Topic: Beta Testers Wanted  (Read 2188 times)

The_Pelican

Beta Testers Wanted
« on: March 03, 2003, 07:37:54 pm »
Mod - Pelican's Dominion Wars Mod

This mod is a heavily re-written version of the game. My intention was to make the game much quicker to play. I got tired of the 9/10 minute battles. There are plenty of extra ships, and the weapons have been changed to be more TNG like.

One part of the mod which I am particuarly happy with is the re-written and brand new dynaverse scripts. All the existing scripts were re-written. And four brand new scripts have been added. Which greatly improves the Dynaverse mode.
You also get a LOT more prestige for winning, and lose a lot for losing as well.

If you want more details, you can view the readme http://www.pwfe.com/Game/readme.txt

If you want to beta test the mod itself, contact me at thepelican001@btopenworld.com

(I apologise for posting basically the same post twice, but I can't edit my original post, and I've completely re-written the mod since).

ksfung

Re: Beta Testers Wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 08:42:40 am »
Shouldn't that readme file reference Activision instead of Interplay?

The_Pelican

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 10:38:50 am »
Yes, it probably should, I'll fix it soon enough.

quarterwit

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 12:25:39 pm »
Nine or ten minutes is an awfully long time.  What we really need is a tie-fighter mod where the ships fall apart after two hits.

All sarcasm aside, SFC3 is pretty dull, since there are so few tactics.  These custom missions look pretty good.  I keep going back to it for a few days and then getting bored and wandering away -- I played SFC1/2 for years, consistently returning from other games that might have distracted me, and I'd really like to do the same with SFC3.