Topic: Is Home World 2 worth buying?  (Read 1767 times)

Ravok

Is Home World 2 worth buying?
« on: July 02, 2004, 02:11:47 am »
 I'm looking to by some new games, And i enjoyed the first one immensely.
 What do you guys think? :)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Is Home World 2 worth buying?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 11:55:59 am »
Yes and No. The SP Game is Basicly a Rehash of the First game, But It was a Darn Good Storyline so. The Ease of features Is where the Game really set's Itself apart from the First Game.

Besides, I've seen It Below 10 bocks here in Ok. Shop around and Give IT a try. It Is A Fun Game.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Grim

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 11:58:42 am »
hmm completley forgot about that game,was going to buy it a while back.

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 09:00:02 pm »
Could never get into Homeworld.  Too difficult for me.  Controls were really difficult.  I mean, it's pretty silly when you can't say to a group, "Intercept this group and attack them".  Setting the exact 3d course and then needing to update it if your guess is off was just too nutty for me.  I never got a large enough fleet to see any really cool battles, but it also seemed the game was pretty restricted in terms of actual fleet-based strategy.  You can use what the game has strategically, but I never saw anything that was particularly strategic in ship placement, formation, or manuevering.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD