Topic: From the 32nd century..... An Atolm presentation.... The  (Read 6023 times)

Reverend

Re: From the 32nd century..... An Atolm presentation.... The
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2004, 11:19:54 pm »
Quote:

the ship is mutable...as in able to change its shape to better suit the need
Evolve if you will

You can thank the assimilation of Species 8472 for that

what a spectacular idea! I often wondered what would've came of that...  

red_green

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2004, 11:46:30 pm »
Personnally I believe that the Borg would not be around in the 32nd century. Either that or the Federation wouldn't be. The Borg were just too powerful. Since they do not negotiate they could not co-exist with any other species. This would make it not feasible to have them in the same space over a extended period.  They would either assimilate the Feds or be destroyed. The closest real world anaolgy would be the Nazi's. Again very powerful and no negotiation.

Of course I realize its Sci_Fi so anything goes. But its fun to speculate.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2004, 02:58:33 am »
Quote:

Personnally I believe that the Borg would not be around in the 32nd century. Either that or the Federation wouldn't be. The Borg were just too powerful. Since they do not negotiate they could not co-exist with any other species. This would make it not feasible to have them in the same space over a extended period.  They would either assimilate the Feds or be destroyed. The closest real world anaolgy would be the Nazi's. Again very powerful and no negotiation.

If you were talking about a planetary scale I would agree,but there is no end (that we know of) for space and there is no definitive way to determine how far a reach the Borg have.Perhaps the faction of Borg we have seen so far have been defeated ,or at least scattered for a time.But who's to say that given a few centuries they don't show up again with new and better weapons. War breeds new inventions and leaps in technologies,so it would be fair to assume that with all that StarFleet had recently dealt with,future technologies came to the forefront of necessity. Jet planes from props in less than 20 years,radar,rockets,all due to war.There is always a catalyst for invention,so why not the Borg.  

red_green

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2004, 05:38:43 am »
Quote:

Quote:

If you were talking about a planetary scale I would agree,but there is no end (that we know of) for space and there is no definitive way to determine how far a reach the Borg have.Perhaps the faction of Borg we have seen so far have been defeated ,or at least scattered for a time.But who's to say that given a few centuries they don't show up again with new and better weapons. War breeds new inventions and leaps in technologies,so it would be fair to assume that with all that StarFleet had recently dealt with,future technologies came to the forefront of necessity. Jet planes from props in less than 20 years,radar,rockets,all due to war.There is always a catalyst for invention,so why not the Borg.  

You have a good point. After watching Star Trek I forget how big space is     Also forget that its 3 dimensional because the battles in ST are always depicted in 2D it seems.   Then there is all that time travel which I believe who ever discovers it 1st would just go back and wipe out there advasaries like the Borg tried in 1st contact. Which brings up how silly that plot was, but it had to be to make the movie work.  See the Borg conveniantly go back in time right in front of the Enterprise and Earth so the Enterprise could go and fight them. The borg would have gone back in time outside Federation space. Then the present day Feds would have known nothing about there time trip. The Borg could then travel to Federation space in the age of Cochran. They would have been unimposed. But then there is no movie and no Federation after that.

The Romulans make better adversaries I think. Because there deceptive. The Borg are too black and white, and too predictable. Hmm I think I got a bit off topic    

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by red_green »

ModelsPlease

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2004, 06:44:40 am »

You have a good point. After watching Star Trek I forget how big space is     Also forget that its 3 dimensional because the battles in ST are always depicted in 2D it seems.   Then there is all that time travel which I believe who ever discovers it 1st would just go back and wipe out there advasaries like the Borg tried in 1st contact. Which brings up how silly that plot was, but it had to be to make the movie work.  See the Borg conveniantly go back in time right in front of the Enterprise and Earth so the Enterprise could go and fight them. The borg would have gone back in time outside Federation space. Then the present day Feds would have known nothing about there time trip. The Borg could then travel to Federation space in the age of Cochran. They would have been unimposed. But then there is no movie and no Federation after that.

The Romulans make better adversaries I think. Because there deceptive. The Borg are too black and white, and too predictable. Hmm I think I got a bit off topic    

You haven't met the New Borg yet. You'll see  

-MP  

olbuzzard

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2004, 08:01:38 pm »
Quote:

Here's some pics

Borg with style ????  Hmmmm  let me think this one over...  good idea !!  Just not quite sure what to make out of it.  It seems that they were so in to .."efifecency" that it might be difficult for them to become "stylish" ???  

Dont get me wrong bud ...  it's a good idea ...  and I'm really not trying to be too negative.

(It's probably just me ...)

I do love the design for what ever it's worth !  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2004, 08:54:07 pm »
Think about it in terms like this Oldbuzzard sir, The Borg's approach to efficiency failed miserably.Being the Borg they would ADAPT so perhaps this is adaptation vs style.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2004, 08:59:50 pm »
Quote:

Think about it in terms like this Oldbuzzard sir, The Borg's approach to efficiency failed miserably.Being the Borg they would ADAPT so perhaps this is adaptation vs style.    

hehehe  ...  ok ..  that sounds cool.  It should be interesting to se the newly interprited borg droans !!

Azel

« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2004, 12:13:25 pm »

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hehehe ... ok .. that sounds cool. It should be interesting to se the newly interprited borg droans !!    

The borg still have the efficiency...the ship's hull Adapts to a particular situation...if they want the ship to be a cube...it will be a cube...it is all like muscle control
As for the look of the New Drones...I got that covered...I'll post pics this saturday  

Core

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2004, 02:03:33 pm »
imho the hull plating needs to be made smaler and less conspiqos if the ship to be belived to come from 32nd cetury

Fury_of_a_Seraph

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2004, 08:13:24 am »
Bump.

Azel

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2004, 04:02:11 pm »
Oh sorry these are late...just some ideas

BTW...I got a Bird soaring the stars for this era
Pics to be posted soon  

MarianoDT

« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2004, 03:37:26 pm »
Any news about the Ent-z.....or Did I miss the release thread???

IŽd like to have the ship in game.....

Thanks,

Mariano