Topic: OP Patch Status?  (Read 31807 times)

Strafer

Re: OP Patch Status?
« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2003, 09:12:42 pm »
Hey, is it just me or is the USS Australia in Tracey's latest sig image right-side-up?
I would've expected the bridge to be down-under myself.
<-- runs away now

TheSatyr

« Reply #261 on: March 17, 2003, 01:09:08 am »
and that is what is taking so long...people keep finding more things they want fixed and the delay on the patch keeps dragging on.  

Carrie

« Reply #262 on: March 17, 2003, 01:48:15 am »
How much longer would it take for a better API with some of the added suggestions of the forumites, Satyr? I'd hope not terribly long. But it'd probably mean having to test all the recompiled missions under it. eep. I guess it just depends on how much more they want for the script editing, to make OP more fun for all.

If the people making OP into everything it could be, above and beyond EAW, want the API updated, I'll wait longer for the patch and play EAW until then

Now while you're pondering that,  Fix the single player(client-side) D2 so I can run conquest properly. Or give whoever is working that a nice poke, to find out if they've made headway with it or not.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Carrie »

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #263 on: March 17, 2003, 06:12:22 am »
Quote:

Hey, is it just me or is the USS Australia in Tracey's latest sig image right-side-up?
I would've expected the bridge to be down-under myself.
<-- runs away now  

Actually... if you try looking at it from the front... yes, that's right, put yourself right in front of it... can you see the photon torpedoe tubes yet? You can? Excellant!
<makes a secret signal to the weapons officer>

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #264 on: March 17, 2003, 06:19:23 am »
Quote:

and that is what is taking so long...people keep finding more things they want fixed and the delay on the patch keeps dragging on.  

I have:
Microsoft Visual Studio v6.0 SP5
Both the EAW and OP API.
Written Mission Scripts (from scratch) for EAW that work.
All the source code to all the EAW and OP mission scripts (except the Starbase Construction mission)
and...
I'm in my 3rd year of a double degree in Computer Science at university and have completed all the C++ requirements (in fact, I got an 'A' average in 1st year).

If the only problem is recompiling OP scripts for a new API, then please, give me a NDA to sign and I'll do it myself...  

FireSoul

« Reply #265 on: March 17, 2003, 09:40:46 am »
Quote:

I have:
Microsoft Visual Studio v6.0 SP5
Both the EAW and OP API.
Written Mission Scripts (from scratch) for EAW that work.
All the source code to all the EAW and OP mission scripts (except the Starbase Construction mission)
and...
I'm in my 3rd year of a double degree in Computer Science at university and have completed all the C++ requirements (in fact, I got an 'A' average in 1st year).

If the only problem is recompiling OP scripts for a new API, then please, give me a NDA to sign and I'll do it myself...    

So would I.
I *have* signed an NDA long ago, andI would recompile them all too if a new API came out. I would also have to recompile the CoopAce script, btw.

But.
.. there will be no new OP Scripting API in this patch. That's what I meant by 'no'. The reason is .. the patch is pretty much completely ready as it is, unless someone finds a bad bug. Testing continues. There won't be anything else added at this time (at all) to the current patch.

-- Luc

FireSoul

« Reply #266 on: March 17, 2003, 09:46:46 am »
Quote:

It's in Taldren OP sources.. and I have no doubt it could be compiled within EAW without too many problems.

http://klingon.stasis.ca/sources_and_utils/OP_Scripts.zip

Carrie

« Reply #267 on: March 17, 2003, 03:18:53 pm »
Yes, its 'in testing' again. And you should be testing it instead of posting on the forum so much, to get it out faster

Because I don't believe statements to 'watch the announcements', I'm certain a post over here will announce in all fanfare that the OP patch is up.. And then I will go back to waiting for the clientside Dyna patch, so I can play singleplayer with your and NuclearWessels' stuff, and have just as fun as I'd have online, and even maybe try playing online again.

Toasty0

« Reply #268 on: March 17, 2003, 04:09:14 pm »
Quote:

Yes, its 'in testing' again. And you should be testing it instead of posting on the forum so much, to get it out faster

Because I don't believe statements to 'watch the announcements', I'm certain a post over here will announce in all fanfare that the OP patch is up.. And then I will go back to waiting for the clientside Dyna patch, so I can play singleplayer with your and NuclearWessels' stuff, and have just as fun as I'd have online, and even maybe try playing online again.  

Hmmm...you sound soooo...ummm....happy.

Best,
Jerry  

FireSoul

« Reply #269 on: March 17, 2003, 04:19:52 pm »
Quote:

Me?
I'm done testing. I'm happy with it and gave my "good to go" this weekend.
.. that and the fact that I play with Strafer and others at a Lan party every weekend with my latest works, and we always brought along the latest test patch. (with permission)

.. so what was said is accurate: watch for the announcement.
-- Luc

Carrie

« Reply #270 on: March 17, 2003, 08:08:56 pm »
And they all said 'good to go', hmm?

I'll be watching then. And even more grumpy every day it doesn't show up

FireSoul

« Reply #271 on: March 17, 2003, 08:19:33 pm »
Someone did find a bug after all, but it's D2 related.  (it's in the readme.txt but never got coded)
We'll see what Taldren decides to do about it.

-- Luc

Carrie

« Reply #272 on: March 17, 2003, 08:24:02 pm »
D2 related? /single player/ D2 related, and possibly involved with the single player problems I've been having trying any conquest campaigns? I'll wait in that case.

Toasty0

« Reply #273 on: March 17, 2003, 08:44:04 pm »
Quote:

Someone did find a bug after all, but it's D2 related.  (it's in the readme.txt but never got coded)
We'll see what Taldren decides to do about it.

-- Luc  

Someone?

Watch Luc test. Test, Luc, test....yadda yadda yadda....blah blah blah...and all that jazz.

Best,
Jerry  

FireSoul

« Reply #274 on: March 17, 2003, 08:53:57 pm »
Quote:

Someone?
Watch Luc test. Test, Luc, test....yadda yadda yadda....blah blah blah...and all that jazz.

Hey. I might've been responsible for some of the delays (because I found problems) .. but this one wasn't mine!
-- Luc

Carrie

« Reply #275 on: March 17, 2003, 09:36:45 pm »
Oh dear, now people are pointing fingers at each other for holding the patch up. That is.. .sad.

Silly people

FireSoul

« Reply #276 on: March 17, 2003, 10:18:59 pm »
Hey. Be nice to the testers.

We're evil.  

Carrie

« Reply #277 on: March 17, 2003, 11:55:13 pm »
Quote:

Hey. Be nice to the testers.

We're evil.    

Yes, FS. I'm sure that you are.

Mog

« Reply #278 on: March 18, 2003, 02:02:03 am »
Phaser B fixed yet? Mauler fixed?

How about making one change to the ai - stop it firing its point defence phasers at enemy ships at completely ineffective ranges, so that it can atually have better drone defence?

TheSatyr

« Reply #279 on: March 18, 2003, 03:28:27 am »
Geez...I was responsible for the SFC3 patch needing a new revision and nobody ever got on my case about it.*laffin*

Be nice to Fire Soul,or else he'll keep the patch tied up in testing till judgement day. hehehehehehe