Topic: Your games model folders  (Read 10572 times)

Pestalence

Re: Your games model folders
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2004, 02:47:22 am »
You could Burn a copy of Taldren Software Inc folder with all contense inside it, a copy of the v2552 patch.. then if you need to reinstall OP, you can patch with v2552 patch, then just copy the Taldren Software Inc over the rop of the ony you just reinstalled.. it will fill in the missing files that way.. then you can run all the EXE files located in the Taldren Software Inc folder (except v2552 since you already installed it)

just don't forget the 2 shortcuts for the single player campaigns on your desktop and the Shipedit OP shortcut...

hope that this helps.. although to save room on a CD, i would be much easier to DL the package again or do a search on your entire system for the OP Enhancement in the event that you may still have it...

since the big package is 181 MB, it is much less space than copying almost 900 MB to disk...

if you decide to Dl it again.. just choose Save instead of Open.. then point it to where you can easily find it.. that way you can burn it to disk and no longer need anything except OP Install CD and OP Enhancement and the OP CD Key.

hope this helps.

« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2004, 02:57:24 am »
    Thanks.I not going to uninstall it yet put this would make for a good backup don't you think.You said the 2552 patch is in the installment packs.I will install it the way i did when I fineshed the download but I will think of DL it agian not now though.  

DonKarnage

« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2004, 02:36:10 pm »
after some problem with the tmp and tos shiplist i move the tmp shiplist to another folder to there wont be kinda conflict with the shiplist during the game, and the romuland are sowing off, before i move the shiplist the romuland where rarely see in the game.

« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2004, 04:04:02 pm »
     What do you mean by romuland is this in the single player campaign.What folders are you refering to Taldrens Originals or FireSouls,FireSouls as both.I have found a way of moveing files around and folders I use the file and folder tasks to the left of the screen.I click on the file and in the file folder task box it says move a file I click on it and a box in the middle of the screeen shows up and ask where to move it to.This only on XP though it might be on Win.2000 that is more for business I was told.Thanks Don if I were you I would get that 2552 patch aswell as the installlment pack it is well worth it the missions are different.  

DonKarnage

« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2004, 11:39:15 pm »
by romuland i mean before when i play single mission the romuland where rarely there when a mission involving the romulan, ex: the surprise reversed, the enemy are romuland, for some reason the romulan where not there (no ship at all) so the mission fail cause i can't destroye the romuland since there was no ship.

i got win xp familly edition

i move the shiplist and fighter list to another folder (like now i play in tos so the tmp shiplist and fighter list are move in another folder).

i might get the patch but m not sure.

have fun

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2004, 02:33:48 am »
Quote:

by romuland i mean before when i play single mission the romuland where rarely there when a mission involving the romulan, ex: the surprise reversed, the enemy are romuland, for some reason the romulan where not there (no ship at all) so the mission fail cause i can't destroye the romuland since there was no ship.

i got win xp familly edition

i move the shiplist and fighter list to another folder (like now i play in tos so the tmp shiplist and fighter list are move in another folder).

i might get the patch but m not sure.

have fun  

This happens sometimes in single player campaigns where are told to complete a mission and nothing is there.This happened to me aswell say in patrol mission and there is no enemy ship to go after.I look around a bit and use the tactical display tab button and if there isn't I just leave the sector.I speed it up by game speed 11 then when approuching the red line I go back down to 9 that is the game speed slider that I use.I like it because the ships turn better and handle better but it can tire you out.I hope this helps
   I would really get that patch you will like it when you feel like the time is right get the installment pack aswell.What aren't you sure of what is stopping you.I know you will have uninstall the game delete the game folder and reinstall it and patch it up the installment pack come with patch in it but if you want the patch just get it for now.When you are ready you can always PM Pestalence for the installment packs but tell him that you have patch.  

Pestalence

« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2004, 04:08:00 am »
The OP Enhancement pack has the option to install the patch and the option to not install the patch.. just pick the installer you want.. then choose the correct option...

Now as for v2552.. it fixes almost 200 items since v2525 including the spare parts.. on the Dyna and Single player and on Gamespy Arcade and in single player skirmish mode.. if I but 30 spares.. I can use 30 spares.. Unless on the Dynaverse 2 online server.. the server admin can limit spares used per mission.. but in normal servers and online and in single player.. if you buy 30 spares.. you can use 30 spares. The patch also fixes Rom Cloak... No, not making it totally hidden, but adjust how much damage a Rom can take when cloaked and also it allows it to lose missles and plasma inbound to it.. very effective defensively.

hope that this helps...

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2004, 11:16:51 am »
Quote:

The OP Enhancement pack has the option to install the patch and the option to not install the patch.. just pick the installer you want.. then choose the correct option...

Now as for v2552.. it fixes almost 200 items since v2525 including the spare parts.. on the Dyna and Single player and on Gamespy Arcade and in single player skirmish mode.. if I but 30 spares.. I can use 30 spares.. Unless on the Dynaverse 2 online server.. the server admin can limit spares used per mission.. but in normal servers and online and in single player.. if you buy 30 spares.. you can use 30 spares. The patch also fixes Rom Cloak... No, not making it totally hidden, but adjust how much damage a Rom can take when cloaked and also it allows it to lose missles and plasma inbound to it.. very effective defensively.

hope that this helps...

Tell that to Don KarnageI have no problems with my OP now it is just Dons.Howcome you replyied to my post and not his.I guess you wear a little tired from being on RDSL Pestalence can you please reply to my PMs thanks.