Topic: Litterbox 5 Coalition Award Ceremony...  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Julin Eurthyr

• Veltrassi Ambassador at Large
  • Lt. Commander
  • Back in Exile due to Win 7 - ISC RM/Strat Com.
Litterbox 5 Coalition Award Ceremony...
« on: August 08, 2004, 09:27:11 pm »
Sector 5,20 Deep in the heart of "Alliance" space, in the D2 era...

The Coalition fleet sits within sight of the Black hole in this sector.  The ISCS Little Paradise sits at the head of the formation, in the flagship position, while the remainder of the Coalition fleet sits in formation.  It is a beautiful sight seeing both the ships of the past and present in formation, due to a time-rift that allowed the Mirdan and Romulan vessels of the future arrive in the past.  The occasional bit of wreckage from Alliance ships creates a beautiful pyrotechnic backdrop as they are sucked into the black hole.

Hallway of the ISCS Little Paradise, just before the ceremony commences
"Julin!" Fluf calls.  Julin walks over and nods to Fluf, who continues "Upon review of both the historic records of this operation, along with what we have done in the future, these are the operatives who have been actually granted medals."  Fluf hands Julin a data chip, and he proceeds to move on, mingling with the crowd...

Recreation Room, ISCS Little Paradise, a few moments later...

The assembled vessel Captains, of all 4 coalition races and both timelines, stand in formation on the deck.  The main window is open, granting these officers a look at the pyrotechnics.  Lt. Commander Varkin Nikrav, a Meeskeen officer, approaches the dias, and calls out "Attention to Orders!".  The room snaps to attention simultaneously, and Admiral Julin Eurthyr, still wearing his brevet Fleet Admiral rank, heads to the dias, now vacated by his exec.

"Ladies and Gentle-beings of the Coalition," Julin 1 speaks cleanly into the mike, his other 3 bodies at attention behind him, "it is with great honor I stand here, in front of you, on this, the greatest of our acheivements.  This sector, deep in the heart of Alliance territory, represents the final linked time-anchor the Alliance has managed to keep in place.  Now, the time-anchor has been replaced, in this era, with one of our own.
If not for the dedication and skill displayed by you throughout these weeks of combat, this day would not exist.  Taking advantage of the situation in the early days of the conflict, before I received this position.  Following through on my objectives in a timely fashion.  And having a solid command structure that insured these tasks were completed whether I was available or not.
You have stood off the SSCF in the 'Fed Trench'.  You have stood off the rest of the galaxy in various other combat theatres, specifically the approach to and in the 'Molson' area.  And you have completed this final task of mine in a matter of hours.  I salute you, and am honored to have both flown with, and led, this fleet."

Julin motions for a yeoman to bring the awards box up on center stage, and he steps to meet her.  Varkin resumes his position at the dias, where he begins...

