Topic: An attempt to heal the community in a sort of SFC 3 open beta program..  (Read 16827 times)

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
Hello everyone,

As most of you know, I am Pestalence. I am currently undertaking a project which involves the entire SFC community as an experiment and a healing tactic in order to help out the SFC 3 game title in the area of game balance.

What i am proposing is that the community members all over the web who owns a copy of SFC 3 to come to my forums and start discussions and be willing to participate in testing the SFC 3 game title in balancing the Stock SFC 3 game...

This will not correct game bugs caused by the game exe file, however it will help balance ships across the board for all races by adjusting the *.gf files.

The Goal of this project is to balance the game to where the game should have been out of the box and to have the game as close as possible to Taldren / Activision game design without drastically changing items within the game.

My forums have simple rules...
#1, no flaming under any circumstances.. if you want to flame someone, do it by email..
#2, No Cussing.. hopefully we are all mature enough to hold rational conversations and not turn into street punks that have no education.. show that you have had a good upbringing and have self respect and keep your language clean...
#3, no personal attacks.. this falls somewhat under #1.. if you feel you have to personally attack someone, then keep it to email..

if i catch anyone breaking these rules.. 1st time will get a warning, the 2nd time, the will be shown the door.. if one makes an attack or a flame and someone retaliates.. then both will get reprimanded the first time and the second, both will be shown the door.. it takes 2 to tango and I could really care less who started what.. I do not play games when coming to the testing process and i take it seriously and professionally.. which is what I expect from everyone wanting to participate.. all conversations can be kept civil.. if you do not like an idea.. state that you do not like it and use examples in terms of game play to support your position.. it is that simple...

now what I intend to do is let you the community go into my Forums as a neutral area, which is the home forums for my fleet, the Elite Federation Force, and give free access to posting in the Starfleet Command III : The Next Generation forums for the purpose of the community to heal, get over grudges, and to come together to fix the game balance in the stock game...

What people will need to do is have a clean un-modded version of SFC 3 on their systems installed properly and in the correct game directory as listed by the patch v534_b trouble shooting step #10.

Everyone will need to be on patch v534_b to participate.

you the community will choose what settings to change and test.. you will choose who will host the testing server.. and everyone is equal.. those who have been playing since the game came out is no more important than those who bought the game yesterday.. everyone's opinion counts..

The boards have polls on them.. if you would like to see something change.. you choose who is going to edit the game file and host it and who will host the server with those changes.. Vote on a suggested change or host a poll for a suggested change.. the person selected to adjust the game files will make the adjustment according to the results of the poll.. the poll on a selection should run for 3 to 5 days before the change is implemented and people will need to be interactive and discuss things a lot..

now what i will not permit is changing races to fit one's needs.. as such if it is stated in the game manual, then that is how it stays.. like by Default.. Borg have no shields per game manual.. this will not be changed.. borg Regen Armor will not change (although strength of armor can be adjusted)...

AMM's were adjusted to fit the game manual.. i can see that they get a small tweak, but nothing over 25 as that makes them too powerful (especially game manual and damage charts state 20 damage).. I can see weapons changing damage points by 1 to 3 points for purpose of balance.. and heavy weapons by 2 to 10 points depending, however nothing over the top or extreme.. as such, i mean a PH X doing 8 Pts being changed to do 15 PTs is not allowed.. i can see 10 and I can see 6 but not a drastic jump...

now when the community is done and happy with the changes.. i will submit the files to kenneth Yeast and seek permission to build a V534_c patch containing your the communities changes for a balanced stock game...

now I make no promises on having a v534_c game patch.. i state that I will try to get permission for the patch.. however this will allow for a unified and community agreed upon stock game mod that addresses game balance at the very least, which allows the community to come together and heal..

this is my first and last attempt at trying to heal the community and i am doing it in a manner that players can help fix a game that they enjoy.. so take advantage of it...

