might you also do an Excelsior with Sovereign Narcells ? Just asking  
-MP  

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2004, 10:44:00 am »
Or a Galaxy Saucer on a Sovereign Body  

Captain Ron

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2004, 04:01:01 pm »
I think NannerSlug already has that model, you might want to check with him first on that one.

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2004, 04:17:31 pm »
sorwie, I mean a miranda class vessel that has tng warp engines

adam out

Captain Ron

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2004, 04:19:20 pm »
So basically you want a Mirianda with these engines on it?

Captain Ron

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2004, 08:01:10 pm »
So Basically you are looking for this?

This one would not take more than and hour to look over to make sur I did not miss any polies and to match the textures alittle better if this is what you wer talking about.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Captain Ron »

Fury_of_a_Seraph

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2004, 08:05:19 pm »
I wouldnt mind seeing this released, though i must admit, i have no idea how im gonna put it into my own personal timeline...
Perhaps this Sub-Class was a single ship designed to test the affects of the nacelles on a different type of warpfield than the excel-gal hybrid....i dunno if i really like this class history, if someone could help me out it would be of great help.

Captain Ron

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2004, 08:26:24 pm »
This one I dunno if it will make release (prabably because it is done) it is a stop on the way to another ship which is the Bass Master. I am slowly learning to kitbash and I was planning on redoing the textures on the saucer that is on that ship anyways to a TMP style look. So the next step is to see if i can get a saucer on it and that is the real test.

I have no ideas where this would fit on a time line either it would probably be better on a TMP time line where the TNG stuff was never made, and alternate reality.

Captain Ron

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2004, 10:41:42 pm »
Come on there are two ships here there has to be more comments then this?

I mean come on here is a ship begging for a history and no takers. So FOAS you ever going to get all those bashes of yours released I have seen WIPs but not much else i am waiting still !!!

At least get one or two of them out so I can get a good look at them. Also if you want you can ask for other to help finish things up. You never know what I will decide to texture and others here can do break models and DPs HPs, I have used Khalee to do some of my ships as i have no idea how to do them but am learning.

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2004, 12:36:43 am »
That is exactly what I am looking for, thanks man, shes great, when will she be ready, another thing, since the excelsior and miranda have been upgraded with the TNG nacelles, is there any way to upgrade there weapons, for instance phaser arrays instead of phaser banks, it would look really great, some have tried it and have failed, but I think you can really make the miranda and excelsior tng ships come alive, thanks for the hard work, i really appreciate the models, thanks again

adam out

Captain Ron

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2004, 01:28:59 am »
The Phaser rings can be removed from a galaxy and added to them, it just means I have to remove the phasers from the textures. Would take allot of time i don't have right now to do them though. The other problem is, and I am not trying to be mean here, is that though it is more towards your perfect ship I am going for a TMP look for now. It doesn't mean I will not do it in the future as it does sound interesting to me, I will probably not do it to soon though. I am currently working on a Miranda with a deflector in the front, which is very simular to the Bass Master though I made this version (different engines and no missing polies). Once this is done I will look into it but for now I can not commit to the project, Sorry.

Current WIP:

I know it doesn't look it from the picture, but trust me this one is still at least two weeks away from being done. There are still allot of textures to do and work out before this ship will be finished. It is a long time project I started that I really want to finish so it is a priority right now, the ship I was building from was a saved file that I could convert quickly which is why it was done. The textures for it were mostly complete only minor cahnges were need to finish it, unfort the current one I am not that lucky with.

Since the other one only needs Screen Shots, for the download page, to finish it up; it should be out tomorrow or so. The other one with the Phaser rings will have to wait until I finish current projects or someone else can do it for you, depends on your patients I do not mind the mesh/textures being used.

-GAFY?

ModelsPlease

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2004, 02:12:44 am »
I like the idea Captain ron sir, maybe this little ship can give some inspiration.It's an original physical model done by Ravenstar Studios.

ODIN CLASS

It claims to be an Enterprise B saucer with TNG era narcells and operation specific pods.

I have other pics if you like the ship or find it gives you any ideas  
-MP