Topic: Chris Jones's "Part 7" of his Mega mod  (Read 1695 times)

Teeth_03

Chris Jones's "Part 7" of his Mega mod
« on: March 17, 2004, 08:10:10 pm »
Well,I'm still doing sumtin with that,again,I hope Chris Jones dont mind,I just want to give sumtin back to this awesome community,so i figure just add on to sumtin thats already out there,that could use a little work.At first,I thought it was just gonna be one more part,but now I'm seeing 2 more.I wanna fix some stuff thats already in his mod,I lowered most of the mass limits,I dont like the whole phaser 12 all the way around with q-torps type of thing.I dont like not having the ion cannon either,I'm just gonna use a phaser 13 in replace of it,and make sure its not on nething else.I dont mind not having the l-plasma tho for the transphasic torp.I also dont like marging the races together.So I caame up with a plan,but I just now found a kink in it.I'm gonna add 2 full SFC2 races in it,thats what the poll was for.I'm seperating all the races.The 2 new races will overwrite the Species 8427 and the Ferengi,while the Cardassians and the Pirates still hold their own.I'm gonna switch everything around in a second set of files,all the 4 non-playable races will take a playable one,and vice versa.I'm gonna try and add the sfc2 voices 2 it.So the only problem is the borg,which isn't a big problem,cept one race wont bank like they're suposed too.Everything else should work tho.The first part I realease might not have the Cardy's playable in campaign,but I'm also adding the Skirmish version off all the ships in the mod,I added all the unused models in the spec files.

Just to clear sumtin up,there isn't anyway to get the non-playable races to work right in the campaign right? I know the re-fit is impossible,but being able to buy ships could replace that,like in SFC2.

Does anybody have any input or questions,or anything they would like me to add to this?If anybody wants to know,I'm definetly leaning towards the ISC for one SFC2 race,the lyrans...is prolly a definete no,so its a coin toss between hydran and gorn.like I said,no Mirak in this discission cuz of missiles,lack of them.

Just one more thing...can somebody send me a 9 race map,I dont have one,cant get the map editor to make one,too lazy too,and I really actually see if this works right.Thanx

PS-If any of these r the Gen at War mod,I dont have it nor know nething about it,so I'm not trying to steal nebody's ideas on it

Chris Jones

Re: Chris Jones's "Part 7" of his Mega mod
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 04:19:38 pm »
Teeth -

Sorry I haven't been around Taldren - BC's been keeping me very busy. How's you progress on this modification?

The Non-Playable races would have to be put into a playable race somehow, as far as I remember. It's been a while.

I'll release this on SFC3 Files when ready.

I'd like to see the Lyrans in here. Did I already have 1 Lyran in there?

I'll check in here more often.  

Netman

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 03:48:47 am »
Chris just letting you know that there is a big movement towards the sfc2 TNG mod.. The GSA fleets RH, RFA and iCoP have taken a great interest in the MOD.. RH-Pride- has strated the new trend and was sucesful in installing the 6  parts and audio.. Again thank you for all the work you have done to provide this brillaint peice of work  

Chris Jones

SFC2: OP TNG
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 08:33:37 am »
Hello Netman and thanks..

I may decide to join you guys - gotta reinstall GSA.

I have made some personal changes to the audio you might like.

Praxis

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 11:22:28 pm »
NETMAN!

So here's where you hang out!

Good to see ya bud!  Haven't seen you in ages!  (Well I spotted you a couple times on MSN, but not often...)

Remember the good ol' days in GFL way back when?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Praxis »