If it works, i will endeavor to take things further and push for more stuff, but until I see the communities come together, forgive and forget, and just plain get along .. I will do nothing else to help SFC 3...

This is your game that you choose to play.. make the most of it.. I am giving you an opportunity to get things together and solve problems.... it is up to you to realize that this is just a game and that we are all here to be able to play it with each other without having personal problems with each other...

My forums are located at :

http://p079.ezboard.com/belitefederationforceforums

you can post in the SFC 3 section...

just post what you think needs balancing in the game and why and what you think needs to be done to bring about that balance..then others will comment.. someone should make a poll if there are a lot of responses and the one making the revisions needs to change the file and host it while the server selected implements the changes for testing...

After you test the changes for a few days, then go back and post what you think.. and be honest (not crude).. if it doesn't work, don't give up.. just adjust the settings again ant test again..

now i leave it in your hands.. I will not get involved except to monitor the boards for the 3 rules i listed above..

you get to choose who will make the changes, who will host the changes and who will host the server.. you will have the power to get this done and it can only work if you all work together as a community....

If you do not have time to dedicate to the testing, then do not join the group as these changes and the work on it will need constant testing by players for a week at a time per setting until the next adjustment is implimented...

now a poll should be held after testing is done on a setting for whether or not that setting should be implemented permanently.. preferably a 2/3 vote by the community testing will make the setting permanent (so long as it is not OTT from the Taldren / Activison design of the game), however a 51% vote will carry the change or toss it out...

if you like, go and get started.. but remember.. if you go for the testing, please stick with it.. everyone's opinion counts... as such, if you don't like it state so and why, leaving personal feelings towards others out of it... the goal is to get the game fixed regardless of who's idea it is for a setting... keep an open mind to new ideas and try it out if it sounds reasonable...

it is your game.. I'm offering you to fix an aspect of it.. it is up to you to take advantage of it.. it will not be a short process, but at least it is something that will be fixed in time...

also remember, you are not modding the game.. as such, no ships being added and no adding tech to races that were not designed in game to have it.. like the Federation does not have cloak.. so no adding cloak to the defiant... the Feds do not have plasma, so no plasma on fed ships.. Roms do not have quantums, so no quantoms for Roms..

keep the game stock, this is to just adjust the game weapons, armor and so forth to where ships are balanced..

also remember, the Borg should be harder to beat than other races in comparative ships.. as such.. a Frig. Borg ship should have a even battle against any other races destroyer size  ships 1 size up.

anyhow that is all i have to say about this.. you have my forum address.. you know what the rules are, you know what this is all about, and you know what is to be expected...

Thanks,

Pestalence
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Scrag

• Lt. Junior Grade
Having difficulty setting up an account with EZ board trouble call submitted. I guess the question I have is why not use these forums as they were the direct follow on to Taldrens.   

Offline =SyN=Remick

• Lt. Junior Grade
Probably due to the amount of SFC 3 folks who are either banned from here or are posting in another forum and dont visit here.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
EFF HQ Forums belong to me.. I can better direct what goes on there.. plus it is open to everyone without bias and I have very simple but strict rules... Plus my fleet has been approved for Beta Testing on all game titles for SFC... as such, my fleet will not interfere with the communities development of the balance of SFC 3 in the *.gf files..

Now as for access to the forums there.. if having difficulty, check out the EZ Board help section for peoper brower settings.. you will need to have EZ Boards o allow first party cookies if you are blocking cookies.. as for Firewall settings, I do not know if you have to add it to your safe sites or not..

If you continue to have problems, I would recommend contacting EZ Boards CS and find out what your settings should be...

