Topic: What was Nanner trying to say?  (Read 17518 times)

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
Re: What was Nanner trying to say?
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2004, 04:38:03 pm »
Such a darling young lady as yourself never,I would  not entertain such thoughts.

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2004, 04:39:28 pm »
KIM!!!!!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Glad to see you back, Don't you ever leave us again. Or at least the Peeps here that still love you.  ;D

Stephen

Don't get too excited, Stephen.  I won't be welcomed here for very long.

Kim,

I am glad to see you again!!

I want to be the first to apologize, in public, for my statements regarding your opinions a little while back. I took a look at the situation and realized some things. Thanks for giving it another chance, and you will ALWAYS be welcomed here.

:)

Besides, we need your rolling pin...

<-- extends hand

Dammit Kim, I need your rolling pin...

:D

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Cleaven

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2004, 04:47:12 pm »
And the reverse must surely apply too?

I don't need to be called a stupid SFB'er because I don't like a non-SFB based game. Did I mention I like Napoleonic miniature wargaming (far removed from SFB). I'd much rather be abused as an SFC:TNG hater because I'm a stupid British Napoleon's Battles player and I use cannon (note spelling).

the game system's called British Napoleon's Battles?

Painting?

The game system is called Napoleon's Battles, and I have a British army. And painting is required. I paint my own, but you can pay others to do it for you.

Not sure I can be bothered, but as you are the Doc, can you run an AI standard patrol in 2 minutes in a KRC? If so, there is no problem and I am utterly wrong. If you cannot, then the KRC is a worse ship for AI missions than ones I know can.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2004, 04:52:47 pm »
KIM!!!!!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Glad to see you back, Don't you ever leave us again. Or at least the Peeps here that still love you.  ;D

Stephen

You will also. Kim, You have been a member in good standing for so long, The whole In community Disagreement on how to defend Firesoul was at best a mistake, and at worst, a Debacle. I still hope he get's acknowledgement for his work, he's a great guy.

However, Anyone who thinks your heart wasn't in the right place, is Miss-informed. and Dizzy, I know that may hurt your feelings. Don't get me wrong, I'm the first to defend anyone here, But I think Kim's approach in this instance was Maybe not better, but should have been explored.

Kim, you have always shown kindness, responcibility, and a general love for peeps here. Your loss being here, is an even greater loss for us. What's the old saying, May we become greater together (as a community) then The two of us apart?

I can remember the kind words you have given us all over the years, Hooch, J'inn, Mazeppa, Myself... ETC.

That's a 100% class act lady right there indeed.

Stephen shutting up before he acciedently makes a FUBAR statement re: his other good friends.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Rolling

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Costume for my next play.
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2004, 05:01:30 pm »
KIM!!!!!

Stephen

Kim,

I am glad to see you again!!

I want to be the first to apologize, in public, for my statements regarding your opinions a little while back. I took a look at the situation and realized some things. Thanks for giving it another chance, and you will ALWAYS be welcomed here.

:)

Besides, we need your rolling pin...

<-- extends hand

Dammit Kim, I need your rolling pin...

:D

Regards,

deleted
Always chew more than you can bite.

Offline KBF-Nail

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2004, 05:09:24 pm »
When has OP players said anything bad about the D3 Players? If we say we dont like the SFC3 game. Well tough thats our opinion and we have a right too our opinion. Just like the D3 players have a right with their opinion as well. Now if u want the whole D2 community too drop D2 and play SFC3. Doubt that will ever happen.. So just let people play what people want too play.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2004, 05:18:08 pm »
This is not true, and youre attributing a rather unpleasant affection to the B&P games which is unwaaranted by those who play SFC2 and OP. Some may not prefer the game of SFC3, i dont.But i do not now nor have i have i ever felt that those who want to play SFC3 "inferior". And i think its unfair to those who continue to play SFC2 that thiskind of blanket statement is made.

I'm not understanding. But it would seem that SFC3 players would generally say they are treated as inferiors on these boards. I don't see it, I kind of see it as vanilla and chaocalate, some like one some like the other.  I do know that as the cookie crumbled SFC3 has gotten the shaft support wise. But that pretty much was out of our control, and now with passing of Taldren virtually assures the continuation of "non support". Will there ever be an official patch? There certainly won't be the support that Taldren and David Ferrell have given to EAW and OP.

