Topic: The joys of kittens  (Read 8094 times)

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
Re: The joys of kittens
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2004, 11:42:06 pm »
And one more thing:  how can such a little crature produce SO MUCH POOP?????
I just cleaned out his litter box after letting it go for a couple days, and there was mre in there that he weighs!!!
Can't I just sew his butt closed?
CK

But tell me, can you heal what father's done?
Or fix this hole in a mother's son?
Can you heal the broken worlds within?
Can you strip away so we may start again?
Tell me, can you heal what father's done?
Or cut this rope and let us run?
Just when all seems fine, and I'm pain free, you jab another pin,
Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline kmelew

• "From the Place of the Hops-Growers"
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2004, 11:45:54 pm »
Don't let it go too long or he'll start to leave his "care packages" around the house in protest...  ;D
"I'm Kmelew, and I approve this post."

Offline Gambler

• Lt. Commander
  • Don't bet on it
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2004, 10:52:35 am »
We were talking at work yesterday about the fun of cats and kittens.  She told us the following story.

Years ago the cat slept on the bed with her and her ex-husband.  The ex had this habbit of playing with the cat, running his finger up and down under the sheet and the cat would pounce on it.  She kept telling him not to teach the cat to do that.

One morning he woke up in a semi-exuberant state, rolled over in bed, and WHAM.  The cat deflated his exuberance quite rapidly.
I'm a Man
But I can change
If I have to
I guess

WWJKD - What Would Jim Kirk Do

I thank God I grew up in an age when a kid could still play with things that could put his eye out.

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2004, 11:54:50 am »
ROFLMAO   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
It's funny that this comes back up now, cuz I just came on here to start another Saber thread.
Hope the guy recovered...
CK

Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2004, 12:54:16 pm »
Saber has, of late, decided to look elsewere for attention.  He apparently felt the need for a mentor, a parent figure if you will.  Since he reached this momentous decison for someone of this caliber, he's come accross my dad's 14 year old Vizla Samantha.  Samantha doesn't do so much these days.  yes she's old, but Vizlas tend to live a long time.  She has a couple years yet before she reaches the end of the average vizla lifespan, and she's in really good shape, she's just gotten lazy is all.  She has spent the last several months in her recliner that was once my father's where she will sit all day long.  Well, Vizlas typically have one third of their tails docked off.  and aren't particularly fuzzy or fluffyand seeing this stubby little tail wagging at an emormously high rate is too much of a temptation for Saber, who, of course, attacks with all his might.  When hes done playing with her tail he'll typically play with her long floppy ears, sometimes bath her with his toungue and cuddle up next to her side.
Now, this is incredibly cute and fun to watch, except there is one problem: whereas at one time Sam liked nothing better than to play with kittens and cats, she's lived the last few years with no other animals around, and has become a bit crotchity and cranky.  This kitten's attention is a little much for Sam, who will often snap at Saber, who is just more enticed by this.
Fun fun fun...
CK

Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline Gambler

• Lt. Commander
  • Don't bet on it
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2004, 10:30:48 am »
Harper, the kitten I mentioned previously has made a few changes in his personality since we picked up Holly last weekend.  He is around 4-5 months old, she is 18 months.  He has now decided that he likes to sit on my desk and watch the cursor move around on my monitor, sometimes taking swipes at it.

Under my monitor I have a set of Star Trek miniatures my wife bought me for christmas a few years ago.  He seems to prefer the Fed ships to chew on.
I'm a Man
But I can change
If I have to
I guess

WWJKD - What Would Jim Kirk Do

I thank God I grew up in an age when a kid could still play with things that could put his eye out.

Offline Grand Master of Shadows NCC37385

• Captain
  • 107th Confederate Militia! Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • Gun Kit Builders
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2004, 10:50:21 am »
2 kittens- skinned, cleaned, and cut into pieces
1 C Orange juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 whole bay leaf...oh, wait! Wrong thread!  ;D

I'm God's gift to women!

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.-Robert A. Heinlein

Help control the idiot population. Have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2004, 11:09:11 am »
1 C Orange juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Feline a`la Orange, Shadow?

I feel like making it sometimes, especially when my new baby forgets that Daddy isn't wearing pants and climbs my leg to get to my lap.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

• Captain
    • Gun Kit Builders
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2004, 11:13:54 am »
1 C Orange juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Feline a`la Orange, Shadow?

I feel like making it sometimes, especially when my new baby forgets that Daddy isn't wearing pants and climbs my leg to get to my lap.

Hehehe. Ya never know. We are Southrons after all.  ;D

I'm God's gift to women!

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2004, 12:19:33 pm »
I'll have to keep this recipe on file....
CK

Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

• Captain
    • Gun Kit Builders
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2004, 05:55:15 pm »
I'll have to keep this recipe on file....

hehehehe.  ;D

I'm God's gift to women!

