Topic: Federation Mega-Starbase and Orion Wormhole Base  (Read 931 times)

ModelsPlease

« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 08:45:08 pm by ModelsPlease »

Dizzy

Re: Federation Mega-Starbase
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 05:42:01 am »
OMG! I about threw up from the nausea I experienced from looking at the planet spin the other opposite direction of the base... Ugghhh. It looks like mb the planet is inside out... no... that cant be... Why does it move like that... ::tosses:: Its spinning wrong... Im upside down... ::pukes again:: Oh no... Im so sick... This convoluted movement is all wrong... It cant possible move like that.. ::Pukes::

uggghhh!

Neat model tho... I wonder what it would look like on the game if it spun...  ::tosses::

Klingon Fanatic

Re: Federation Mega-Starbase and ???
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 07:57:55 pm »
BUMP

KF
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 07:58:43 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

ModelsPlease

Re: Federation Mega-Starbase and ???
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 08:16:43 pm »
Quote:

BUMP

KF  

Check out my Surfs Up thread for more updates on what vintage stuff I've found KF  

MarianoDT

Re: Federation Mega-Starbase
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 08:51:18 pm »
Quote:

OMG! I about threw up from the nausea I experienced from looking at the planet spin the other opposite direction of the base... Ugghhh. It looks like mb the planet is inside out... no... that cant be... Why does it move like that... ::tosses:: Its spinning wrong... Im upside down... ::pukes again:: Oh no... Im so sick... This convoluted movement is all wrong... It cant possible move like that.. ::Pukes::

uggghhh!

Neat model tho... I wonder what it would look like on the game if it spun...  ::tosses::  

You get that effect by mirroring the mesh in max. When you convert it to .mod it is like inside out.
If you put a normal mesh inside this you have like a glass shell surrounding a model.!!!
I once tried to make a planet water (like the one in voyager) with a "normal" core and a water textured mirrored sphere but it isnīt look good enough..... but, it was worth the try.....

Mariano