As far as the problems of grafting the SFC3 community into the existing SFC community, and then the further grafting of SFCC into the larger Star Trek gaming community, like attracts like. I like EAW and OP and I want to like SFC3 more but I havn't been able to complete the single player missions with a lot of understanding; SFC3 was just too much out of the box(as in thinking out of the box). The mechanics of the game are different, I didn't say worse; whixch turns me off. I do not own any other Trek games, I followed the development of KA on the old Interplay boards, but when it was released and then the team got fired or reassigned, well that was enough for me I wasn't getting a game that wasn't going to be supported. I bought SFC3 to give Taldren the benefit of the doubt and support. I enjoy watching the series but am not a consistent follower of them.  Trek gaming is not an issue for me.

Like attracts like. I do not understand a guy like Age, who  wants me wants me to ignore angular velocity by covering it up with a piece of tape. That just makes no sense to me. I would play OP with the ships as white blocks. It is nice that they look good and modders have done wonderful things, but the cool looking ships are not central to the game for me, the mechaniics are though., and the mechanics of EAW and OP make for a good game which I play more often than SFC3.

Like attracts like, there is no forcing community.
I was suggesting putting a piece of tape over it for Cleaven  as he has problem with this.I see it easier that to watch the AV instead of the EW panel when I have to switch weapons to proximity to normal.This when somebody is getting close to me.That means push the H button and pushing the 2 button the hotkey to where I have my torps on to.I would discipline some of your admins in the thread Frey for letting this out of hand.If I were an admin I would of handed out suspensions and bans to almost everyone in that thread.If I were a cop I would be that one like Bosco on 3RD Watch.I was a tough talking smoking teen and adolescent.It is time to clean up the d2 forum as I look at SkyFlyrs thread about DieHard and Jinn.This does not happen at the Tri Mods forum.If it were the real world 50% of them would be behind bars.
     I have never found a moderator to help me out when I am being harassed like Kim.I mean joked upon that is harassment in the eyes of the law.I know my Crim. law really well btw.  

Offline Rolling

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2004, 05:25:21 pm »
Frey and Stephen... thank you.

But my eyes have been opened.

These last days have totally removed the veil that had me blinded, and I needed that.

Sometimes I put people in high regard that do not deserve it. 

I do that way too often until a swift kick in the stomach helps me see things a little clearer.

So, I would like to thank the players, from this tragic play, for the insight they have given me.

You all played your part so nicely.  It fit well into the agenda and everyone was on cue.

Bravo!!!!

Sincerely,

Kimberly

Offline likkerpig

• Commander
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2004, 05:28:00 pm »
Am I the only one baffled by Kim's and Age's posts?
"Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby."

Offline Rolling

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2004, 05:33:46 pm »

Only the guilty and involved will understand. 

Offline likkerpig

• Commander
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2004, 05:37:14 pm »

Only the guilty and involved will understand. 

Ok... wow not often I can use the words innocent and likkerpig in the same sentance.
 :woot:

Offline Cozbo

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2004, 05:45:31 pm »
Wow, lots of discussion here.

I played SFC1 and SFC2 in single player stuff til I was burned out. I never got into modded stuff though.
Just about the time i had put the games down SFC3 came out so I bought it. The few weeks I hated it and was really disappointed, having been used to EAW. i almost trashed it right then but i kept playing. Kept trying to see what it had in it to make it fun.

Eventually it grew on me. SFC3 is not the product I wanted to follow SFC2 but it is what it is.

With the latest patches to it SFC3 is truely a modders game. The stock version is bad and no one flies the ships the way they should be flown in the trek universe.

All SFC games have some things in common. SFC2 is a more technical game while SFC3 is a more of a pilots game.  each have there strong and weak points and will not appeal to all.

Now here is where I will get in trouble:
Many in here want to try and turn SFC3 into a SFC:OP type game.
Those who  tend to take it the other direction, toward an arcade game, tend to get bashed in here.

SFC3 will never be OP or EAW. Never. Just like  they will never be SFC3.
We can add ships, change settings  but we can't put elements into the game that just aren't there.

