Topic: If ever there was a reason to move to Vermont, this is it.  (Read 11684 times)

Capt. Mike

Re: If ever there was a reason to move to Vermont, this is it.
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2004, 05:34:51 pm »
Anyone ever use an old PSM-2 megger?  Generates over 500 volts from a crank handle...just toss one wire (about 25' long, with 10' exposed (preferabley the end in the water)) to the left, and one to the right...then start cranking...just a litlle electro-shock therapy  

It's good to work in calibration lab..so many interesting things to play with  

Mike

P.S.  And we're just getting set up to do lasers & fibre optics...cool stuff

Dracho

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2004, 06:21:32 pm »
It's called "Telephoning Catfish" because you can also use an old hand-cranked telephone.

Just don't do it from an aluminium boat.. (don't ask).  

Khalee

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2004, 06:24:19 pm »
Quote:

(don't ask).  

Thats like saying don't push this button. Did you get zaped in the back side by any chance.

Dracho

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2004, 06:31:50 pm »
Let's just say that I and my cousin, who could not have been the brightest of teenagers decided to try it, after hearing tall tales from our fathers.   It was something like what a sausage must feel when it is dropped into a hot skillet..being barefooted didn't help..

Of course, I once talked him into peeing on an electric fence.. and he assures me that was much worse..  

J. Carney

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2004, 08:44:13 pm »
Noodling... Telephoning... all you guys left out was dynamite or similar explosive devices (black powder in sealed cans with waterproof fuse). Just be careful how much powder you use.

Starting to sound a little like home.

Capt. Mike

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2004, 09:11:28 pm »
Jeez 762, you live on Long Island...try growing up where I did north of Buffalo...or live here in Nebraska..no trees to slow the wind

Mike

jualdeaux

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2004, 09:35:58 pm »
Quote:

Jeez 762, you live on Long Island...try growing up where I did north of Buffalo...or live here in Nebraska..no trees to slow the wind

Mike

yeah, the only thing that blocks the wind up there is an occassional stray reindeer between you and the artic circle.

Capt. Mike

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2004, 09:42:10 pm »
So, you've been to North Dakota, eh...a 156 ft between the highest point and lowest...state tree a telephone pole..state bird the mosquito.....

I did a TDY to Cavalier AFS...closer to Canada than the US...it is barren...they won't even turn you in for AWOL for 3 days, 'cause they can still see you running across the landscape  

Mike

Dracho

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2004, 10:37:15 pm »
And if you stand on your bumper and stare at the horizon, you can see the back of your own head...

Quote:

So, you've been to North Dakota, eh...a 156 ft between the highest point and lowest...state tree a telephone pole..state bird the mosquito.....

I did a TDY to Cavalier AFS...closer to Canada than the US...it is barren...they won't even turn you in for AWOL for 3 days, 'cause they can still see you running across the landscape  

Mike

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2004, 08:17:33 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Mike

yeah, the only thing that blocks the wind up there is an occassional stray reindeer between you and the artic circle.  

I've been to Minnesota in September and that was bad enough.  

Kmelew

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2004, 04:06:18 pm »
Quote:

Bah.. wussies.. using firearms.. real men let that big ole catfish bite 'em on the hand, then drag 'em out of the water and whup up on 'em.

http://www.okienoodling.com/

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/general/columns/sutton_keith/1336494.html

Well I couldn't believe  this when I saw it in the store today!