Topic: Your games model folders  (Read 10576 times)

Khalee

Your games model folders
« on: April 11, 2004, 03:50:56 pm »
Dont you hate it when they become so bloated that its one confusing mess of models, mine has become that way, heck Im surprised my game even stats up at all. So I have taken the steps of uninstalling everything, cleaning up  and organizing my folders hopefully in a better way. Then over the next few days will slowly start reinstalling everything,in I hope will be a better oranized way this time.

DonKarnage

Re: Your games model folders
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 07:53:55 am »
yea with the tos and tmp i will need to make a folder for the tos only or install op for a tos only, but i will need a biger hd or a 3th hd to place all the sfc/op stuff there.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 11:21:08 am »
  How do you open up a folder and pull out a text file like say eg. your shiplist Don Karnage in OP enhancement pack?  

DonKarnage

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 03:20:17 pm »
well i use ship edit  for the shiplist, if you mean how i change nd add ship?, the rest i never open them.

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 03:41:13 pm »
     This would apply to any shiplist or fterlist.I would just like to know how to pull them out of a folder so I change shiplists.I would like to change in both assetts/specs and metassetts aswell.Thanks anyone  

DonKarnage

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 03:50:36 pm »
well you safe them in spec/ shiplist.txt and then save as meta asset/shiplist.txt, that whay you dont have to remenber what change you made since you just save in both files.

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 04:59:19 pm »
   I know that I want to put two list in a folder and when I want to use them I would like to take them out agian How do I do this?How do I pull out a file from a folder I know how to put one in a file in folder?  

DonKarnage

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 05:33:09 pm »
m not sure what you mean, the shiplist.txt are there for the sigle player and multy player, if you move them the game wont work.

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2004, 05:58:58 pm »
     I want to know to remove a file from a folder so there is a new shiplist to use and put the other one back into its folder.It is like taking a file out of file cabinet and open the folder to work on file.Then you would place that file in its folder and put back in file cabinet and take another folder out and work on another file and so on an so on.  

DonKarnage

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 10:16:00 pm »
ok you want to keep the old one and make a new, well opend it whit explorer and copy past it else where so you will remember where it it, i got a tos file and tmp but not in the spec file, the tos is in another file so when i will use it i just remove the tmp file and replace it with the tos.

the work station on your desktop (if you dont have it then use excel to copy past your files)

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 02:30:28 am »
      I know how to copy and paste.How do you switch from your TOS file to your TMP file and how do you use Explorer to copy and paste?  

Pestalence

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 02:45:34 am »
Age, he just used terminology for things that you already do...

moving a file is using the Cut and Paste command instead of Copy.. Cut removes the file, Paste puts it in the new location..

copy makes a duplicate of the file/folder.. paste puts the duplicate in the new location

basically he is using the Cut and Paste method for moving the files/folders.

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2004, 02:51:22 am »
      How would you open a folder though and take files out?I know how to copy and paste but what about cutting?  

Pestalence

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2004, 03:18:34 am »
Opening a folder is just like opening My Computer.. just like opening C:\... just like opening Program Files.. doing this you are opening folders...

if you take shiplist.txt and double click it... you will open it in Notepad.. if you are using shipedit OP you are opening shiplist.txt when you import it to edit ships... so you know how to open files...

using the right click on a file you will see copy, cut, and paste and paste shortcut commands in the list.. choose copy you duplicate the file and you can paste it where you want... use Cut you remove the file from it's location and you can paste it into a different location.. the copied file remains where it originally was and it is duplicated in the new location.. the cut will physically remove the file from the original location and place it in a new location...

he is talking about a TOS and TMP modes.. as 2 separate mods for his game... in the case of models.. all he needs to do is Cut the Models folder containing his TOS models.. place it in a location outside the Assets folder.. then he can cut his TMP model folder and paste it in the Assets folder... just remembering to keep the name of the folders as models and not pasting them in the same location... (the pasted folder will overwrite the folder already there.. just like overwriting a file.).

