Topic: for Nemesis and Death Merchant...  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
for Nemesis and Death Merchant...
« on: July 21, 2004, 09:29:37 pm »

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Death_Merchant

• Commander
Re: for Nemesis and Death Merchant...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 01:19:05 am »
chuckle....

Then again, it's not out of any odd beatnik leaning that I prefer Mac over Windows.

I simply take good, solid industrial design over simple function.
You can do more things with Windows, but MacOS has more "polish".

Example: I had a test system built. Steel support columns -> anodized black satin chrome
Why you ask? Corrosion protect? Minimize surface residual stresses? Surface wear resistance?
Nope: It just looks damn good.

iPod is another example. Are there better and cheaper MP3 players out there? Sure...
Are they as pleasurable to use? Nope.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: for Nemesis and Death Merchant...
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 01:26:07 am »
I hear you, I might go ahead and Grab a Mac Notebook in a few weeks just to see what they can do.

That reminds me, I wonder If Lepton ever got his Dual Boot win xp / Linux system to work.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War