Topic: SCS and Dreadnoughts RELEASED  (Read 5070 times)

Wolfsglen

SCS and Dreadnoughts RELEASED
« on: June 07, 2004, 06:25:04 pm »
Come Get Some!

Please note, some of the following were already released by other people, i am not taking credit for them, i have merely fixed up and tweaked part of the mesh or textures (For example, made the center warp nacelle of P81's Star League glow on both sides, fixed a slight clipping problem on the pylon etc), added or changed hardpoints and LODs and so on, others are original kitbashes (if such a description exists lol) by myself. Full Credits and Info are in the zips.

All these ships bar the Star League have the Ascension name and registry, i purposely left it this way as i am absolutely crap with textures, and thought i would leave it to more capable hands to rename/reregister them. As far as i know, there are no problems with these ships, they all worked fine for me in-game, im kinda rushing them out a bit as i have a seriously busy few weeks coming up, so apologies if you get any probs. Enjoy!

Hosting Courtesy of Starfleet Universe:

Ascension Class:

Download  HERE

Federation Class Refit:

Download  HERE

Bismark Class:

Download  HERE

Alexander Class:

Download  HERE

(Another) Federation Class:

Download  HERE

NEW SCS ADDED:

Download  HERE

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Wolfsglen »

Fallen_Warrior

Re: The DREADNOUGHTS are comin' !
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 06:38:10 pm »
not bad its nice to see some old connie bashes brought back to life any other ships planed i would love to see some miranda and souyz maybe even an akula or 2 and of course other race ships from the same era

Mariner

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 08:03:29 pm »
Hey Wolfsglen, can you try your hand at the Entente-Class (aka Federation refit) from Brad's SSTCSMUA? It seems to share more in common with it's predecessor than the P81 Star League, which always had a badly formed hull IMO.

http://www.sub-odeon.com/stsstcsmua/federation/federation_refit.html

But, there's also another minor request. Is it possible for you to "graft" the saucer of Lord Schtupp's Federation onto the Entente once she's done and refit it? Although the Enterprise saucer was larger than the Conny's, the original Federation had a much larger saucer than either! It does not make sense for such a vital conponent to be downsized, because they would then lose much space for weapons.

Also, are you interested in making the Coeur De Lion on John Payne's site? It's the perfect TMP battleship, better than the Excelsior even!

http://www.inpayne.com/models/kitbash/trekpage_lion.html

mmmm, megaphasers

Rogue

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 08:20:31 pm »
Very nice. Very, very nice. I am particlarly happy about that Ascension. For some reason I like it for the F-DNL and the Ascension made from early P81 parts was a little defective. This should be the perfect solution for all that texture tweaking that wasn't really fixing that one. Thanks for doing these and I, for one, will be looking forward to these.  

DonKarnage

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 08:31:49 pm »
cool ship, where can i get them?

Marauth

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 09:03:57 pm »
Only one Ascension has been made from P81 parts to my knowledge and that there is so obviously it, but tweaked as the author said. I remember I had problems with backwards registries on on nacelle, can't think of anything else wrong with it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Marauth »

Wolfsglen

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 05:39:11 am »
Thanks guys, yes the backward registries was one of the things i fixed on them, most of them still say "Ascension" even on non-Ascension ships, but i thought i would leave the actual registrys/saucer names and fonts etc to someone much better at it. All will have LODs for SFC:OP too, now that i figured out how to do em   Otherwise it was mesh fixing and tweaks and slight texture changes on the existing ships made by others.

Mariner, i will certainly take a look, they would make nice additions and would be an interesting project for me next If you have any tweaks or custom changes in mind for them drop me a PM or catch me on MSN if you see me there.

Release should be this weekend once i get the hardpoints done (urgh)

KOL_Grim

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 05:58:08 am »

Sweet ships  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 07:21:41 am »
I have the Coeur de lion if ya want it Mariner. Great work Wolfsglen sir, I look forward to D/L'ing them.

-MP  

Wolfsglen

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 07:33:31 am »
And just a sneaky preview for the future, a weird (and unfinished) Oriskany-based Space Control Ship:

Kaenyne

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2004, 08:42:08 am »
Very nice birds!

Rogue

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2004, 12:54:23 pm »
Quote:

Only one Ascension has been made from P81 parts to my knowledge and that there is so obviously it, but tweaked as the author said. I remember I had problems with backwards registries on on nacelle, can't think of anything else wrong with it.

The very on. It was a starship I had been tinkering with to see how good it could be. The main thing is that the warp nacelles didn't come out very well. That and a number of other nitpicky things when you look closely at it. It still looks decent when played, though. I was planning on learning to kitbash on this particular model as it is compatible with P81's Hatfield DN. Between those two models is everything you need to make a new improved Ascension. I still might do so as a learning exercise but Wolfsglen's looks just fabulous and will undoubtably be the model of choice for the Ascension.      

Chrystoff

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2004, 01:01:23 pm »
Quote:

I was planning on learning to kitbash on this particular model as it is compatible with P81's Hatfield DN

So, there is a chance you might be bashing a new Hatfield? That would be great!!    

Wolfsglen

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2004, 01:36:48 pm »

Quote:

I was planning on learning to kitbash on this particular model as it is compatible with P81's Hatfield DN. Between those two models is everything you need to make a new improved Ascension. I still might do so as a learning exercise  

Please do still try, my skills are still pretty non-existent and limited purely to kitbashing as i learn my way around Max and what it can do, so its very likely you will improve on what i do, plus we need all the choices and interpretations we can get!

Kaenyne

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2004, 01:54:00 pm »
Not to get OT, but was there an "updated" Bonaventure II still on your plate?

Wolfsglen

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 02:33:21 pm »
Bonaventure is all finished and is circulating with at least one person here   Was planning on getting some webspace soon and putting her up with the other bashes and hacks i have made, but if its in demand i can upload her someplace for a bit.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Wolfsglen »

Kaenyne

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2004, 02:36:56 pm »
Okey Dokey. Just checking.

DonKarnage

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2004, 03:45:49 pm »
Quote:

And just a sneaky preview for the future, a weird (and unfinished) Oriskany-based Space Control Ship:

nice ship, but i don't like the small torpedo tube, can you put a bether one?, just asking, and when will your ship be ready???? i will download them

Marauth

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2004, 03:53:42 pm »
That's a big torp tube, it's a doubled-up one from P81's Star League by the looks of it.

Wolfsglen

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2004, 04:05:35 pm »
Quote:

That's a big torp tube, it's a doubled-up one from P81's Star League by the looks of it.  

Exactly right   As is the current saucer on it. Oriskany-Style SCS is a long way away from being finished yet though, so lots of tweaking ahead for it.

Release for the other dreadnoughts *should* be this weekend, the models are all finished with LODs etc, i just got to get them hardpointed (not my favorite job lol)