Topic: Titan WIP  (Read 18330 times)

Fury_of_a_Seraph

Re: Titan WIP ***NEW PICS 5/21/04***
« Reply #240 on: May 28, 2004, 08:18:26 pm »
ahhh, the joy of Trek....its a salad bar....take what you want, and leave the rest.

In my private trek universe, sure there are fighters (The Peregrine is a little large and i consider it to be a Gunship)....in someone elses interpritation there aren't...

You want a fighterbay/shuttlebay? okay...if Atolm is willing to design a varient, i say go for it, or if you would rather have a kitbasher do it, cool, again, go for it...But dont tell a guy how to build his ship, or in this case their ship, thats def. not cool....

Honestly, im suprised Atolm would be willing to design you one after all this...

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #241 on: May 28, 2004, 08:25:02 pm »
cool, cool i like the idea of a kitbashed variant to hold a fighter bay gives the TiTan a more of a New era of ship building just like there was for TNG with many ships using scaled down or variants of the Galaxy hull or parts of it.

Fury_of_a_Seraph

« Reply #242 on: May 28, 2004, 08:28:18 pm »
then assuming that Atolm would grant your permission, i wish you luck.

manitoba

« Reply #243 on: May 28, 2004, 08:36:49 pm »
right on.   version 5  Titan -  the carrier.  

that should solve alot of things.

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #244 on: May 28, 2004, 08:52:57 pm »
Quote:

then assuming that Atolm would grant your permission, i wish you luck.  

Me Kitbash your kidding right i dont even know how to use Milkshape to add textures nah im no where near qualified in kitbashing anything other than a bad cold into the flu i will leave that job to the pros

manitoba

« Reply #245 on: May 28, 2004, 11:18:20 pm »
yeah F_W is waiting for me to kitbash it then he'll texture it.  right F_W  

Sandman3D

« Reply #246 on: May 28, 2004, 11:36:54 pm »
Man, all this over one little question!

Guys, since this is foremost Buzz's baby, with a whole lot of Azel thrown in, it's their choice...that's why I asked. This is like a contract job...I'm just doing it for free. Some of us can design, some of us can model, and a very few of us can do both...guess which I am. Buzz had the vision, Azel had the skill to design it, and I had the skills (somewhat ) to model it. We can debate things, but, when Buzz or Azel says no, it's no, as is only right. You've all had good ideas that were considered, some adopted, and some not...but still it's their baby. SOOOOOO, no more getting snippy with the master, or Gollum will have to hurt you, Gollum will.

Seriously though, let the fighter debate end, at least in this thread.  

Reverend

« Reply #247 on: May 28, 2004, 11:47:41 pm »
great
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Reverend »

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #248 on: May 29, 2004, 09:34:28 am »
Quote:

yeah F_W is waiting for me to kitbash it then he'll texture it.  right F_W    

but of course dude that is always the plan

Sandman3D

« Reply #249 on: May 29, 2004, 11:50:24 am »
OK, I'll post some pics tonight...almost have the bridge/impulse module done. Only have a few hours at night to work on her, so taking a little more time. I'll be doing more work tomorrow...day off.  

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #250 on: May 29, 2004, 01:07:50 pm »
yay more groovy pics, oh sandman i was wondering when your done with the titan what prjects are you doing because i have a great i dea i knows its been done already but its a poor armada version but would you be willing to make up the U.S.S. Typhon from Star Trek Invasion for the playstaion i can get the specs of her and many multi angled pics if your up to it

olbuzzard

« Reply #251 on: May 29, 2004, 05:13:18 pm »
Quote:

OK, I'll post some pics tonight...almost have the bridge/impulse module done. Only have a few hours at night to work on her, so taking a little more time. I'll be doing more work tomorrow...day off.  

Hey bud ..  if any one understands that time issue thingy ..  it's me.  Take care of home first ..  that is always the #1 priority  ( of course you already know that ....  just a little reasurance that we know where yoy are comming from )

I can't wait to see the picts.  Hopefully I should have a little free time this evening and tomorrow.

As always your efforts are appreciated.

thanks

Sandman3D

Re: Titan WIP ***MORE PICS 5/30/04***
« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2004, 12:49:19 pm »
OK, here's a few of the bridge/impulse module. Whatcha think? And yes, I will be re-doing the primary windows...just wanted to get more of the rest done, or I'll never get to it, tweaking and re-tweaking....there comes a time when ya have to say good enough...hell, that's what our great re-texturers are for.

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2004, 02:46:09 pm »
ive just had an idea about the trenches perhaps where the groove is there could be somesort of either phaser array or a type of moveable torpedo turrent that moves up along the grooves since cardasian have that type of mobile turrents in there space stations, star fleet my have "borrowed" the idea its just an idea and thought i might throw it to the wolves for the taking

Sandman3D

« Reply #254 on: May 31, 2004, 10:55:55 am »
Geez, no comments? Dang, I must doing everything right now.  

Ryker

« Reply #255 on: May 31, 2004, 11:10:45 am »
Looking sharp, as usual!

Would like to suggest a couple of things though- the black area at the back of the saucer, is that to be worked on further? Also, I'd recommend making the phaser strips thinner (and a slightly lighter colour)- again, to lend scale.

One more thing   if I may- is the Impulse Engine vent area to be worked on at all? It looks like the front of K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider  

She's really coming together!    

Kaenyne

« Reply #256 on: June 02, 2004, 02:02:30 pm »
Neat! Neat! Neat!  

Azel

« Reply #257 on: June 02, 2004, 02:11:29 pm »
AWESOME Update!!!
Your doing a hell of a job mate

Sandman3D

« Reply #258 on: June 02, 2004, 04:36:50 pm »
Thanx guys!!

Sorry for the delay in responding....been a real hectic past couple of days, the curse of RL and all. I'm gonna start the bottom of the primary today, I should have pics tonight.  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #259 on: June 03, 2004, 01:12:30 am »
The impulse engine area looks wrong. The darker areas on either side of impulse,(to me) seem to "disrupt the flow of the rear saucer area", I dunno maybe it's just me but it seems "OFF"? I'm lousy at discription sir.

I'm basing my judgements on this pic vs. the WIP

Azel's sketch has it more "angled"?  

Great job though sir.