Topic: DefaultCore Mine/Marine/Shuttle Values  (Read 2504 times)

awm3

DefaultCore Mine/Marine/Shuttle Values
« on: February 25, 2003, 11:42:35 pm »
Hello, all.

.    Does anyone know what the first of the three colon delimited values in each of these columns is for?  For example, under 'Marines' the Federation starbase has the following:

Code:
Marines:20:40:25

.    I know that for most ships the first and third values are the same, and are equal to the default number of items, and that the middle number in all cases is the maximum possible number of items, but some entries (mostly bases and planets) have differing first and third values.  I have discovered that for an AI Federation starbase the third one (25) is used, so what is the first number for?  Is it the number that would be used if that ship/base/etc. were player controlled?  Or does it have something to do with the Dynaverse?

Any insight would be appreciated.

awm3

Rod O'neal

Re: DefaultCore Mine/Marine/Shuttle Values
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 11:53:21 pm »
I wish I could tell you for certain. It looks like your guess is probably right though. :min:max:default That would be my guess too.

The_Pelican

Re: DefaultCore Mine/Marine/Shuttle Values
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2003, 05:11:52 pm »
The 1st and 3rd values are for when creating AI ships. The first value is the "minimum" and the 3rd value is the "maximum". It will randomly generate a value between those two for the AI ship.

The centre value is the maximum the ship can hold, the 1st and 3rd must be less than or equal to this value.

So if it reads 3:10:8 for the Saber Class, it could be generated with any number of marines from 3 to 8, but has the option to stock up to 10.