Topic: progress report  (Read 20624 times)

JMM

Re: progress report
« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2004, 12:27:26 pm »
Make SURE you get the college fund in addition to the basic G.I. Bill, Active, you will NOT regret it when you exit and go to college. You do not even have to exit to use it, I knew many people at DeWitt Army Hospital who were attending college full-time, collecting their G.I. Bill and getting their active duty pay! Sweeeeeet! Plus an education to boot!    

ActiveX

« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2004, 12:37:25 pm »
Im no longer eligible for the Montgomery GI Bill...

JMM

« Reply #182 on: March 12, 2004, 10:13:25 pm »
Well, still make sure you get a good MOS where you have some time to get an education, even without the G.I. bill, the military still helps active duty soldiers with college expenses, at least they did in 91-94 when I was at DeWitt hospital after gulf war. Man, MEDDAC was so great! I missed the CAV units, but I preferred looking at and being around all the women, patients and workers alike! Also, co-ed barracks rock!    

ActiveX

« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2004, 01:36:46 am »
Hehe, well I plan to get all the education I can in the time I serve hehe...

Maybe work on a Masters slowly but surely...

Sirgod

« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2004, 05:57:57 pm »
Any update ActiveX? How's It going.

BTW storm, still haven't made It out to that house, But I will this week.

stephen

ActiveX

« Reply #185 on: March 15, 2004, 11:43:30 pm »
I have to go to Phoenix MEPS before anything newsworthy happens...

JMM

« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2004, 07:32:32 am »
What route you gonna go Active? You have a degree, going to give being an officer a go? Or go enlisted and apply for OCS? Army or Air Force? Stay away from Navy and Marines, too much deployment time IMO. You already been there and done that.

Being an ex 91B, might I suggest the medical field? You get a good clinic or hospital duty assignment, I guarantee you will be going to school while serving. If you fo enlisted as a 91B, and you have the required core classes, apply for P.A. school (physician assistant), big demand in the civilian world for them. You have the power of a doctor, but are not exactly a doctor, but you are above a nurse.  

BTW, Ft. Sam Houston is in San Antonio, you'll LOVE it, Riverwalk, so many places to go to and things to do. You have the beach only two 1/2 hours away, Mexico 2 1/2 hours away, and Austin is 1 1/2 hrs away. School there? You'll learn A LOT, but it is also one big party place too! Beware the "meat market" on post, hehehehehehehehehehehe.  

ActiveX

« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2004, 08:17:34 am »

I was thinking about goin USAF and gunnin fer a radar tech rate...

I could be airborne or anywhere I'd want, I'll prolly go fer an AWACs eventually...

SL-Punisher

« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2004, 08:23:28 am »
Little chance of AWACS aircraft being phased out...so it's definatly a growth area

The only problem I see is reduction of controllers on the aircraft due to improvements in computer processing.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 08:24:07 am by SL-Punisher »

Stormbringer

« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2004, 06:08:40 pm »
Heh. Heh. Another Radar baby is born.

ActiveX

« Reply #190 on: March 17, 2004, 07:43:46 pm »
Quote:

Heh. Heh. Another Radar baby is born.  

Stormbringer

« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2004, 10:22:14 pm »
Radar Love. I told you "Mister Squinty  " that if you kept that up you'd go blind.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Stormbringer »