Only a handful of players can move back and forth between these games and be good. Most will tend to be in one  camp or the other. The best we can achieve is mutual respect not unity.

"Seperate but equal"  Just don't start hanging SFC2 only signs or tell us to sit in the back of the forum. :o

Offline KBF-Dogmatix_XC

• Pimpmaster General
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2004, 05:48:38 pm »
I guess that, for my part, I don't agree with the idea that this "rift" or whatever drama has everyone concerned about is even the prevalent feeling or manner of behavior among the people in this community. 

Just as I'm sure there are a few SFC2 types that don't have too many kind words to say about SFC2/OP (or SFB, if they know anything about it), I'm sure there are a few SFC2/SFB types that don't have much kind to say about SFC3.  I don't think either group is in the majority in their respective camps. 

Sometimes I think the SFC3/SFC2 "rift" is exaggerated and that exaggeration actually perpetuates the problem as a sort of self-fulfilling thing.  I think maybe the "rift" is more between individuals and I note that the drama associated with SFC3 players seems a lot more frequent and divisive than anything currently going on in the SFC2 world or even between the SFC2 and SFC3 players.  While the SFC2 players have their own problems, I think one of the biggest things that turns off some of the people in the SFC2 crowd is the behavior and sheer vitriol that seems prevalent in the SFC3 world.  This isn't to say there aren't some fine upstanding people in the SFC3 world and they have accomplished a great deal[/i] to make the game better than it was first released.  I myself find the game enjoyable again after leaving it for about 18 months and allowing it to grow.  Maybe it's true of other players who peek in on the SFC2 forum, but most of what turns me off about SFC3 is all the infighting among the various factions.  Perhaps it is worthwhile to note that if you love something enough, you're willing to look past that or put up with it.  Maybe that's why I don't view SFC2 in the same light.  I don't know for sure.

It's interesting to note that in SFC2, most of the drama tends to be between Fed and Klingon players.  That might be (at least in part) a function of the types of personalities that choose to play these two races. Some of it might be role-play taken a bit too far. 

When it comes to the mechanics and development of the game, I think the entire SFC2 group interacts in a reasonably constructive manner.  It's just the Klingons and the Feds that seem to have a tough time getting along (obviously, even this isn't a huge problem and many from the two groups of players do get along quite well).

One sentiment that I can definitely get behind is to let bygones be bygones and just move forward.  The horse has been beaten and it is indeed dead.  Maybe a little less hand-wringing about the state of things and a little more proactive work on building up the community will work better.  The community at large will accept something if it's a good thing.  With a few exceptions, I'm sure most of us are here to have a good time, make friends and get along.  This may require people to be a little less defensive about their respective preferred game.  By the same token, it would be nice if people who didn't have anything nice, or at least aren't able criticize constructively, either game just keep their thoughts to themselves.  We've already heard it...and it doesn't help.
Dogmatix, XC, KBF
yo' aj, Klingon Black Fleet
Director, XenoCorp Tactics and Strategy Division
DGA Board of Directors
SFC2.Net Administrator

Offline Rolling

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2004, 05:51:36 pm »

I played SFC1 and SFC2 in single player stuff til I was burned out. I never got into modded stuff though.
Just about the time i had put the games down SFC3 came out so I bought it. The few weeks I hated it and was really disappointed, having been used to EAW. i almost trashed it right then but i kept playing. Kept trying to see what it had in it to make it fun.

Eventually it grew on me. SFC3 is not the product I wanted to follow SFC2 but it is what it is.

With the latest patches to it SFC3 is truely a modders game. The stock version is bad and no one flies the ships the way they should be flown in the trek universe.

All SFC games have some things in common. SFC2 is a more technical game while SFC3 is a more of a pilots game.  each have there strong and weak points and will not appeal to all.

Those who  tend to take it the other direction, toward an arcade game, tend to get bashed in here.

SFC3 will never be OP or EAW. Never. Just like  they will never be SFC3.
We can add ships, change settings  but we can't put elements into the game that just aren't there.

Only a handful of players can move back and forth between these games and be good. Most will tend to be in one  camp or the other. The best we can achieve is mutual respect not unity.