"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Scrag

• Lt. Junior Grade
I have had access before, but it seems that this particular "brand" is finicky and not as reliable (in my case at least) as others.  I understand your motives, hopefully this works out, but since I am routinely go out on machines that cost several hundred million dollars designed and built by the lowest bidder only to find out the roof leaks I remain skeptical but willing to help.  Same stipulation as before as I am active duty and must yield to the service when it comes time to get underway and head to sea I go.  I am currently looking at 2 weeks in Sept and October to mid November deploy to conduct war on terrorism stuff and play on the beach with seals.  If that is okay and as soon as I can get the ez board stuff fixed i will be there.

kortez

Probably due to the amount of SFC 3 folks who are either banned from here or are posting in another forum and dont visit here.

The goal is for Pestalence to improve SFC3 with our help, nothing else.

The banned folk all had it coming to them.  We will not disucss the topic further.  Most if not all of the banned are actually reregistered under different names, at this very moment.  Bannings never had anything to do with SFC3.

The topic of banned people stops now.  That is my ruling as Admin.

kortez

BTW, Pesty, we can offer a server for the testing.

Please advise.

Offline The Pelican

• DomWars Creator
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Dominion Wars
Thanfully, I have had an ezboard account for nearly 5 years now. Not a problem for me.... Hell, me 4 1/2 year old ezboard still exists!!!

Offline Scrag

• Lt. Junior Grade
I am on now thanks weird still have no idea what it was.

Ravok

Thanks Pestilence. you are a noble person indeed. I hope this works, before all of this unnecessary drama winds up slitting our own throats. :)

Offline Eudoxia

• Ensign
IMO, the stock game does not need any more balancing. If there are no more bug fixes included in a future patch, then it's not needed. The community may need healing, but a patch isn't the answer for that. The servers that are still running need to make their own changes as needed. I can only speak for one server, and I only have half a vote, but my vote is for no more changes. Find another way to heal.

Offline Red_Green

• Lt.
  • Whatever
Re: An attempt to heal the community in a sort of SFC 3 open beta program..
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2004, 10:12:20 am »
The rift is large between SFC OP and SFC3. Strange since we all have ST in common.

The most creative person hides his sources the best!

"The universe hates you. Deal with it!"

Spoken by Harper in a 1st season episode of Andromeda.

"Pesimism is not a survival trait"

Offline GarrethMacLeod

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Alternate B Website
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 12:47:20 am »
I've never understood why there is a rift between the two. Like you said, guest, we all have ST in common. Is it because the game mechanics are different?
Alternate B Chief Map Drone and General Whipping Boy
http://www.AlternateB.org

Ravok

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2004, 01:17:45 am »
I've never understood why there is a rift between the two. Like you said, guest, we all have ST in common. Is it because the game mechanics are different?

To be honest with everybody. I would like to know as well. All of this bitterness has kept me from joining any fleet. And I'm used to it!
I'm sure its having the same effect on others as well. :(

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2004, 03:15:58 am »
   It is basically because they are two different games.SFC 2 Orion Pirates is based on some the elements of StarFleet Battles and SFC3 is based on pure Star Trek.There are no missiles used in Star Trek in the TV and Movies.When ships cloak you don't see there shields.There is no warp or reversing thrusters.They never used scatter packs or wild weasels in TV Star Trek that is what rift is.Those that like StarFleetBattles vs those who like Star Trek.

When it come to joining a fleet it is about what type of fleet to you want to join.The D2 fleets like the FPF&KBF don't play on Game Spy Arcade.Then there is the types of games they play eg SFC.2 OP and SFC3 on a Dyna as well as GSA.It comes down to talking to the fleet Admirals themselves you will have to find a good Klingon Fleet to join.The KBF is a D2 fleet only the KHH is a GSA fleet with some playing in D2 but they don't play on D3.I could direct you to a board that as all the Fleets/Clans listed let me know.

I made the decision on joining the EFF because it is a support fleet as well with best support site around.

I hope this answers your question. 

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2004, 10:24:15 am »
Age...please quit speaking for fleets you dont belong too...

You have listed SEVERAL blatent errors based upon your own misconceptions as to what fleets play what and where they play...

For example...

