Topic: Ambassador Refit With Nebula Style Pod  (Read 2328 times)

yakaspat

Ambassador Refit With Nebula Style Pod
« on: April 07, 2004, 02:23:12 pm »
Hi,

I've been looking for an ASDB Apollo Class ships http://www.trekmania.net/art/apollo_class.htm .  I once found a really nice SFC MOD that looks exactly like the ASDB Apollo, it was an Ambassador Class refit to look exactly like the Apollo (Ambassador arranged Nebula-style) except it has a Nebula Class (DS9 Style) "weapon pod".  I found the round disc shape pod on another kitbash site, and was going to take it's dish pod and stick it on the Ambassador kitbash, and, wham-oo, have the Apollo.  So, I now have the dish-disc-pod, but I cannot remember where I saw the Ambassador-bash!!!

Anyone remember where that Ambassador-bash is at that looks like the Apollo in the link above?  Or anyone have that ship MOD?  If so, please email it to me:

yakaspat@myesuite.com

Thanks,

Lance  

Futurama_Guy

Re: Ambassador Refit With Nebula Style Pod
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 04:17:41 pm »
That should be pretty easy to kitbash together.

Also, that is very close to the original concept for the starship Pegasus (from the ep with the same name) before the time crunch forced them to use a Oberth rather than make a new model.

yakaspat

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 05:31:36 pm »
Quote:

Also, that is very close to the original concept for the starship Pegasus (from the ep with the same name) before the time crunch forced them to use a Oberth rather than make a new model.  

Actually, its close to the USS Phoenix, commanded by Capt Ben Maxwell, in TNG, when he took the ship on a series of raids against Cardassian outposts to punish Cardassia for the Setlik III Massacre.  Cool episode.  I wasn't aware the Pegasus was supposed to be a Nebula!  Neat info.

I will be very easy to kitbash, but, I have to find the Ambassador bash first!  ;-)  

-Lance

sandman69247

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 05:43:33 pm »
If you can't find it, feel free to use my Ent.C at the Lost Era site...be an interesting new ship to play with.  

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 05:54:20 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Actually, its close to the USS Phoenix, commanded by Capt Ben Maxwell, in TNG, when he took the ship on a series of raids against Cardassian outposts to punish Cardassia for the Setlik III Massacre.  Cool episode.  I wasn't aware the Pegasus was supposed to be a Nebula!  Neat info.

I will be very easy to kitbash, but, I have to find the Ambassador bash first!  ;-)  

-Lance  

Umm, the Pheonix was a Nebula with a different pod-module, otherwise it was identical to every other Nebula we've seen, and nowhere near this "Apollo". The "Apollo" is to the Ambassador class as the Nebula is to the Galaxy class.  

And the Pegasus wasn't supposed to be a Nebula, it was a whole new class which resembled the "Apollo" which is no more Nebula than it is a Galaxy.

I kitbashed the Pegasus-concept from someones Ambassador but I'm not sure whose it is.

yakaspat

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 06:07:06 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

-Lance  

Umm, the Pheonix was a Nebula with a different pod-module, otherwise it was identical to every other Nebula we've seen, and nowhere near this "Apollo". The "Apollo" is to the Ambassador class as the Nebula is to the Galaxy class.  

And the Pegasus wasn't supposed to be a Nebula, it was a whole new class which resembled the "Apollo" which is no more Nebula than it is a Galaxy.

I kitbashed the Pegasus-concept from someones Ambassador but I'm not sure whose it is.  

Um...maybe you misunderstood.  The ASDB Apollo is similar in CONFIGURATION to the USS Phoenix Nebula Class.  I'm very well aware of the ship's we're talking about configuration, my good man.  I want to take an AMBASSADOR and kitbash it to make it the APOLLO, so the Apollo is arranged like the PHOENIX.   However, I already found a nicely kitbased Ambassador in Nebula configuration, and, my original point was, does anybody seen that model, too.

thanks for your input,

Lance

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 06:10:13 pm »
Which is exactly what i said...

"The "Apollo" is to the Ambassador class as the Nebula is to the Galaxy class. "

yakaspat

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2004, 06:22:34 pm »
Um....if I didn't say that, that's what I meant!    

See my original post.  hee hee
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by yakaspat »

ModelsPlease

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 10:32:17 pm »
Check your mail,I think this is the ship you wanted.If not I have 4 or 5 others.  

yakaspat

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 12:11:44 am »
ModelsPlease, you are my best friend!  

I'll check my mail when I get home.  We should burn our collections and swap CDs!  ;-)

-Lance

ModelsPlease

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2004, 01:22:41 am »
Quote:

ModelsPlease, you are my best friend!  

I'll check my mail when I get home.  We should burn our collections and swap CDs!  ;-)

-Lance  

Not a bad idea , geez I'm gonna need a lot of CD's  
-MP  

yakaspat

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2004, 01:06:38 pm »
In case any one is interested, I completed and ASDB Apollo Class, pretty accurate, using the pod from an Excelsior kitbash and the primary hulls structure from someone's Warspite Class Ambassador kitbash.  Sorry, I don't recall the names of the original artists, I hope they forgive me.  If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to email it to you in a ZIP file.

The Apollo Class is featured here:

http://www.trekships.org/gage_kris.jpg

and here

http://www.trekmania.net/art/apollo_class.htm

-Lance

ModelsPlease

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2004, 02:48:01 am »
WOW please send the Apollo my way. Oh and if you need anything else just ask,I have a pretty sizeable collection of ships.
Thanks
-MP
 ModelsPlease@aol.com  

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2004, 04:51:10 am »
Warspite was kitbashed by Mackie. Thats the bulk that I can remember this early in the morning  

starforce2

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2004, 05:49:37 am »
yup, I've been bugging him for an apollo for ages  too,  nice to finaly see someone else trying to get it done.

InragedSith

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2004, 12:54:52 pm »
Quote:

Hi,

I've been looking for an ASDB Apollo Class ships http://www.trekmania.net/art/apollo_class.htm .  

The closest thing to that is Mackies Warspite class
 http://www.the-tcs.net/ships/images/spite.jpg

The only difference is the warspite has a weapons pod instead of a sensor pod

yakaspat

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2004, 11:51:58 pm »
Yes, that's a beautiful model.  I actually already bashed it into the Apollo, thanks to a nice AWACS pod I found on another ship.  Good thing starfleet ships appear to be so modular, or, kitbashing would be a pain in the arse!