Topic: An attempt to heal the community in a sort of SFC 3 open beta program..  (Read 16823 times)

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: An attempt to heal the community in a sort of SFC 3 open beta program..
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2004, 07:30:25 pm »
  How would OP be in limbo as the game is Fineshed with the 2552 patch this what I have been told.What more needs to be fixed or changed in your opion?

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2004, 11:50:24 pm »
Hello?...*tap tap*...this thing on? :P

I'm obviously refering to the pending release of OP code...if such a release occurs... :-\

Geez..how many threads have their been allready on what needs tweaked/fixed/added/changed..... ::)

Thus the whole point of getting the source code...to continue working on OP... ;)

Since OP is the base for SFC3...it's quite possible "some" of the fixes could be ported to SFC3... 8)

Offline Cleaven

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2004, 12:44:55 am »
 .There are no missiles used in Star Trek in the TV and Movies.When ships cloak you don't see there shields.There is no warp or reversing thrusters.They never used scatter packs or wild weasels in TV Star Trek that is what rift is.Those that like StarFleetBattles vs those who like Star Trek.

What a load of rubbish. Complete waste of time typing out this misinformation.

Not sure I can be bothered, but as you are the Doc, can you run an AI standard patrol in 2 minutes in a KRC? If so, there is no problem and I am utterly wrong. If you cannot, then the KRC is a worse ship for AI missions than ones I know can.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2004, 01:59:29 am »
 .There are no missiles used in Star Trek in the TV and Movies.When ships cloak you don't see there shields.There is no warp or reversing thrusters.They never used scatter packs or wild weasels in TV Star Trek that is what rift is.Those that like StarFleetBattles vs those who like Star Trek.

Then why did you do it.They never used these in Star Trek.

Offline Cleaven

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2004, 02:01:19 am »

When you get around to it, play some Dynaverse games and watch some Star Trek. Please.

Not sure I can be bothered, but as you are the Doc, can you run an AI standard patrol in 2 minutes in a KRC? If so, there is no problem and I am utterly wrong. If you cannot, then the KRC is a worse ship for AI missions than ones I know can.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2004, 02:04:11 am »

When you get around to it, play some Dynaverse games and watch some Star Trek. Please.
I watch and I read about Star Trek and they ever talk about some of this stuff and I know more D3ers than you know.

Offline Cleaven

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2004, 02:34:04 am »

I watch and I read about Star Trek and they ever talk about some of this stuff and I know more D3ers than you know.

LOL - yep and that includes the Water Nymph too. I now see why your "posts" are so "interesting". You follow the principle of "It's not what you know it's who you know".

I watch and read about astronauts - doesn't make me one.

Offline Nomad

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2004, 08:37:00 am »
  There are no missiles used in Star Trek in the TV

Sorry but....
TOS had an epsode where missles where fired at the enterprize and Enterprizes phasers where used to destroy them. (I think it was the episode with the nazi)
Note: This was done via dialogue, no grapic pictures of missles where shown.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2004, 11:48:38 am »

Sorry but....
TOS had an epsode where missles where fired at the enterprize and Enterprizes phasers where used to destroy them. (I think it was the episode with the nazi)
I know what you are referring to but the Federation didn't either did the Klingons.They were off to some planet that was Psychiatric treatment facillity.There was exCaptian that want to take over the Enterprise.I know that episode well.The Federation or Klingon carried missles and why the Klingon need missles when they can just cloak.

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2004, 01:07:30 pm »

Sorry but....
I know what you are referring to but the Federation didn't either did the Klingons.They were off to some planet that was Psychiatric treatment facillity.There was exCaptian that want to take over the Enterprise.I know that episode well.The Federation or Klingon carried missles and why the Klingon need missles when they can just cloak.

Offline Mace

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2004, 11:44:25 pm »

Sorry but....

The Missiles came from an old set of Blueprints that were with the original Star Trek Material That Star Fleet battles was made from.  The D7 in the Blueprints had Drone/missile launchers in the shuttlebay.  So, while the Klingons in the show never used the drones that doesn't mean they didn't have them.  In the Gulf War '91 those Subs in the Persian gulf had Nuclear tipped Tomahawk missiles but they didn't use them.   

Also, the Klingons in the Original series didn't Cloak thats a TNG addition.

And no, it's not a those that like SFB vs. those that like Star Trek thing.  I don't know of too many SFB players that don't like Star Trek, it's why they started playing in the first place.  I think the real problem between the two was that they were sooo different as to not really be the sequal most EAW/OP players were looking for.  Not to say it's a bad game, I had fun with it for a while, but it's not what was expected.  That was the problem.   I think most OP players would like to see some of the SFC3 things put into OP(not that it'll ever happen) The improved Dynaverse is one.  true reverse movement would be another. 

but, you get my point, no reason going off all half cocked.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2004, 04:27:06 pm »

Sorry but....

I haven't wanted to rag on you, but you don't know what you are talking about. You don't know your classic trek episodes the way you think that you do either.
"Dagger of the mind" is the treatment facility episode that you mention with doctor Simon VanGelder being played by the same actor (Morgan Woodward) that played Captain Tracey of the Exexter in "The Omega Glory". Many guest actors have had multiple star trek roles, even within the same trek series. You have blurred them together.
Patterns of Force is the episode where the Nazis fired missiles at the Enterprise and their propaganda department claimed to have utterly destroyed the vessel that they had targeted.
You should read the manual for the 1st starfleet command game if you get the chance. In it's openning paragraphs, it explains quite nicely  how the game was based on SFB and not the star trek that you watch on tv or in theaters. SFB was created after the original series was cancelled and before the motion picture came out. Activision and Taldren dropped the SFB mind set in moving the SFC series to the next generation era.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 04:49:12 pm by SHG-TobinDax »
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline GE-Raven

• Lord God Emperor for Life of the Taldren SETI Group
  • D.Net VIP
  • Commander
  • The cause of AND solution to life's problems
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2004, 01:23:50 pm »
Age, you ignorant slut....  ;D

SFB is based on  Star Trek... it is a rule set.  SFC is based on SFB, and therefore is based on Star Trek.  At the time of sfbs creation there was VERY little to base a game on.  They had to "flesh it out" I think they did so in a very sensible and believable way.