The Klingon Black fleet has SEVERAL members who play SFC3....

AND several members who play GZ matches at GSA....

I cant speak for the other fleets (since like you...I'm NOT a member)....but I suspect that they are also covering both games with a couple players...

The rift was caused by an overbearing off site admin team and a blatant attempt to discredit this very website, Taldren employees, OP players, Several Fleets...and many individuals...

That is something NO patching effort will EVER repair...

Pesty's efforts have even been critisized my a few SFC3 players because they view such an effort as a MOD rather than a baseline patch.....

I wish Pesty all the luck in the world in his efforts to balance SFC3....

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2004, 11:44:50 am »
   Sorry Crim yes I know there are KBF players who play SFC3  but they don't use the KBF name in D3 do they.You know I am on the biggest D3 board there is at the Tri Mods forum.I wasn't sure what the rift was but had an idea like the one you said.The OP players got preferential treatment over SFC3 players being the new game.They thought they should have gotten that treatment hence being Taldrens little red headed stepchild.I knew some about this I made this posting late and got disconnected twice.

I know thing aren't going so well with Pestalence in this attempt and I am trying to help out but I can only do so much.I would like to stay at the EFF forums but that is not the case.I know he whats to get this done as soon as possible I am going to see if I can't push the issue.This is hard when they are playing a mod on a dyna.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2004, 11:54:16 am »
   Ot please check the EFF forum more often.Thanks 

Offline KBF-Crim

• Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2004, 05:46:39 pm »
   Sorry Crim yes I know there are KBF players who play SFC3  but they don't use the KBF name in D3 do they.

I wouldnt know...I dont fly D3...but like I said...there are a few KBF'ers that fly D3..

You know I am on the biggest D3 board there is at the Tri Mods forum.

The most active....yes..

I wasn't sure what the rift was but had an idea like the one you said.

Why not?...this all in the open for you to read....but do you comprehend?

The OP players got preferential treatment over SFC3 players being the new game.

See...this is a LIE....started by disgruntled players...and passed on by disgruntled moderators...

I've been part of the program since nearly the begining...through SFC2, OP, AND SFC3...

The only difference in how SFC3 patching went vs the previous titles was ACTIVISION...and when Taldren did "leak" a beta patch...ACTIVISION came unglued....because Taldren was bypassing a STALLED QA process...I know this for FACT as I was part of both Taldren testing AND the visioneers..

They thought they should have gotten that treatment hence being Taldrens little red headed stepchild.

That thought is based on a misconception that TALDREN had the power to simply release what ever they wanted....that WAS NOT the case....everything Taldren did had to go through ACTIVISION Quality assurace FIRST whereas in previose titles taldren was fee to issue patches whenever it choose.....hence no step child ever existed....it is a fable...Fostered by a few D3 individuals...

I knew some about this I made this posting late and got disconnected twice.

Well then..you should know that SFC3 is still being worked on...by Pesty with support of Ken yeast.....while OP is in limbo ,until such time it's code is released...or possibly forever..

I know thing aren't going so well with Pestalence in this attempt and I am trying to help out but I can only do so much.

You need to get online and help Pesty playtest then...and you need to take good notes...and KNOW what your talking about...

I would like to stay at the EFF forums but that is not the case.

Me too...I think going anywhere else might be construed as favoritism by a few individuals....the only problem with pesty's forums are all the pop ups and redirects..

Not the content..

I know he whats to get this done as soon as possible I am going to see if I can't push the issue.This is hard when they are playing a mod on a dyna.

Yep...he needs Human played games to judge the effect of any changes he wishes to make....this is often boring work as a playtester....not as fun as blasting around a mod server...but FAR more important...

More people should get off their collective duff and help him out...instead of throwing knives everywhere and trying to control who has input by driving people off...(in the case of one individual)

Ravok

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2004, 06:40:52 pm »
Thanks for the clarification Crim. I know the turds of which you speak.
As a matter of fact i got most of my bad karma from them and their agents, Calling them out on their BS on these forums and the ones at Taldren.