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2004, 02:44:15 pm »
Well, Saber received his very first bath today. 
I started with my dad's dog, bathing her in the tub, when Saber came by to see what was going on and to play with her.  Samantha didn't like the taunting, but she endured, and we finished her bath session without incident.  After we were done he continued to chase Sam around and mess with her until I decided it was his turn now since he had never had a bath and I had had him for over a month.  Saber was quite content to go back into the bathroom, since it's one of his favorite explring areas, but once I shut the door with both of uis in there, he knew something was up.  He began to get a little agitated, and wanted less to do with observing the bathtub slowly filling with water like has had when Sam was in there and jsut prior to my shutting the door.  When the water was sufficiently deep for my tastes I picked Saber up and put him in side, the poor little guy just loo0ked up at me as if to ask "why??"  The bath didn't take long, and I learned all I really had to do was keep one hand on him at all times or he would dart out of the tub, drenching me in the process.  He's still small, and his coat hasn't fluffed out completely yet, but I was still surprised at the difference in how he looked wet vs. dry.  He sat nicely in the tub, for the most part, not even a squeak out of him.  Things went well, Saber just staring up with that questioning look with his drenched, now somewhat smaller looking face.  When done I tried to get my hands on a digital camera, but it wasn't available, and saber was now squeaking at me from the empty tub, I assume because he was getting cold.  I scooped him up in a fresh towel, wrapped him up in my arms and petted him with the towel that, except for his head, completely encapsulated him.  he just lay there, in my arms, letting me hold him until the towel was completely soaked and I let him go to finish the job himself.  Now Samantha was returning the favor of taunting.  I called Saber over to my lap with some pounce kitty treats (gave him 2 for his great behavior) and he licked the excess water off of himself on my lap.  i decided to make an exception to my "no kitten on the lap" rule (see first post in this topic), and he is laying there sleeping now, apparently exhausted from his ordeal.
Not bad for his first time in the tub...
CK

Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline Iceman

• 1st Lieutenant
  • Lt.
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2004, 02:48:28 pm »
Yeah I gave my cat a bath. Once.
I believe this belongs to you. -Commander Sheehan to Imperial Captain Smithy
"Wedge, it's amazing how deceptive you can be without actually lying." -Tycho Celchu

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2004, 03:17:03 pm »

Perhaps you do not know how to properly wash a cat.  If all else fails, fill the toilet with soap and shampoo, throw the cat in and shut the toilet lid quickly, sitting on it for further security, flush 2-3 times.  Stand aside and leave a path out of the door while you lift the toilet lid.  cat will air dry at it';s own pace...
CK

Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline Khalee

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2004, 03:34:56 pm »

Perhaps you do not know how to properly wash a cat.  If all else fails, fill the toilet with soap and shampoo, throw the cat in and shut the toilet lid quickly, sitting on it for further security, flush 2-3 times.  Stand aside and leave a path out of the door while you lift the toilet lid.  cat will air dry at it';s own pace...

Looks a Clark with murder in eyes. GRRRRRRRR And gives one Negitive karma point for his paragragh

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2004, 03:38:12 pm »

Looks a Clark with murder in eyes. GRRRRRRRR And gives one Negitive karma point for his paragragh

That is SO uncool dude- was just kidding!!!    :P :P
CK

Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2004, 03:46:19 pm »
Well, I guess it's time for A Poo Update.

you know that Guy Mr. Hankey from South Park. he is much more adorable then My kitten Poo.

Where to start. Ok Just today, Poo has Decided that my Monitor is Her personal Perch. This is fine , Cats like warm areas. Except she walks right across my desk, Knocking over mail, cd's, Bashing on the keys on My Keyboard, and then, THEN she Stares at me like what the hell's your problem.

Then She has discovered the cable Box by the Tv. No Problem except she seems to know that when I pick up the remote control, Its time to hang over the front of the box and Play Stupid.

BTW. Have you all seen those Commercials for Learning how to fly for just $49.00 for your first lesson. Poo's about to get that first Lesson for Free.

Stephen

PS. No animals where harmed in making this post.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline interloper

• DAZED AND CONFUSED, SNAFU
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • mines are loaded and the motor is redlined
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2004, 03:48:50 pm »
I thought it was a good idea..... as interloper goes to find the neighbor's
cat who deficated on his newly washed truck bed...   ;D
Remembering U of I #40, Always in our hearts and minds
"don't think you understand what I told you until I tell you what you understand! Do you understand what I am saying?"
OF ALL THINGS LOST I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.......    ?

"What is the vector victor?"
"Rodger, roger."
"I picked a helluva day to quit drinking"

ITS ALL MIND OVER MATTER, IF YOU DON'T MIND IT DON'T MATTER

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2004, 03:51:21 pm »
I was wondering when we would get a new Poo update.  yeah, cats do that kinda thing, Saber likes to lie on my shoulders after i implemented the no kitten on the lap policy.
CK

Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2004, 03:52:10 pm »
I still need to get some pics for you Clark.

Stephen thinking to himself Damn Poo.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War