Topic: API for SFC3  (Read 3504 times)

Centauri Vaughn

API for SFC3
« on: March 02, 2003, 04:02:54 pm »
Can someone please explain how you make new missions with the API for SFC3.
There are no addins / macros for the SFC3 API.  Basically what I need to know is how do you make new mission types, base states, ships, victory conditions etc. w/o editing the missions already in the API.

Thanks,

Centauri Vaughn  

Centauri Vaughn

Re: API for SFC3
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 11:52:31 am »
*Bump*

Awe, come on..Someone knows why those "Create Script" and "Script Object Command" Addins are not in the SFC3 API.
Some input would be helpfull.  

Centauri Vaughn

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2003, 01:16:09 pm »

Almost an entire month and still no responce..  Well, thats just great.

And people wonder why there are hardly any mission scripters out there.

awm3

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2003, 02:42:00 pm »
Hello!

.  That's a good question.  I have the API but have been too busy to use it yet.  I was about to suggest using the template for the mission type you want and then including the appropriate classes for the ships, etc. but I just took a look at the files for the API and realized there are no templates, so that idea goes out the window.  The only way I can see of doing it is to take one of the existing missions and remove all of the code specific to that mission, and then start creating your own (in essence creating and using your own template).  However, as I have little experience with the API,  if someone knows of a better way, I would be interested in hearing it as well.

awm3

**Smiley**

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2003, 06:37:15 pm »
Quote:

Almost an entire month and still no responce..  Well, thats just great.

And people wonder why there are hardly any mission scripters out there.

Be patient, that is the only thing I can tell you right now. SFC3 is still young and people are still learning it. Taldren didn't release a guide or walktrought for building mission, however they release the API for the admins. Most of the Admin know the basic for those API so it's easy for them to create new mission but until there an Admin that create a guide you will have to wait like everyone else. ED has reply to me  here he made a good guide for EAW and OP and will work on one for SFC3 but like you see there, it's take time.