"Seperate but equal"  Just don't start hanging SFC2 only signs or tell us to sit in the back of the forum. :o

Now this is a breath of fresh air.

Thank you, Cozbo.  Someone give him karma for me!!!!

Offline KBF-Dogmatix_XC

• Pimpmaster General
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2004, 05:56:08 pm »

All SFC games have some things in common. SFC2 is a more technical game while SFC3 is a more of a pilots game.  each have there strong and weak points and will not appeal to all.

Those who  tend to take it the other direction, toward an arcade game, tend to get bashed in here.

SFC3 will never be OP or EAW. Never. Just like  they will never be SFC3.
We can add ships, change settings  but we can't put elements into the game that just aren't there.

Only a handful of players can move back and forth between these games and be good. Most will tend to be in one  camp or the other. The best we can achieve is mutual respect not unity.

"Seperate but equal"  Just don't start hanging SFC2 only signs or tell us to sit in the back of the forum. :o

That's great and I think I agree with most of what you say.

With regard to the last sentence, however, the next time I see any of that (at least around here or the old Taldren fora) will be the first time, so that's a non-issue, in my view. 

It's interesting that a few people keep using that particular human rights/race-related analogy, though.  I just don't feel it's warranted.  Perhaps someone can show specific instances where this applies?
Dogmatix, XC, KBF
yo' aj, Klingon Black Fleet
Director, XenoCorp Tactics and Strategy Division
DGA Board of Directors
SFC2.Net Administrator

Offline likkerpig

• Commander
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2004, 06:15:37 pm »

Great post Cozbo, but...
To echo Dogmatix here, I haven't seen what you are talking about in those two sentences. I know SFC3 trashing happened a lot on the Taldren boards, especially when SFC3 first came out. But I haven't seen it other than personal cheap shots here or the latter part of the Taldren boards lifetime. I don't care much for SFC3, but I keep digging it out every so often and try the new mods out... but that is just me, I have no disrespect for people that play SFC3, nor would I proclaim myself thier better for enjoying OP more. Many posts in the last few days have made reference to OP players bashing SFC3... I still don't see it.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2004, 07:03:49 pm »
I guess what it come down to is that there is no Justice around here for D3ers unlike D2ers which get away with a lot the joking and the nonscense.I feel like them sometimes in the D2 forum when I explain a tactic everyone jokes about it. When I am at the Tri Mods boards when I do this they tell me the prober way to to it.The D2 communtiy doesn't do this at the Tri Mods they get warned a lot about thier behavior.

I still intend to play OP online once I am fully set up as well SFC3 Dom Wars.There is one thing I would like to point out about myself is that I have been on forum boards for 5 months.Taldren was the first and I was there for 4.5 months.I hope this sheads some light on the subject.

Offline Holocat

• An even siller cat than Even SillierCats. ;3
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2004, 07:16:25 pm »
And the reverse must surely apply too?

I don't need to be called a stupid SFB'er because I don't like a non-SFB based game. Did I mention I like Napoleonic miniature wargaming (far removed from SFB). I'd much rather be abused as an SFC:TNG hater because I'm a stupid British Napoleon's Battles player and I use cannon (note spelling).

the game system's called British Napoleon's Battles?

Painting?

The game system is called Napoleon's Battles, and I have a British army. And painting is required. I paint my own, but you can pay others to do it for you.

Heh.  It's all warhammer and some sort of aliens game here.  Bunch of my compatriots here play it.  Smaller scale.  Battle size I mean, the figures are larger.

Offline Durin

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2004, 07:20:21 pm »
Heh I'm staring at  my  Warhammer army right now.. Dwarf of course.

Offline likkerpig

• Commander
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2004, 07:25:14 pm »
Age, once again you bring up the bias against people who play D3. There has been a lot of that the last few days and I see no proof of it. Just people trying to incite anger over an issue that does not exist.
As for the comments you recieved on your tactics posts... well if you are going to talk tactics without actually having used them against a human player you should grow a thick skin for the responses you will get.
As for Skyflyer's post, did you actually read it or just the title? It was humor directed at the fact that GW3 was starting at the same time as his school year. Nothing offensive, just a joke.