Topic: LITTERBOX 5 :TIMELINES"  (Read 4366 times)

Offline Fluf

• KOTH Fluf Duke of Pies
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Always at fault
    • Knights of the Hegemony
LITTERBOX 5 :TIMELINES"
« on: July 04, 2004, 06:16:41 pm »

Litterbox 5 General Information

Litterbox 5 will be and OP and SFC3 Campaign running on separate servers, but with exactly the same maps. 

It will be a 3 week campaign. Starting date will be Monday July 5th at 8PM EST.

STORYLINE:

A Scientist in the 2263 era has made a device, which was the precurrsor of the Genisis Device that is affecting the Timelines of space, causing the fabric of time space to be torn apart.  The effect is resources from the early timeline are being sucked through time space "portals" into the future, which are creating planets in the future.  In other words, asteroid fields or protoplanet matter is being sucked through time to form worlds in the future. This is causing a slow drawing of resources in the past to the future, which then affects the future timeline.

THE VICTORY CONDITIONS:

The key VCs will be taking exact points on each map in the D2 and D3, which will simulate placing "Time Anchors" at these focal points and closing the "holes" in time and space.  I will be doing DB edits on the races econs during certain periods to show the effects of this phenomena.  So the more of these "focal points" (VCs) you take, the better your economy will be.  Also taking these focal points away from your enemies, will cause their econ to suffer.  So you can save your econ and destroy your enemies by working together on both maps.

On OP, you must take the blackhole hexes that are surrounded by asteroid fields. This is the anomoly that is sucking the matter into the future and draining your resources. The closer these Blackholes are to your empire, the more econ you will lose.

On SFC3- You must take all planets that are not in your origninal space that match these blackhole hexes.

This includes Cardassian, Ferengi and Pirate Space.  The closer these planets are to your empire, the more econ you will lose.

Taking a "focal point" near and enemies space and preventing them from taking these hexes on both maps will go in your favor, as your enemy will lose economic resourses.

ALL MAP VC'S, ARE WORTH 50 POINTS EACH PER ROUND AND MUST BE HELD ON BOTH MAPS UNTIL THE ROUND ENDS. EACH

ROUND WILL END SUNDAY NIGHT AT MIDNIGHT EASTERN STANDARD TIME.

Player kill VCs:

All Kills are to be posted on the Kill Thread on Battleclinic.  Take screenshots of all VC kills for verification if needed.

Orion Pirates: 20VCs for killing the following Classes Only : Carrier, Dreadnaught and Battleship A listing of these ships will be posted on the Kill thread.

SFC3 = 20 pts for all Battleships or SuperBattlships.  Listing will be posted on the Kill thread.

THE SIDES:

Orion Pirates - ALLIANCE = Federation/Gorn/Klingon/Lyran vs COALITION= Romulan/ISC/Mirak/Hydran

SFC3 - ALLIANCE=Federation(Gorn)/Klingon(Lyran) vs COALITION=Romulan(ISC)/Mirdan(Mirak/Hydran)

FORUMS:
We will be using the Litterbox forums on Battleclinic.  Go to www.battleclinic.com and register with the site.

DOWNLOADS:
All Downloads with be on Battleclinic, just go to the download section and go to "all" You must be registered with Battleclinic in order to get the downloads.

FOR OP/D2: Download the LB5.shiplist installer. Install on a clean copy of OP patched to 2552.

FOR SFC3: Download the Litterbox 5 Full Installer 187.99MBs and install on a clean install of SFC3 patched up to the 531 build. 

If you already have the Battlezone 2nd Voyage mod and BZ2 Patch.  Simply download the BZ2 LB5 patch and install that overtop the Battlezone Mod and you are good to go.

RULES AND REGISTRATION:

All rules will be posted on the Battleclinic site when you go to the Rules for the Campaign. After you have read the rules, simple click at the bottom of the page whether you want to fly Alliance or Coaltion and then click on "I agree to these rules".  This will automatically sign you up for the proper forums.  This is the only reason the  registration is being used.  If you intend to fly both server, you must stay on one side or the other. You cannot fly Alliance on one server, and Coalition on the other.

Basic Rules for both servers:

Both servers will be Line of Supply based servers.  You can attack any hex in the neutral zone or enemy empires (2deep for enemy) and turn it neutral, but you may not flip it to your races hex unless you have a line of supply that can be traced to your homeworld. This LOS can be traced thru allied space. 

You may not attack more than 2 hexes deep into enemy space. Deepstrikes are allowed only 2 hexes deep.

Bases are destroyable on both campaigns.

You may not place any base next to and already existing base.  All placed bases must have one hex separating them.

The disengagment rule is in effect for both servers.  You must leave the hex for 10 turns if you disengage, and 5 turns if you are destroyed.
Any player disputes are to be handled by the RMs and ARMs only. No posts in general chat or the forums are allowed.