"Gook, of KAT, in honor of his strategic assistance to this offince and recognition of your frequent solo operations, holding the right line when most officers were unavailable, we hereby present this award for strategy."
Gook steps up to center stage, where Julin salutes him, and pins the award on the appropriate place of Gook's uniform.  A quick handshake and photo-op later, Julin nods and Gook steps off the stage, and returns to his place in formation.  All awards are handed out the same way...
"Deadmansix, of the Hydran Armada, in recognition of your losses to benefit the cause, the sacrifice award."
"BOTA1, of the DoA, in recognition of your future losses, the sacrifice award."  There is a slight snicker from the crowd at that comment, and Varkin continues "Isn't it nice that the losses of the D3 haven't happened, as far as time is concerned here..."
"SmileY, of KOTH, in recognition of your continued operations and support of Coalition operations, the duty award."
"And Bolt, of the DoA, for your assistance, coordination of future operations with this timeline, and valiant activities that will occur in the future in support of this operation, the Medal of Honor."
With that, Varkin steps off the dias, but before Julin can return Fluf leaps up, and with catlike agility takes the dias
"Julin Eurthyr," Fluf says, "don't think you're getting away with it.  In recognition of your leadership over both timelines, leadership which has led to today's ceremony, on behalf of the entire Coalition we present you with the strategy award."  Fluf steps over to center stage, and pins the award on Julin's uniform.  Fluf then returns to his position in formation, leaving Julin on the stage, while the entire formation applauds the award winners.
After a moment of applause, Julin returns to the dias.  "While these are the officers that have officially been granted awards, I would like to take a moment to recognize certain other individuals, primarily of this timeline, as now is when I've spent most of my operational time, with some unofficial awards of my own.
LordKrueg, for recognition to the amount of your service and assistance to this office, the duty award.
Soreeyes, of KOTH, the sacrifice award for the amount of time and prestige used to procure numerous bases from Mirak command, the sacrifice award.
Chuut Ritt, of KAT, the sacrifice award for the same thing Soreeyes got his for...
Die Hard, of the FPF, the courage award for facing his Allies in, of all things, Romulan ships.  Fortunately for him, the near-constant PvP started after the Kestrel and Hawk designs came out.
A kill ribbon goes to Blade of Xenocorp, Dib of the KBF, Corbomite of Xenocorp, 762 of Xenocorp, Firehawk, and ChuutRitt of KAT, D2 officers who have destroyed the heavy ships of the Alliance, whether in a team-up operation or solo.
I would like to take a moment to award special mention to Viper and Kortez, officers who were piloting a pair of battleships, that were jumped by, and engaged, with 4 Alliance battleships.  Fortunately for the Coalition, they emerged victorious from such heavy odds, a situation that rarely occurs and deserves the recognition.
Finally, I would like to thank each and every officer who stands in this room today.  Without the skill and dedication each and every one of you has displayed, even if it was only for a couple of missions, we never would have completed this operation..."
With the spiel done, Julin starts applauding, and is quickly joined by the entire Coalition forces.
"And now, with the awards and recognitions done, let's enjoy the party, for soon we shall return to war..."
Julin steps off the dias, and gets off the stage.  The serving crews, along with the famed Jello Wrestlers, begin to hand out drinks of "appropriated" Alliance beverages and munchies, recently procured from numerous supply convoys.  The air hangs thick with smoke, as various officers light up all manner of smokable materials from cigarettes to personal Catnip supplies.  The jovial air continues, and once all the officers have a drink in hand, someone, who shall remain anonymous to the records of time, calls forth "and a toast to the Alliance, without them, there would have been no honorable combat from which we are here celebrating victory!!!"
the repeated clang of glasses is heard throughout the rec room, as the transmission of the award ceremony to the assembled crews of the fleet dims and is cut off...

RP off...

The reason I am now completing this award ceremony is that I believe the work on Litterbox 5 is complete, as the forum is now archived, and all portions are visible to everyone...

Oh, and Fluf (or whoever needs to do this over on Battleclinic), I noticed about half of the Coalition pilots, and probably a like number of Alliance pilots, needs the timelines ribbon added to their awards screen.  You might want to do that before you wipe the player lists clean...

AKA: Koloth Kinshaya - Lord of the House Kinshaya in the Klingon Empire
S'Leth - Romulan Admiral
Some anonymous strongman in Prime Industries

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
Re: Litterbox 5 Coalition Award Ceremony...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 09:05:15 pm »
Not to mention the special awards Julin/Fluf

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 03:54:15 pm »
Still no ribbons for us alliance pilots, poor show gentlemen.

Offline Julin Eurthyr

• Veltrassi Ambassador at Large
  • Lt. Commander
  • Back in Exile due to Win 7 - ISC RM/Strat Com.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 09:20:46 pm »
Have you considered putting together a list of recommendations and shipping them to Fluf / Eviltwin?

I don't know if your recommendations will be honored, but still, a list of Alliance Peeps deserving of awards in Fluf's hands is better than what he currently has to decide awards with...  Which is nothing being he had flown Coalition.  Perhaps Eviltwin's endorsements (as Alliance RM) would help the cause...

AKA: Koloth Kinshaya - Lord of the House Kinshaya in the Klingon Empire
S'Leth - Romulan Admiral
Some anonymous strongman in Prime Industries