Topic: Beta Patch and old troubles remain  (Read 6047 times)

Belchfire

Beta Patch and old troubles remain
« on: February 25, 2003, 02:57:37 am »
Well I would like to see what improvements have been made but at the moment my "CD Key in Use" prevents me. As per number 25 of your server fixes, this one is not working. Lost connection to the server and the key is still held up. This was with only 2 others on the server. So I suggest you take a look at this "fix" and get it working straight.

Regards,
Belch  

Captain KoraH

Re: Beta Patch and old troubles remain
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 03:04:25 am »
If you were playing on TNZ it might be because the server is not running the patch yet but you were.  

Belchfire

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 03:30:26 am »
Thanks Korah, that's why I decided to do a wipe and completely reload.

RESULT????????????

Same thing, "CD KEY in USE"

So much for fixing one of the main bugs with this game.

No more Beta patches for me, when they see fit to release a proper patch I will load that instead.

Be Well

Belch  

Towelie

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2003, 08:26:30 am »
  The CD key in use has NOTHING to do with your computer. It is a server holding it, and if it isn't the 500 build, then it probably doesn't have the latest fix.  

Belchfire

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2003, 11:04:24 am »
Well the server that has my CD key is running this Beta patch, the same patch that states this issue is fixed. Obviously it did not as more people will find out. I know that a fresh reload on my end has no bearing on a server side trouble, this was to stop all the queries of "Did you try a fresh install?" That part has been covered, so now we know that whoever designed this patch did NOT fix this issue. I was finishing a mission and got the pop up box saying "Your Connection to the Server has been lost". I try to log back on, it sits there for 3 minutes and finally pops up with the CD key message.

Belch  

ViperMaul

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2003, 01:02:12 pm »
Quote:

Well I would like to see what improvements have been made but at the moment my "CD Key in Use" prevents me. As per number 25 of your server fixes, this one is not working. Lost connection to the server and the key is still held up. This was with only 2 others on the server. So I suggest you take a look at this "fix" and get it working straight.

Regards,
Belch  

Are you running on Modem or Cable/DSL??

Belchfire

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2003, 06:03:56 pm »
Cable modem  1.2 Mb/sec down  180Kb/sec up

Belch  

Belchfire

Beta Patch and old troubles remain
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2003, 02:57:37 am »

Regards,
Belch  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2003, 03:04:25 am »
If you were playing on TNZ it might be because the server is not running the patch yet but you were.  

Belchfire

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2003, 03:30:26 am »
Thanks Korah, that's why I decided to do a wipe and completely reload.

RESULT????????????

Same thing, "CD KEY in USE"

So much for fixing one of the main bugs with this game.

No more Beta patches for me, when they see fit to release a proper patch I will load that instead.

Be Well

Belch  

Towelie

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2003, 08:26:30 am »
  The CD key in use has NOTHING to do with your computer. It is a server holding it, and if it isn't the 500 build, then it probably doesn't have the latest fix.  

Belchfire

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2003, 11:04:24 am »
Well the server that has my CD key is running this Beta patch, the same patch that states this issue is fixed. Obviously it did not as more people will find out. I know that a fresh reload on my end has no bearing on a server side trouble, this was to stop all the queries of "Did you try a fresh install?" That part has been covered, so now we know that whoever designed this patch did NOT fix this issue. I was finishing a mission and got the pop up box saying "Your Connection to the Server has been lost". I try to log back on, it sits there for 3 minutes and finally pops up with the CD key message.

Belch  

ViperMaul

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2003, 01:02:12 pm »
Quote:

Regards,
Belch  

Are you running on Modem or Cable/DSL??

Belchfire

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2003, 06:03:56 pm »
Cable modem  1.2 Mb/sec down  180Kb/sec up

Belch