Topic: Any one remember Aeon Flux, from a few years back?  (Read 5705 times)

Sirgod

Any one remember Aeon Flux, from a few years back?
« on: February 28, 2004, 06:32:42 pm »
 Aron Flux

Making a Killing  

Charlize Theron will star in ''Aeon Flux.'' She'll play the futuristic assassin from the MTV cartoon BY GARY SUSMAN
Whether or not Charlize Theron's ''Monster'' role as a serial killer wins her a Best Actress Oscar on Sunday, it's already earned her another killer part, and a monster pay raise to boot. Variety reports that Theron has landed the lead in ''Aeon Flux,'' for which she'll earn a career high of $10 million. Based on the MTV animated series, the movie is about a sleek, Elektra-like assassin living in a post-apocalyptic future 400 years from now. Karyn Kusama, who made an action heroine out of Michelle Rodriguez in ''Girlfight,'' will direct the film, which starts shooting in June. The role probably won't earn Theron another Oscar nomination, but it also won't saddle her with a beer gut and fake rotten teeth.

---------------------------------------------

If Done right this could be pretty cool IMHO.

Stephen

Corbomite

Re: Any one remember Aeon Flux, from a few years back?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 06:54:43 pm »
I own every single "no talkie" and episode. I love that show. I hope they do it justice. Hmmm, who's to play Trevor I wonder? Courtney Cox actually looks more like her, but Charlene is a better actress.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Corbomite »

Sirgod

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 06:57:15 pm »
Heh, I was just looking at NetFlix to see IF It was available for rent, But alas... Good point on Trevor though. Maybe i someone like Jeremy Irons was younger... LOL

Stephen

Corbomite

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 07:02:07 pm »
They did sell 2 videos with everything but one of the "no talkies " on it (can't figure out why they left it out). Look on Ebay for Aeon Flux and Aeon Flux - Mission Infinite. A video called "The Best of Liquid Television" (where it started) also has some of the shorts (and other hilarious stuff like Crazy Daisy Ed).

Sirgod

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 07:06:27 pm »
I'll have to that Corb. It's been along time since I've watched the Shows.

Stephen

Corbomite

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 07:19:11 pm »
Damn you Sirgod! Now that I dug them out, I just have to watch them again!! Well my evening is planned!  

Green

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2004, 08:31:53 pm »
Liquid Television ... Aeon's true beginnings ... the good old days (MTV ... pshhht ... whipper-snappers)

Sirgod

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2004, 06:32:42 pm »
 Aron Flux

Making a Killing  

Charlize Theron will star in ''Aeon Flux.'' She'll play the futuristic assassin from the MTV cartoon BY GARY SUSMAN
Whether or not Charlize Theron's ''Monster'' role as a serial killer wins her a Best Actress Oscar on Sunday, it's already earned her another killer part, and a monster pay raise to boot. Variety reports that Theron has landed the lead in ''Aeon Flux,'' for which she'll earn a career high of $10 million. Based on the MTV animated series, the movie is about a sleek, Elektra-like assassin living in a post-apocalyptic future 400 years from now. Karyn Kusama, who made an action heroine out of Michelle Rodriguez in ''Girlfight,'' will direct the film, which starts shooting in June. The role probably won't earn Theron another Oscar nomination, but it also won't saddle her with a beer gut and fake rotten teeth.

Stephen

Corbomite

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2004, 06:54:43 pm »
I own every single "no talkie" and episode. I love that show. I hope they do it justice. Hmmm, who's to play Trevor I wonder? Courtney Cox actually looks more like her, but Charlene is a better actress.

Sirgod

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2004, 06:57:15 pm »
Heh, I was just looking at NetFlix to see IF It was available for rent, But alas... Good point on Trevor though. Maybe i someone like Jeremy Irons was younger... LOL

Stephen

Corbomite

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2004, 07:02:07 pm »
They did sell 2 videos with everything but one of the "no talkies " on it (can't figure out why they left it out). Look on Ebay for Aeon Flux and Aeon Flux - Mission Infinite. A video called "The Best of Liquid Television" (where it started) also has some of the shorts (and other hilarious stuff like Crazy Daisy Ed).

Sirgod

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2004, 07:06:27 pm »

Stephen

Corbomite

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2004, 07:19:11 pm »
Damn you Sirgod! Now that I dug them out, I just have to watch them again!! Well my evening is planned!  

Green

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2004, 08:31:53 pm »
Liquid Television ... Aeon's true beginnings ... the good old days (MTV ... pshhht ... whipper-snappers)

Sirgod

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2004, 06:32:42 pm »
 Aron Flux

Making a Killing  

Stephen

Corbomite

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2004, 06:54:43 pm »

Sirgod

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2004, 06:57:15 pm »

Stephen

Corbomite

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2004, 07:02:07 pm »

Sirgod

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2004, 07:06:27 pm »

Stephen

Corbomite

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2004, 07:19:11 pm »