SFC3 is no more or less based on "Trek" than previous incarnations.  To think so is just plain ignorant of the fact that it uses the same basic "ruleset" that the previous games did.  Sure it has less variety in weapon types (no seeking) and such, but it is still "2D" it still uses damage allocation, shields and facings, (Although less of them) power allocation, and of course very similar "cosmetic" look. 

Please usederstand that your comments are ones that are quite obviously biased by your dislike (and lack of knowledge) of the previous games.  You think it is "more based on trek" because it is based on the trek you know.  However to those who loved SFB (I am not of of them by the way but SFC has made me a convert) you must realize that for about 10 years SFB was the ONLY trek readily available.  It allowed much more fun and depth than any other thing that was "trek".  So much so that it still exists in a world in which it is an anachronsim.

You prefer sfc3... that is fine... but please don't insult my intelligence by denigrating sfcs other incarnations to make a game you like "more trek" than another.

Thanks...

GE-Raven

Offline GE-Raven

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2004, 10:45:25 am »
Hmmm... I come in here to say one thing and I kill a thread...  :police:

GE-Raven

Offline GarrethMacLeod

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Alternate B Website
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2004, 12:26:34 pm »
I don't think it's you Raven. The SFC3 community here on dynaverse.net seems to have died...or is in a very deep coma.
Alternate B Chief Map Drone and General Whipping Boy
http://www.AlternateB.org

Offline GE-Raven

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2004, 01:23:15 pm »
Bummer... sorry to hear it.

GE-Raven

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2004, 02:48:35 pm »
Age, you ignorant slut....  ;D

SFB is based on  Star Trek... it is a rule set.  SFC is based on SFB, and therefore is based on Star Trek.  At the time of sfbs creation there was VERY little to base a game on.  They had to "flesh it out" I think they did so in a very sensible and believable way.

SFC3 is no more or less based on "Trek" than previous incarnations.  To think so is just plain ignorant of the fact that it uses the same basic "ruleset" that the previous games did.  Sure it has less variety in weapon types (no seeking) and such, but it is still "2D" it still uses damage allocation, shields and facings, (Although less of them) power allocation, and of course very similar "cosmetic" look. 

Please usederstand that your comments are ones that are quite obviously biased by your dislike (and lack of knowledge) of the previous games.  You think it is "more based on trek" because it is based on the trek you know.  However to those who loved SFB (I am not of of them by the way but SFC has made me a convert) you must realize that for about 10 years SFB was the ONLY trek readily available.  It allowed much more fun and depth than any other thing that was "trek".  So much so that it still exists in a world in which it is an anachronsim.

You prefer sfc3... that is fine... but please don't insult my intelligence by denigrating sfcs other incarnations to make a game you like "more trek" than another.

Thanks...

GE-Raven

I want something done with this guy and remove this thread is it has gotten ugly.If I don't hear that something has been done I gather there is no Justice on these boards.Give him a two 3 week Suspension.If he starts to irritate me again I will start a war with him then you will see my anger.I will use everyword in the book.He provoked it blame him.I want justice!!!!!

Offline GE-Raven

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2004, 03:17:56 pm »
I want something done with this guy and remove this thread is it has gotten ugly.If I don't hear that something has been done I gather there is no Justice on these boards.Give him a two 3 week Suspension.If he starts to irritate me again I will start a war with him then you will see my anger.I will use everyword in the book.He provoked it blame him.I want justice!!!!!

:o

Take it you are not a Saturday Night Live fan....

Age, Please note the Smiley... I really don't think you are a slut!  Other than your misinterpretting what was intended as a joke (Please refer to Point/Counter-point SNL sketches circa 1977) I see nothing that would warrant suspension. 

BTW it sure did take you a while to get offended.  LOL

GE-Raven

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2004, 05:27:03 pm »
I'd like to just take a moment to remind everyone that just because you know of a sketch or comedy routine doesn't mean others would.

We have guests from all over the world here @ D.Net, and to suppose that everyone would know of the SNL sketches from years past - well.

I'd also like to re-iterate and clarify something.

The reason SOME SFC3 players don't frequent these boards is BECAUSE of the mis-information you're trying to spread, AGE. When you talk about something in an authorative manner, but yet don't know what you are talking about - well, some people who haven't been around for a while might believe it.

D.Net supports ALL versions of the SFC Series - PERIOD.

We'll be here after all others have faded into the twilight with their support of these great games!

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline GE-Raven

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2004, 08:04:05 am »
I'd like to just take a moment to remind everyone that just because you know of a sketch or comedy routine doesn't mean others would.

We have guests from all over the world here @ D.Net, and to suppose that everyone would know of the SNL sketches from years past - well.

I'd also like to re-iterate and clarify something.

The reason SOME SFC3 players don't frequent these boards is BECAUSE of the mis-information you're trying to spread, AGE. When you talk about something in an authorative manner, but yet don't know what you are talking about - well, some people who haven't been around for a while might believe it.

D.Net supports ALL versions of the SFC Series - PERIOD.

We'll be here after all others have faded into the twilight with their support of these great games!

Regards,

Yeah... yeah... sorry... I thought the Smiliey would be enough to know that I don't really believe that Age is an "Ignorant Slut".   My Bad... Mea Culpa.

GE-Raven