Topic: Problem with my old Orion Pirates game  (Read 8210 times)

Dyssan

Problem with my old Orion Pirates game
« on: May 18, 2004, 03:15:01 am »
I didn't see a specific Orion Pirates section to post in, so I hope this location is okay.
I loved playing SFC:OP, but with my new machine, it wont re- install.  Installation goes fine, until I try playing the first time, and it asks me for the CD Key.  Although it asks for the key, it wont let me enter anything.  No key responds or creates any entry on the cursor.  I can hit Enter, and have it complain about he bad CD key (that it wont let me type) or Exit.  Either way, no game.
Can anyone help?  I can't find any Infogrames or Taldren Orion Pirates support links that dont either dead-end or lead to the startrek.com sight.
I have already applied the patch, which makes the game version 5.

Thanks.
 Dyssan      

Scipio_66

Re: Problem with my old Orion Pirates game
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 06:33:13 am »
Quote:

I didn't see a specific Orion Pirates section to post in, so I hope this location is okay.
I loved playing SFC:OP, but with my new machine, it wont re- install.  Installation goes fine, until I try playing the first time, and it asks me for the CD Key.  Although it asks for the key, it wont let me enter anything.  No key responds or creates any entry on the cursor.  I can hit Enter, and have it complain about he bad CD key (that it wont let me type) or Exit.  Either way, no game.
Can anyone help?  I can't find any Infogrames or Taldren Orion Pirates support links that dont either dead-end or lead to the startrek.com sight.

Thanks.
 Dyssan      

I've had that happen before.

When it asks for the key, minimize that window and then bring it back.  (Alt-tab minimizes it, I think.)  You should then be able to enter the CD key.

-S'Cipio

Strafer

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 08:16:17 am »
Quote:

(Alt-tab minimizes it, I think.)  

Alt-Tab for Win9x, Windows key (start menu button) for 2K/XP. Then click on the OP app on the taskbar. The application will then have focus.

Dyssan

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 01:20:41 pm »
 Many thanks to both of you. I really appreciate the help!

Dyssan

Byzantine

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 04:59:01 pm »
I think ??? most OP stuff is in Dynaverse II Experiences forum.  That is the area for SF:EAW and OP  

Pestalence

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 11:11:30 am »
Also, to help resolve this issue, delete your desktop shortcut, then go into your SFC OP game directory or do a search on your system and find the StarfleetOP.exe file, right click it and select COPY, then right click on your desktop and select Paste Shortcut. You can rename the shortcut to whatever you want. This will fix 2 bugs with the game, including not being able to enter key strokes and missing shuttles and fighters in game.

Kurok

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 07:02:32 pm »
Bump for Skawpya
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kurok »

Dragon93

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 02:16:35 pm »
This is an old problem that has to do with the opening movie stealing the focus for the keyboard and not letting it go again when it launches the game.

The best way to fix this is to skip the opening movie altogether by changing your shortcut to point to StarFleetOP.exe of SFC2:OP or to StarFleet2.exe for SFC2:EAW

Dyssan

Problem with my old Orion Pirates game
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2004, 03:15:01 am »

Thanks.
 Dyssan      

Scipio_66

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2004, 06:33:13 am »
Quote:

Thanks.
 Dyssan      

I've had that happen before.

When it asks for the key, minimize that window and then bring it back.  (Alt-tab minimizes it, I think.)  You should then be able to enter the CD key.

-S'Cipio

Strafer

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2004, 08:16:17 am »
Quote:

(Alt-tab minimizes it, I think.)  

Alt-Tab for Win9x, Windows key (start menu button) for 2K/XP. Then click on the OP app on the taskbar. The application will then have focus.

Dyssan

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2004, 01:20:41 pm »
 Many thanks to both of you. I really appreciate the help!

Dyssan

Byzantine

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2004, 04:59:01 pm »
I think ??? most OP stuff is in Dynaverse II Experiences forum.  That is the area for SF:EAW and OP  

Pestalence

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2004, 11:11:30 am »
Also, to help resolve this issue, delete your desktop shortcut, then go into your SFC OP game directory or do a search on your system and find the StarfleetOP.exe file, right click it and select COPY, then right click on your desktop and select Paste Shortcut. You can rename the shortcut to whatever you want. This will fix 2 bugs with the game, including not being able to enter key strokes and missing shuttles and fighters in game.

Kurok

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2004, 07:02:32 pm »
Bump for Skawpya
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kurok »

Dragon93

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2004, 02:16:35 pm »
This is an old problem that has to do with the opening movie stealing the focus for the keyboard and not letting it go again when it launches the game.

The best way to fix this is to skip the opening movie altogether by changing your shortcut to point to StarFleetOP.exe of SFC2:OP or to StarFleet2.exe for SFC2:EAW