I hope that this helps your understanding.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Pestalence »

DonKarnage

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2004, 06:56:19 am »
if you still don't understand i will crie j/k, i will give you detail info on how to keep both shiplist for tos and tmp.

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2004, 02:10:00 pm »
     I was experimenting with EAW on this on how to open a folder and remove a file so I could use a different shiplist.I tried cutting it but I couldn't remove a file out of the folder and I used move this file and now I get a CTD in the Skirnish selector I don't mind useing EAW for this because I have to patch it up agian.I want to burn the patch to the Game disks this time the official patch that is not those at Interplay if I can't burn it to game disks I will put it on my patch disk.I really like that 2552 patch I took out I-CCZ with F-CAI in 5 min.28sec.difficulty Admiral.How would I use Taldrens Originals in OP with Enhancement pack installed I see there is an uninstaller for opplus would I use this and I think I see an installer.I have an RDSL icon in there aswell do you play it more than once?Pestalence please answer this.  

DonKarnage

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2004, 02:25:07 pm »
well for the tos and tmp shiplist the best way is to call the shiplist with the tos shiplist-tos.txt and the one with the tmp call it shiplist-tmp.txt, but only when you want to use the tos list, when you use it after renaming to other shiplist-tmp.txt remove the  tos from the shiplist-tos.txt so it just call shiplist, for the patch i only get the 2525, itry to put the new patch but it never work so i let it like that.

Pestalence

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2004, 02:28:44 pm »
Ok.. to uninstall OP Enhancement pack back to original game condition (not counting the scripts for Co-Op or the scripts for Sector Assault or the Scripts for Fests +) you first uninstall OP + v3.2 using the uninstaller in the SFC OP game directory.

that file is called : opplus_uninstall.exe

then you can use the :  OP_Enhancement_Uninstall.exe

this will remove everything from OP that was added with exception to the scripts listed above.. however, those scripts will not effect Single Player or D2 game mode.. those scripts listed above are for GSA use only...

this will leave you with a 98% pure install of OP (unless you are using the D2 Model Package.. which will not effect the game except for ship looks.. so why uninstall that to make the game look ugly again?)

to reinstall.. run the installer again... cancell the black dos command window at the end of the installer.. then go to the Taldren Software Inc folder and run the OP + v3.2 installer.. this will put you back up to full OP Enhancement install...

hope that this helps..

P.S. the RDSL.ICO was a mistake on my part.. i was creating an icon for the RDSL installer and I accidentally saved it into the the OP Enhancement files before i made the installer.. I did not even realize that it was included... but it is the same Icon that I used for the OP Enhancement pack.. so it is completely appropriate.

Pestalence

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2004, 02:36:40 pm »
Quote:

well for the tos and tmp shiplist the best way is to call the shiplist with the tos shiplist-tos.txt and the one with the tmp call it shiplist-tmp.txt, but only when you want to use the tos list, when you use it after renaming to other shiplist-tmp.txt remove the  tos from the shiplist-tos.txt so it just call shiplist, for the patch i only get the 2525, itry to put the new patch but it never work so i let it like that.  

patch v2552 is not an upgrade patch.. there are about 8 patches in between the 2525 and the 2552... also there have been almost 300 game fixes since the 2525 patch which you are really missing out on.

You will need to uninstall and delete the SFC OP game from you sustem (including deleting the game folder)

reinstall SFC OP and then use the 2500-2552 full install game patch.

then you can re-mod the shiplist as the shiplist and some game files were altered for better functionality... I would suggest backing up your old shiplist then use Ship Edit Op to cake the changes to the v2552 shiplist... i would even suggest the OP + v3.2 which is designed speciffically for the v2552 because v2552 added new weapon arcs into SFC OP...

hope that this helps.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Pestalence »

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2004, 02:45:05 pm »
    Where is the installer?You Know where I am getting at with this it is my shiplist where to put it and how to use it.I do not want to DL this agian so don't want to ruin it.I see where the uninstaller is but where is the installer.I want to change a few things on the shiplist aswell.

How about NuclearWessels Campaigns in the single player Selector will they still be there after uninstall.  
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 02:47:44 pm by Age »