COMMAND AND CONTROL RULES:

ORION PIRATES - You may fly only 1 ship per pilot. No fleets.  Players are allowed to fly any ship they

want up to the Heavy Battlecruiser Class. After that the following restrictions apply:

ONly 2 Carrier Class allowed on the map at any time
Only 2 Dreadnaught Class allowed on the map at any time
Only 1 Battleship Class allowed on the map at any time.

Players may switch with other players as they want.  It is advised to sell your ship if you are going to log off so that other players may switch and when you log on there wont be a problem if there are more then the alloted ships allowed.

SFC3:

Only 3 Battleships are allowed on the map at anytime.
Only 1 Super Battleship is allowed on the map at anytime.  The SBBs are the Galaxy X, Q'Vak, Reman Warbird, and the Omen.

VOICE CHAT We are using Teamspeak at :centraleast.tmspk.com:9238
(207.44.204.14:9238)
I have Alliance and Coalition Channels for Litterbox set up for both the D2 and D3.

ACKKNOWLEDGEMENTS:  Xenocorp, Battleclinic, Dynaverse.Net, The "DIP" Guys, The Battlezone 2 team! Julin for doing the LB5 OP installer. Rota for doing the LB5 installers on SFC3. And Cueball for doing my forums, registration, downloads and rules on Battleclinic. And to all the modelers who did all these great ships in the community, and the scriptors who make the game what it is.  Oh and KOTH Kortez for just putting up with me.

YOU ALL ROCK!

BOTTOM LINE:

Have fun! Play both servers if you can.  I think you will enjoy this.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2004, 11:22:59 pm by Fluf »
Patriarch Knights of the Hegemony
SFC2.net Admin
SFC3.net Admin
Battlezone Admin
Litterbox Admin

Offline Fluf

• KOTH Fluf Duke of Pies
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Always at fault
    • Knights of the Hegemony
Re: LITTERBOX 5 :TIMELINES"
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 04:32:11 pm »
Thanks to Pelican, we have some reworked missions for LB5. Go to Battleclinic and download the LB5 mission pack, unzip it to your SFC3/Assets/Scripts folder and you should be good to go.
Patriarch Knights of the Hegemony
SFC2.net Admin
SFC3.net Admin
Battlezone Admin
Litterbox Admin

Offline FPF-AJTK

• You make it to the second commercial if your a
  • Lt.
  • Founding Member of the BLUE PLAGUE
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 04:59:16 pm »
I cant even get the registration page to come UP on battleclinic.com. All the highly unnessecary flash animation comes up, but the registration page wont.

I guess unless someone else mirrors the files, I will be waiting for GW3.

Really dislike having to goto BC and register for yet ANOTHER site to dload these files. Isnt Dynaverse.net our "community hub"?

It is where all this is being coordinated, etc, so why cant the files be HERE?  :screwloose:

Im sure it is very nice to be on DSL/Cable, but some of us are still on crappy ol 56k dialup, and its gonna take long enough just to dload the stuff, to say nothing of everyone trying to get it all at the same time from ONE dload spot.

I realize it was down to the wire and all, and thats probably a big factor in the mirroring sites, and that you guys will get it better organized. You always do.

Still, I blame Fluf.
RE-VER-SE: To move backwards, retrograde; movement that is not forward in nature.

[img]http://pages.sbcglobal.net/wanderer/_uimages/AJTK.jpg

Offline MrCue

• Site Designer
  • Lt.
  • Proud Father
    • Battleclinic
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 05:03:26 pm »
http://www.battleclinic.com/downloads.php?no_flash=true
Like I've said before, i don't like the flash animation on BC. If you happen to see SghnDubh feel free to petition for its removal. Until then, feel free to use the above link to disable the flash animation.

Offline FPF-AJTK

• You make it to the second commercial if your a
  • Lt.
  • Founding Member of the BLUE PLAGUE
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 05:54:53 pm »
http://www.battleclinic.com/downloads.php?no_flash=true
Like I've said before, i don't like the flash animation on BC. If you happen to see SghnDubh feel free to petition for its removal. Until then, feel free to use the above link to disable the flash animation.

You are a godsend Mr.Cue. Used your link, got right in, instantly got my confirmation email. Thanks a pantload.
RE-VER-SE: To move backwards, retrograde; movement that is not forward in nature.

[img]http://pages.sbcglobal.net/wanderer/_uimages/AJTK.jpg

Offline DOA-SpectreMist

• If ya can't say anything nice then..HAVE A BIG GLASS OF SHUTUP JUICE AND SIT DOWN!!!!!!!
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • You know better than to fight a Spectre!!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 12:09:33 pm »
GO FLUF GO FLUF!!
DOA-SpectreMist