And you are correct in regards to reconciliation with this group of liars and thieves. There will be none with me.

Thank you for your time my Lord.
 Qap ` LaH

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2004, 07:30:25 pm »
  How would OP be in limbo as the game is Fineshed with the 2552 patch this what I have been told.What more needs to be fixed or changed in your opion?

Offline KBF-Crim

• Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2004, 11:50:24 pm »
Hello?...*tap tap*...this thing on? :P

I'm obviously refering to the pending release of OP code...if such a release occurs... :-\

Geez..how many threads have their been allready on what needs tweaked/fixed/added/changed..... ::)

Thus the whole point of getting the source code...to continue working on OP... ;)

Since OP is the base for SFC3...it's quite possible "some" of the fixes could be ported to SFC3... 8)

Offline Cleaven

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2004, 12:44:55 am »
 .There are no missiles used in Star Trek in the TV and Movies.When ships cloak you don't see there shields.There is no warp or reversing thrusters.They never used scatter packs or wild weasels in TV Star Trek that is what rift is.Those that like StarFleetBattles vs those who like Star Trek.

What a load of rubbish. Complete waste of time typing out this misinformation.

Not sure I can be bothered, but as you are the Doc, can you run an AI standard patrol in 2 minutes in a KRC? If so, there is no problem and I am utterly wrong. If you cannot, then the KRC is a worse ship for AI missions than ones I know can.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2004, 01:59:29 am »
 .There are no missiles used in Star Trek in the TV and Movies.When ships cloak you don't see there shields.There is no warp or reversing thrusters.They never used scatter packs or wild weasels in TV Star Trek that is what rift is.Those that like StarFleetBattles vs those who like Star Trek.

Then why did you do it.They never used these in Star Trek.

Offline Cleaven

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2004, 02:01:19 am »

When you get around to it, play some Dynaverse games and watch some Star Trek. Please.

Not sure I can be bothered, but as you are the Doc, can you run an AI standard patrol in 2 minutes in a KRC? If so, there is no problem and I am utterly wrong. If you cannot, then the KRC is a worse ship for AI missions than ones I know can.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2004, 02:04:11 am »

When you get around to it, play some Dynaverse games and watch some Star Trek. Please.
I watch and I read about Star Trek and they ever talk about some of this stuff and I know more D3ers than you know.

Offline Cleaven

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2004, 02:34:04 am »

I watch and I read about Star Trek and they ever talk about some of this stuff and I know more D3ers than you know.

LOL - yep and that includes the Water Nymph too. I now see why your "posts" are so "interesting". You follow the principle of "It's not what you know it's who you know".

I watch and read about astronauts - doesn't make me one.

Offline Nomad

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2004, 08:37:00 am »
  There are no missiles used in Star Trek in the TV

Sorry but....
TOS had an epsode where missles where fired at the enterprize and Enterprizes phasers where used to destroy them. (I think it was the episode with the nazi)
Note: This was done via dialogue, no grapic pictures of missles where shown.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2004, 11:48:38 am »

Sorry but....
TOS had an epsode where missles where fired at the enterprize and Enterprizes phasers where used to destroy them. (I think it was the episode with the nazi)
I know what you are referring to but the Federation didn't either did the Klingons.They were off to some planet that was Psychiatric treatment facillity.There was exCaptian that want to take over the Enterprise.I know that episode well.The Federation or Klingon carried missles and why the Klingon need missles when they can just cloak.

Offline KBF-Crim

• Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2004, 01:07:30 pm »

Sorry but....
I know what you are referring to but the Federation didn't either did the Klingons.They were off to some planet that was Psychiatric treatment facillity.There was exCaptian that want to take over the Enterprise.I know that episode well.The Federation or Klingon carried missles and why the Klingon need missles when they can just cloak.

Offline Mace

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2004, 11:44:25 pm »

Sorry but....

