Topic: The STARYARDS are down.  (Read 1453 times)

Basara

The STARYARDS are down.
« on: April 11, 2004, 05:13:51 pm »
     They haven't updated their site for a year and both e-mail contacts no longer exist.  Are the Staryards gone for good?  If so, is anybody archiving the massive collection of models that they have on their site?  

Klingon Fanatic

Re: The STARYARDS are down.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 05:30:09 pm »
http://www.staryards.com/

It's working for me but the ship d/l  links seem to be hit or miss.

Cleeve was here a few weeks ago and didn't mention any problems or a need to shut the Staryards down.

KF

Basara

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 05:41:10 pm »
     The site itself is still there, but like I said there hasn't been an update for a year and the email addresses for contacting them don't work.  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 09:27:55 pm »
No fear,I have all the models from Cleeve's site.

-MP  

DonKarnage

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 10:46:11 pm »
Quote:

-MP  

you got all the mod from staryard and i got all the mod from eras of war, other should do the same from other site incase the shut it down or somethink else append.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 05:10:33 am »
Quote:

Quote:

-MP  

you got all the mod from staryard and i got all the mod from eras of war, other should do the same from other site incase the shut it down or somethink else append.  

I agree completely,so many great sites and ships have disappeared.We really need to have a massive archive to store them all.Good bad or indifferent ,I have some really old models,they all need new skins,but ya know what,the important thing is that they still exist and anyone can have them,just ask,I'm always happy to share the stuff I have.

-MP  

DonKarnage

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 07:24:00 am »
you should do it to other site just in case, as you see atra as remove most of his model, so we need to keep model from other site before the disapear so when someone want a model, it will be available by someone esle.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 08:29:26 am »
Quote:

you should do it to other site just in case, as you see atra as remove most of his model, so we need to keep model from other site before the disapear so when someone want a model, it will be available by someone esle.  

Fret not I already did.It's just a habbit I have.Whether or not I ever personally use a model,I usually D/L everthing from a site just because of situations like this,and the mere fact I lost so many models during puter crashes, that are now no longer available  

-MP  

jimkirk

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 03:51:29 pm »
Listen people If you want to get those models try clicking on those links once again... Twice or more after a crash, try to refresh your WWW explorer I remember those accidents before  

battlestar001

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2004, 04:12:58 pm »
it would be a shame if we lost the staryards. I rather like their work

DonKarnage

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2004, 04:46:10 pm »
that's why whe need to get all the mod from many site so if 1 clsoe the mod wont be lost

jimkirk

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2004, 10:11:59 am »
While you get a blank page, use refresh button or type F5 button on your keyboard to achieve a sub page on Staryards or download link as well... This problems have occured two months ago and I learned you can bypass them with such simplicity  

Basara

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 02:25:58 pm »
     Bypassing them isn't the problem.  It's the lack of any lifesigns from the sight staff.  For instance, I think the sight has been hacked because there is some biker picture atatched to the HOME button.  Hopefully I'm just being paranoid but I've seen too many good mod and model sites for a number of games go down like this.  

DonKarnage

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2004, 03:31:33 pm »
that's what append to eras of war, the site was close and there was never ben any update, so i got all the stuff from the site and keep them safe, and m trying to make a website so all the stuff will be available to anyone who want them.

but i need help with that.