Topic: Will someone be making an offical post when the patch does come out?  (Read 2802 times)

**DONOTDELETE**

I am merely asking a simple question concerning the eventual release of the patch, ok?

WILL someone be making an "OFFICAL" patch notification on the general SFC forum once the patch is released? With the new forum design, I dont check the Taldren box like I used to.

Just wanna know if someone will be making a post here and if it will contain the links. Also, will Activision actually host the patch? I am not sure whats going on with the dropping of all links to SFC3, etc so I just wanna be ready for the patch, is all.

The Romulan Empire needs me.

Have a nice day!  

Highlander

Re: Will someone be making an offical post when the patch does come out?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2003, 08:16:59 pm »
This is what Dan from activision posted on gaming.startrek.com earlier tonight about why its a beta.

Dan Hagerty - 02.24.03 04:48pm
Primary Message Board Moderator, Assoc. Producer, Starfleet Command III
Admiral
Sorry.

The reason this is a "beta" patch, and not an officially supported patch, is because there is an issue with modem play on the Dynaverse with this patch. In short - Dynaverse play via dialup is very laggy and unstable, even more so than the 1.0 release.

We generally do not officially release any patch that reduces functionality to one or more parts of a game. Hence the "Beta" designation.

The patch does contain a lot of fixes, though. All users are advised to carefully read all available information about the patch on the downloads page before choosing whether they want to install the patch or not.

For the time being, Activision's official Dynaverse servers will remain 1.0 release servers.

So for the most part right now Activision is not going to upgrade with us but other servers will.  I think they will post something but you will have to check the boards and talk to ppl. That is the only way you will get the information of the patch coming out.  Now the only question is how long are we going to have to wait for the offical patch?  

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2003, 08:26:54 pm »
Ahh, thanks for the info, I totally gave up on the atvi boards LONG ago, lol.

I have had experiences with SFC beta patches before, and Ill wait for the offical one, thank you! Anyway, I play about 75% of the time on Acti B, so the beta wouldnt help my anyhow, darn it.

I hope them releasing a beta patch doesnt server as a dark omen for the release time of the offical patch, sigh.

Thanks again!

Have a nice day!  

**DONOTDELETE**

Will someone be making an offical post when the patch does come out?
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2003, 08:07:09 pm »
I am merely asking a simple question concerning the eventual release of the patch, ok?

WILL someone be making an "OFFICAL" patch notification on the general SFC forum once the patch is released? With the new forum design, I dont check the Taldren box like I used to.

Just wanna know if someone will be making a post here and if it will contain the links. Also, will Activision actually host the patch? I am not sure whats going on with the dropping of all links to SFC3, etc so I just wanna be ready for the patch, is all.

The Romulan Empire needs me.

Have a nice day!  

Highlander

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2003, 08:16:59 pm »
This is what Dan from activision posted on gaming.startrek.com earlier tonight about why its a beta.

Dan Hagerty - 02.24.03 04:48pm
Primary Message Board Moderator, Assoc. Producer, Starfleet Command III
Admiral
Sorry.

The reason this is a "beta" patch, and not an officially supported patch, is because there is an issue with modem play on the Dynaverse with this patch. In short - Dynaverse play via dialup is very laggy and unstable, even more so than the 1.0 release.

We generally do not officially release any patch that reduces functionality to one or more parts of a game. Hence the "Beta" designation.

The patch does contain a lot of fixes, though. All users are advised to carefully read all available information about the patch on the downloads page before choosing whether they want to install the patch or not.

For the time being, Activision's official Dynaverse servers will remain 1.0 release servers.

So for the most part right now Activision is not going to upgrade with us but other servers will.  I think they will post something but you will have to check the boards and talk to ppl. That is the only way you will get the information of the patch coming out.  Now the only question is how long are we going to have to wait for the offical patch?  

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2003, 08:26:54 pm »
Ahh, thanks for the info, I totally gave up on the atvi boards LONG ago, lol.

I have had experiences with SFC beta patches before, and Ill wait for the offical one, thank you! Anyway, I play about 75% of the time on Acti B, so the beta wouldnt help my anyhow, darn it.

I hope them releasing a beta patch doesnt server as a dark omen for the release time of the offical patch, sigh.

Thanks again!

Have a nice day!