Topic: Titan WIP  (Read 17900 times)

olbuzzard

Re: Titan WIP ***MORE PICS 5/30/04***
« Reply #260 on: June 03, 2004, 07:41:59 am »
I'm at work...  DSL here soooo  I can finally look at this baby !!  Looks great in many areas...  don't for get Sandman to taper the impulse areas so it is a smoother transition ..   wider taper and smoother transition closer to the saucer...

the rest is looking great sir !!  I'll see if can find the picts at home we sent ya and spot them on the other WIP.  

thanks again !

ahhh  found the top view of what I was looking for already posted.  (ignore the borg thingy)

« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 07:47:22 am by olbuzzard »

ModelsPlease

Re: Titan WIP ***MORE PICS 5/30/04***
« Reply #261 on: June 03, 2004, 08:00:44 am »
Thanks Ol'Buzzard,lol that's what I was trying to say.  

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
Re: Titan WIP
« Reply #262 on: October 29, 2004, 02:38:45 pm »
Bump for news, sorry buzz azel and sandman but this was a good project that disapeered.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2004, 02:45:04 pm »
Ohhhh I never even saw this.... great stuff man.... not sure about the borg bits though... the rest is awsome! ;D

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #264 on: October 29, 2004, 06:27:00 pm »
Yes  ..  this was quite a project ..  shared by many.  I'll see if I can find the history MP did ..  hang on..

(Ol Buzzard goes down hall way ..  opens file drawers ..  Hmmmmmm ..  it's in here some where .....)

AH !  HA !  here it is !!

(The following is a copy from a post made by MP several months ago !)

Federation Titan Class Advanced Deterrence Dreadnaught USS TITAN NCC-76452

In 2365 construction began on the Sovereign Class starship and soon after Starfleet realized it's need for a TRUE Dreadnaught to compliment the Sovereign so in 2368 Utopia Planitia begins construction of the Titan Class . Over the course of the next several years,the Titan Class goes through several revisions due to flaws discovered in the Galaxy Class design,and with lessons learned during Starfleets battle with the Borg in 2373,and the Dominion War.In 2375 after the Enterprise's Brier Patch incident Starfleet orders a new nacelle design to be fitted for the Titan.In 2376 the Nx Titan begins her preliminary shakedown trials.In 2377 the Titan receives her final revisions after being refitted with technologies recently returned with the starship Voyager.And in 2378 the newly christened USS TITAN NCC-76452 is launched with Captain William Riker in command.

Short,simple,and canon.
------------------------

it should be noted that this was one of my first projects here in the community...  it was fun.  For now WZ has the over all project and has already made several notable changes.  I personally eagerly await its conclusion.

thanks
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2004, 11:34:10 am »
Yes  ..  this was quite a project ..  shared by many.  I'll see if I can find the history MP did ..  hang on..

(Ol Buzzard goes down hall way ..  opens file drawers ..  Hmmmmmm ..  it's in here some where .....)

AH !  HA !  here it is !!

(The following is a copy from a post made by MP several months ago !)

Federation Titan Class Advanced Deterrence Dreadnaught USS TITAN NCC-76452

In 2365 construction began on the Sovereign Class starship and soon after Starfleet realized it's need for a TRUE Dreadnaught to compliment the Sovereign so in 2368 Utopia Planitia begins construction of the Titan Class . Over the course of the next several years,the Titan Class goes through several revisions due to flaws discovered in the Galaxy Class design,and with lessons learned during Starfleets battle with the Borg in 2373,and the Dominion War.In 2375 after the Enterprise's Brier Patch incident Starfleet orders a new nacelle design to be fitted for the Titan.In 2376 the Nx Titan begins her preliminary shakedown trials.In 2377 the Titan receives her final revisions after being refitted with technologies recently returned with the starship Voyager.And in 2378 the newly christened USS TITAN NCC-76452 is launched with Captain William Riker in command.

Short,simple,and canon.
------------------------

it should be noted that this was one of my first projects here in the community...  it was fun.  For now WZ has the over all project and has already made several notable changes.  I personally eagerly await its conclusion.

thanks

I too eagelry wait to see what WZ does to the Titan as I have no where near his skills,not to mention F_W has me slaving away on several projects at the moment.And I'm still just learning how to play with my crayons LOL
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2004, 08:28:32 pm »
Well, I could always start back on her...my version, not WZ's improved one, but...this time I won't post pics until done...I really got frustrated before, to the point of daily migraines, so I'll finish her, then release, then y'all can hack her up to your hearts content. ;) Hell, sometimes the re-texturer fixes her so well the original fades away........... ;D

Let me know if you want me to finish her as is. :)
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2004, 08:35:50 pm »
I say go for it.Ya can never have too many ships flying around.Maybe by the time it's near ready F_W will let me up for air (J/K) and we can help ya out.Just don't over do it and give yourself more headaches sir.We have all waited this long,we can wait as long as ya need......................Is it done yet? :rofl:
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2004, 10:15:34 pm »
Sandman ..   If ya decide to fire the project back up ..  here is the last comprehensive overview of the design.  Use this info if ya can ... If not ..  that is strictly up to you.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #269 on: October 30, 2004, 10:59:22 pm »
F9thOlbuzzard, you have a great eye for detail. I love the way you have been tweaking this along. Am I correct that Sandman is the principle modeler? If so, hats off.

I looked at page 9 and I'm really exicted at how this is taking shape. Looks as if you are 75% there. Keep up the good work you two. ;)

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #270 on: October 30, 2004, 11:24:25 pm »
Thanx, it'll take awhile, but I'll get her done. ;D

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #271 on: October 30, 2004, 11:43:13 pm »
Thanx, it'll take awhile, but I'll get her done. ;D

COOL !!

:dance:

Offline darkthunder

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • If you see me running, try to keep up.
    • digital-Underground
« Reply #272 on: November 30, 2004, 04:05:04 pm »
Bump for update. I sure hope this great design doesnt go to waste... it was looking better and better there for each passing update.
// Darkthunder

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #273 on: November 30, 2004, 08:48:35 pm »
Look for the "TITAN WIP THREAD #3" in the main list. :)