The Missiles came from an old set of Blueprints that were with the original Star Trek Material That Star Fleet battles was made from.  The D7 in the Blueprints had Drone/missile launchers in the shuttlebay.  So, while the Klingons in the show never used the drones that doesn't mean they didn't have them.  In the Gulf War '91 those Subs in the Persian gulf had Nuclear tipped Tomahawk missiles but they didn't use them.   

Also, the Klingons in the Original series didn't Cloak thats a TNG addition.

And no, it's not a those that like SFB vs. those that like Star Trek thing.  I don't know of too many SFB players that don't like Star Trek, it's why they started playing in the first place.  I think the real problem between the two was that they were sooo different as to not really be the sequal most EAW/OP players were looking for.  Not to say it's a bad game, I had fun with it for a while, but it's not what was expected.  That was the problem.   I think most OP players would like to see some of the SFC3 things put into OP(not that it'll ever happen) The improved Dynaverse is one.  true reverse movement would be another. 

but, you get my point, no reason going off all half cocked.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2004, 04:27:06 pm »

Sorry but....

I haven't wanted to rag on you, but you don't know what you are talking about. You don't know your classic trek episodes the way you think that you do either.
"Dagger of the mind" is the treatment facility episode that you mention with doctor Simon VanGelder being played by the same actor (Morgan Woodward) that played Captain Tracey of the Exexter in "The Omega Glory". Many guest actors have had multiple star trek roles, even within the same trek series. You have blurred them together.
Patterns of Force is the episode where the Nazis fired missiles at the Enterprise and their propaganda department claimed to have utterly destroyed the vessel that they had targeted.
You should read the manual for the 1st starfleet command game if you get the chance. In it's openning paragraphs, it explains quite nicely  how the game was based on SFB and not the star trek that you watch on tv or in theaters. SFB was created after the original series was cancelled and before the motion picture came out. Activision and Taldren dropped the SFB mind set in moving the SFC series to the next generation era.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 04:49:12 pm by SHG-TobinDax »
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline GE-Raven

• Lord God Emperor for Life of the Taldren SETI Group
  • D.Net VIP
  • Commander
  • The cause of AND solution to life's problems
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2004, 01:23:50 pm »
Age, you ignorant slut....  ;D

SFB is based on  Star Trek... it is a rule set.  SFC is based on SFB, and therefore is based on Star Trek.  At the time of sfbs creation there was VERY little to base a game on.  They had to "flesh it out" I think they did so in a very sensible and believable way.

SFC3 is no more or less based on "Trek" than previous incarnations.  To think so is just plain ignorant of the fact that it uses the same basic "ruleset" that the previous games did.  Sure it has less variety in weapon types (no seeking) and such, but it is still "2D" it still uses damage allocation, shields and facings, (Although less of them) power allocation, and of course very similar "cosmetic" look. 

Please usederstand that your comments are ones that are quite obviously biased by your dislike (and lack of knowledge) of the previous games.  You think it is "more based on trek" because it is based on the trek you know.  However to those who loved SFB (I am not of of them by the way but SFC has made me a convert) you must realize that for about 10 years SFB was the ONLY trek readily available.  It allowed much more fun and depth than any other thing that was "trek".  So much so that it still exists in a world in which it is an anachronsim.

You prefer sfc3... that is fine... but please don't insult my intelligence by denigrating sfcs other incarnations to make a game you like "more trek" than another.

Thanks...

GE-Raven

Offline GE-Raven

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2004, 10:45:25 am »
Hmmm... I come in here to say one thing and I kill a thread...  :police:

GE-Raven

Offline GarrethMacLeod

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Alternate B Website
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2004, 12:26:34 pm »
I don't think it's you Raven. The SFC3 community here on dynaverse.net seems to have died...or is in a very deep coma.
Alternate B Chief Map Drone and General Whipping Boy
http://www.AlternateB.org

Offline GE-Raven

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2004, 01:23:15 pm »
Bummer... sorry to hear it.

