Topic: How do I edit my save games in SFC3 so I can get better officers?  (Read 3890 times)

Mr_Buehler

K?      

zaniwhoop2

Re: How do I edit my save games in SFC3 so I can get better officers?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2003, 11:09:09 pm »
I don't know of any way yet. You can use a hex editor and search through the saved game for your officer's name and then see if you can change anything there yet. The saved game file is not documented anywhere, and is very similar to the sprites.q3 file as far as structure.

Mr_Buehler

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2003, 03:14:14 pm »
I do know one why but that would inculde the editing of the specs folder but that would cause the game to come up as modded in online games even when the spec folder is unmoded.

But I could try to edit the specs folder to inculde supedup officers on the starting ships then start a new campain for each race then save them, backup the saves and then reinstall the game.  

3dot14

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2003, 06:22:15 pm »
Frankly it's much much safer editing the GF files or the spec files than messing with save games...

I don't think there is a way editing SFC3's saved file yet... but if you get somewhere, be sure to post here...

(the closest thing is that there is some hacking info for SFC ONE's saved games... http://www.cheek.org/sfc/stuff.htm. considering the game are written by mostly the same people, it MIGHT (or not) give you some insight.)