Topic: OP Question: What firing arcs are not included in EagleEye ShipEdit?  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
Some firing arcs were added to OP after ShipEdit.  What are they, and what arcs simply don't work? :help:
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
Re: OP Question: What firing arcs are not included in EagleEye ShipEdit?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 09:42:38 pm »
FALX/FARX -> FA+L+Directly behind ship/FA+R+Directly behind ship
 LSRF/RSLF -> Same as above but able to fire through the #5 and #3 shield arcs respectively.
RRP/RLP -> Equivalent to RP/LP, but out the back of the ship instead of the front. Used by Gorn tugs, for example.
SFBL/SFBR-> 60 degree arc directly to the left and right of the ship. Used by Tholian websnares. The same as the L/R arcs in shipEdit, which don't work.
LR -> L+R arcs. The SFBL and SFBR combined into one arc (like FARA combines the FA and RA arcs). Used by Tholians for websnares.

If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 10:21:51 pm »
Thanks Rod, I'm trying to do a personal mod to balance the X-ships.  Lyrans and Hydrans were easy to bring up to the level of the Feds.  With mrv launchers, everybody needs serious missle-proofing.  It's hard for me to rap my mind around improving the plasma races.  I'm also wondering how many ships can be added to the op+ shiplist.  Any thoughts?
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 11:02:43 pm »
i'm not sure how much space is left in OP+. From the numbers that I've seen FireSoul post though, I'd imagine not too many spots are left. ;D IIRC, 128 per hull type/race is the limit. Might be a bit more. Sorry I don't recall for sure.  You might be able to replace some of the "fluf" ships, scouts and whatever if you run out of space.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 08:23:34 pm »
Thanks again.  I still thought there were only 64.  Shows you where I've been.  How do you tell when it's full?

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
    • http://klingon.lostexiles.net/
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 11:54:36 pm »
OP patch 2.5.3.8:

71)Increased the number of ships per class from 64 to 128.

Author: OP+ Mod
Maintainer: Coopace
Author: Fests+ for OP
Creator: SFC-OP Mini Updater
Maintainer: SFC-EAW for OP Campaigns
Kitbash: SFC2 models