GE-Raven

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2004, 02:48:35 pm »
Age, you ignorant slut....  ;D

SFB is based on  Star Trek... it is a rule set.  SFC is based on SFB, and therefore is based on Star Trek.  At the time of sfbs creation there was VERY little to base a game on.  They had to "flesh it out" I think they did so in a very sensible and believable way.

SFC3 is no more or less based on "Trek" than previous incarnations.  To think so is just plain ignorant of the fact that it uses the same basic "ruleset" that the previous games did.  Sure it has less variety in weapon types (no seeking) and such, but it is still "2D" it still uses damage allocation, shields and facings, (Although less of them) power allocation, and of course very similar "cosmetic" look. 

Please usederstand that your comments are ones that are quite obviously biased by your dislike (and lack of knowledge) of the previous games.  You think it is "more based on trek" because it is based on the trek you know.  However to those who loved SFB (I am not of of them by the way but SFC has made me a convert) you must realize that for about 10 years SFB was the ONLY trek readily available.  It allowed much more fun and depth than any other thing that was "trek".  So much so that it still exists in a world in which it is an anachronsim.

You prefer sfc3... that is fine... but please don't insult my intelligence by denigrating sfcs other incarnations to make a game you like "more trek" than another.

Thanks...

GE-Raven

I want something done with this guy and remove this thread is it has gotten ugly.If I don't hear that something has been done I gather there is no Justice on these boards.Give him a two 3 week Suspension.If he starts to irritate me again I will start a war with him then you will see my anger.I will use everyword in the book.He provoked it blame him.I want justice!!!!!

Offline GE-Raven

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2004, 03:17:56 pm »
I want something done with this guy and remove this thread is it has gotten ugly.If I don't hear that something has been done I gather there is no Justice on these boards.Give him a two 3 week Suspension.If he starts to irritate me again I will start a war with him then you will see my anger.I will use everyword in the book.He provoked it blame him.I want justice!!!!!

:o

Take it you are not a Saturday Night Live fan....

Age, Please note the Smiley... I really don't think you are a slut!  Other than your misinterpretting what was intended as a joke (Please refer to Point/Counter-point SNL sketches circa 1977) I see nothing that would warrant suspension. 

BTW it sure did take you a while to get offended.  LOL

GE-Raven

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2004, 05:27:03 pm »
I'd like to just take a moment to remind everyone that just because you know of a sketch or comedy routine doesn't mean others would.

We have guests from all over the world here @ D.Net, and to suppose that everyone would know of the SNL sketches from years past - well.

I'd also like to re-iterate and clarify something.

The reason SOME SFC3 players don't frequent these boards is BECAUSE of the mis-information you're trying to spread, AGE. When you talk about something in an authorative manner, but yet don't know what you are talking about - well, some people who haven't been around for a while might believe it.

D.Net supports ALL versions of the SFC Series - PERIOD.

We'll be here after all others have faded into the twilight with their support of these great games!

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline GE-Raven

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2004, 08:04:05 am »
I'd like to just take a moment to remind everyone that just because you know of a sketch or comedy routine doesn't mean others would.

We have guests from all over the world here @ D.Net, and to suppose that everyone would know of the SNL sketches from years past - well.

I'd also like to re-iterate and clarify something.

The reason SOME SFC3 players don't frequent these boards is BECAUSE of the mis-information you're trying to spread, AGE. When you talk about something in an authorative manner, but yet don't know what you are talking about - well, some people who haven't been around for a while might believe it.

D.Net supports ALL versions of the SFC Series - PERIOD.

We'll be here after all others have faded into the twilight with their support of these great games!

Regards,

Yeah... yeah... sorry... I thought the Smiliey would be enough to know that I don't really believe that Age is an "Ignorant Slut".   My Bad... Mea Culpa.

GE-Raven